Post-Game Talk: Sens vs Nucks 10pm ET - March 20 2019 - TSN5,SNP

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Haven’t really noticed any major deficiencies. But he is playing for a contract here.
So far anyway, he has been as good as Dzingel imo.
Very consistent too. If he can keep this level of play up then I’d be excited and quite happy with that trade for sure.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
If pageau is suspended so should the saunter idiot who takes several strides with his back turned and head down. He put himself in a position to get nailed

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
That was horrific by Wolanin. That is precisely why Lajoie made the team out of camp instead of Wolanin who is 3 years older.

I just hope Lajoie can be an NHL defender at some point. Comparing him to Wolanin - even on a bad night for Wolanin - is not at all fair to Lajoie.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Lol, what trash. Pageau will likely be suspended for his boarding hit, but the Canucks nerd that hit Smith gets jack? Come on.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I just hope Lajoie can be an NHL defender at some point. Comparing him to Wolanin - even on a bad night for Wolanin - is not at all fair to Lajoie.

No, on their best nights they're pretty equivalent players. Wolanin at this point is way more offensive-minded and Lajoie is more of a two-way guy but they are similar prospects. If you had asked Wolanin to do what Lajoie did this year at the NHL level he would have been destroyed. On the flip side I don't see Lajoie ever having quite the offensive numbers of Wolanin although he is 3 years younger.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
No, on their best nights they're pretty equivalent players. Wolanin at this point is way more offensive-minded and Lajoie is more of a two-way guy but they are similar prospects. If you had asked Wolanin to do what Lajoie did this year at the NHL level he would have been destroyed. On the flip side I don't see Lajoie ever having quite the offensive numbers of Wolanin although he is 3 years younger.

I agree, the biggest difference between how these two are at playing the game is age & they have their own style. Wolanin is older & physically more mature & as you say is the better offensive player. I think we will see Lajoie continue to progress but not be as good offensively while being much better overall as a two-way guy as you say.

I think Lajoie has an NHL future although I'm not sure it will be here in Ottawa with Wolanin & Brannstrom already here & possibly ahead of him. I could see them using Lajoie & say Balcers as trading chips to upgrade & improve the roster. Then again being three yrs younger they may hang on to him to see if they have two good consistent defencemen in Wolanin & Brannstrom next season before deciding to move him.

Last edited:

sensfan44

peacetowersens
Aug 12, 2007
Chilliwack BC
Visit site
How was the fan support for Ottawa? Usually when they visit the western Canadian teams they have a good showing of Sens fans in the arena

It was decent. A few times I heard ‘Go Sens Go’ just a little louder than the Nucks fans. The building was rather empty though. Usually the concourse is difficult to manoeuvre in Van with a packed house and you could tell it definitely wasn’t packed last night. I also got the sense that the pockets of Sens fans last night weren’t as optimistic as usual. We just seemed to ‘be’ there. It wasn’t the usual ‘high fives in the hallway’ kinda atmosphere I’ve witnessed in years previous. Still a decent showing mind you.
My award for obscure jersey of the night goes to the guy in the Demitra jersey (other than myself in a Peluso;)

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
How was the fan support for Ottawa? Usually when they visit the western Canadian teams they have a good showing of Sens fans in the arena

I go almost every year to Senators vs canucks, and we are usually mildly representative, but still occasionally visible / audible. Sens fans were surprisingly visible this time. This might just be due to a very low attendance at Rogers Arena. For Senators fans, this is a yearly event that you go to even if they suck. For Canucks fans, this is them just playing the worst team in the league.

That said, maybe you could hear me during the game. I was the one yelling, "What are you doing!? WHY!!?"

Also, Nilsson was very bad. His positioning was terrible. On many of the goals, I knew it was going in before the player even took the shot. Half the net was wide open almost all game long. Also, it seems like we have absolutely no game plan. Every player's action seemed completely unrelated to what every other play was doing. Extremely uncoordinated passing, defense, ect. Ceci was brutal to watch. Boro was better than Ceci. Take that however you want.

I had a very good look at this team, and I was unimpressed. Only a few players seem to possess any poise, instinct, or any end goal. About halfway through the game I saw Duclair kind of floating infront of the Canucks net, wide open, and our team didn't even know he was there. We only had one player trying to score.

Reactions: Pierre in Orleans

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

I respect your opinion and I'll watch for what you mentioned.

To me it's not just offense, it's wolanin's first pass out of danger, his ability to rush the puck up and out of the zone. I guess they're different defenders, but I dont see lajoie as anything near as impactful as wolanin. Yes, he's sturdier in the defensive zone, but he'd have to be considering how much better wolanin is at passing and offensive awareness etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad