Post-Game Talk: Sens vs Nucks 10pm ET - March 20 2019 - TSN5,SNP

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
It would be nice to at least catch LA here down the stretch. It's also been nice to see the boys not just giving up on the season. They've been working hard, which has shown some character in the young group we have.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Look at those lines.

Tkachuk-Pageau-Veronneau is CLEARLY the first line. I don't need someone to spell that out for me on Twitter. :laugh:

I don't think any of those lines are CLEARLY the first line, they all look pretty equally bad. The lines will be thrown into a blender 5 minutes into the game. Good to know you don't need anyone to spell it out for you!:nod:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don't think any of those lines are CLEARLY the first line, they all look pretty equally bad. The lines will be thrown into a blender 5 minutes into the game. Good to know you don't need anyone to spell it out for you!:nod:

I think it's the only line that doesn't have at least one guy that is clearly a bottom 6 player (Paajarvi, Gibbons, Lindberg, Smith, Boedker).

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
I think it's the only line that doesn't have at least one guy that is clearly a bottom 6 player (Paajarvi, Gibbons, Lindberg, Smith, Boedker).
Pageau and Veronneau are not top 6 players on any other decent team and especially Veronneau over such a small sample size but that could change.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Pageau and Veronneau are not top 6 players on any other decent team and especially Veronneau over such a small sample size but that could change.

I'd call Pageau a middle six guy, he can slide into the top 6 and not hurt you, but your more comfortable with him as a 3rd liner. No team would have him as a 4th liner though (unless they have absurd center depth, like Toronto for example). The guys I listed all belong exclusively in the bottom 6, and shouldn't be sliding into that 2nd line ever imo.

The premise of the OP was that Veronneau playing above were any decent team would normally have him given his lack of experience, because of the state of our team (lack of better options), so using him as the reason the line isn't the 1st line doesn't really make much sense.

That said, I think the only other line you could throw him on out of that group and argue it is an improvement is the Balcers-Tierney line (replaces Paajarvi). I do think that Veronneau, even considering his lack of experience, is more conducive to a scoring line (ie #1 or #2) than Paajarvi, so again, I think the line of Tkachuk-Pageau-Veronneau is clearly the line that will be most likely looked to when offense is needed.

Reactions: bert

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Clearly the conversation is being had within the context of the players currently on the team.

That line is OUR first line. We can have a discussion about how it would compare against the rest of the league (I'm sure the answer would unanimously be "badly") if you want, but that will probably be a short discussion, as I don't think there's too many people around here that would disagree that the lineup, as currently built, has probably the worst forward depth in the league.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Clearly the conversation is being had within the context of the players currently on the team.

That line is OUR first line. We can have a discussion about how it would compare against the rest of the league (I'm sure the answer would unanimously be "badly") if you want, but that will probably be a short discussion, as I don't think there's too many people around here that would disagree that the lineup, as currently built, has probably the worst forward depth in the league.

Oh its far and away the worst group of forwards in the league, hence why Veronneau is on the first line. He has showed more offensive ability in two games than most of the forwards have shown all season in regards to creating chances and getting into position to be a threat to score. Ofcourse that does not mean he is a first line player in the NHL he is just one of the only options here in Ottawa.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Oh its far and away the worst group of forwards in the league, hence why Veronneau is on the first line. He has showed more offensive ability in two games than most of the forwards have shown all season in regards to creating chances and getting into position to be a threat to score. Ofcourse that does not mean he is a first line player in the NHL he is just one of the only options here in Ottawa.

Missing White really seals the deal on that.

I do look forward to next years group though; potentially adding Brown, Batherson and Formenton could go a long way.

Tkachuk-White-Batherson
Duclair-Brown-Veronneau
Formenton-Tierney-Ryan
Balcers-Pageau-Boedker

That to me looks like four lines that wouldn't look out of place as a 2A 2B line or a really solid 3rd line.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Rookie - Okay - Rookie
Okay - Plug - Plug
Rookie - Okay - Plug
Plug - Plug - Okay

Rookie - Okay
Rookie - Okay
Plug - Rookie

This is my in depth analysis of our line up for tomorrow.

Also, how does Boro manage to be our 6th defenseman if half our D are rookies?
Ceci = Okay?

Kk

Last edited:
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

I do look forward to next years group though; potentially adding Brown, Batherson and Formenton could go a long way.

Tkachuk-White-Batherson
Duclair-Brown-Veronneau
Formenton-Tierney-Ryan
Balcers-Pageau-Boedker

That to me looks like four lines that wouldn't look out of place as a 2A 2B line or a really solid 3rd line.
Agree
And ultimatly replace Bobby and Boedker by pre lockout drafted players for the FYOUS
D wise if you can get rid of Ceci and Boro and get JBD and Branström up

Line up would look ok

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

Tkachuk-White-Batherson
Duclair-Brown-Veronneau
Formenton-Tierney-Ryan
Balcers-Pageau-Boedker

Missing some star power. Adding Lafreniere to that lineup would be huge.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Missing some star power. Adding Lafreniere to that lineup would be huge.

Even with Lafreniere, every rookie we have would need to hit their full potential for that to be a contending lineup. Still a lot of question marks in there imo. Brown, Duclair, Veronneau, Formenton and Balcers could all flop or top out as 3rd liners(and that's IF we retain Duclair).

Evanc23

Nov 20, 2018
I mean even after we get Lafreniere (if we're lucky enough to win the lottery..) we will still finish bottom 5 the next year and pick up an elite talent there as well. If those two players end up as elite as advertised we should be in the mix for a wildcard spot and hopefully the playoffs in 3 or 4 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad