Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Leafs tonight ons SportsNet

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Man I'd be so jacked for this game if we still had EK

He probably still wouldn't be playing tonight.

Can't we just enjoy the kids for one night? I'm looking forward to what Formenton-Duchene-Dzingel can do.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I'm a sucker, can't help but be excited for Sens hockey even if we're a tire fire.....maybe that'll wear off if we're getting blown out every game.

Nothing wrong with that. We're Sens fans, we're supposed to get excited when they're playing. The doom and gloom is already starting to get old.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
DnUZ76VV4AAgZpO.jpg
Thank you

Reactions: solidprospect

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Nothing wrong with that. We're Sens fans, we're supposed to get excited when they're playing. The doom and gloom is already starting to get old.

It certainly is exhausting!

Look, I'm not supporting this thing with my money any longer (this is a recording), but I'll be watching all season. I can't pretend like I don't care, or won't cheer. I'm a Sens fan for life. My fear (not pre-season related) is that they rush too many green assets into the line-up all together, to their detriment. Hoping for big things in the long term as there are some very promising pieces, a chunk of whom are playing tonight.

It's been a while since we had a forward who could really wheel (Spezza?). Though I'm not saying he's as skilled, Formenton is the guy I'm most excited to watch. Guy can fly.

Looking forward to hockey in general....

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017

Look, I'm not supporting this thing with my money any longer (this is a recording), but I'll be watching all season. I can't pretend like I don't care, or won't cheer. I'm a Sens fan for life. My fear (not pre-season related) is that they rush too many green assets into the line-up all together, to their detriment. Hoping for big things in the long term as there are some very promising pieces, a chunk of whom are playing tonight.

It's been a while since we had a forward who could really wheel (Spezza?). Though I'm not saying he's as skilled, Formenton is the guy I'm most excited to watch. Guy can fly.

Spezza was not that quick. Havlat was the last Sens guy that was comparable to Forms in terms of pace.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

Good post.

I'll be cheering the boys on tonight. We have some prospects I'm really pumped about.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Super stoked to see the boys tonight. Been dying for hockey to get started again this year. Go boys!

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

I feel the same way. Except I'm not too worried about how the kids will be handled. We still acquired quite a few veterans this offseason. Bodker, Tierney, DeMelo. Even AHL bound acquisitions like Casey, McKenna, etc. are going to help the kids.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Spezza was not that quick. Havlat was the last Sens guy that was comparable to Forms in terms of pace.

Hoffman is up there. Dzingel is not too far behind. I'd say both are faster than Havlat was.

Spezza didn't have amazing acceleration, but he had a long powerful stride which gave him a really impressive top speed.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I feel the same way. Except I'm not too worried about how the kids will be handled. We still acquired quite a few veterans this offseason. Bodker, Tierney, DeMelo. Even AHL bound acquisitions like Casey, McKenna, etc. are going to help the kids.
The most likely scenario is that the Sens will have too many kids breaking in this season.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Who’s helping the d-men?

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
These are the projected lines:

I think the Tambellini-Brown-Batherson line will impress. In this lineup the players that are legitimately competing for spots are Formenton, White, Batherson, Brown, Tambellini, Paul and Wolanin.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Who’s helping the d-men?

Do we even have any openings?

We have the following with 100+ GP in the NHL:
Ceci
Wideman
Boro
DeMelo

Add Chabot, who's basically playing like a veteran, and I'm not worried about getting ruined

It leaves us one opening for the following who, besides Wolanin, all have a decent amount of pro experience:
Harpur (185GP)
Jaros (132GP)
Lajoie (57GP)
Wolanin (10GP)

I'd say they are not at risk of having their development ruined by overexposure.

We'll probably roll with:
Chabot-Ceci
Boro-Wideman
Wolanin/Harpur-DeMelo

Wolanin will get all the shelter he needs.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Do we even have any openings?

We have the following with 100+ GP in the NHL:
Ceci
Wideman
Boro
DeMelo

Add Chabot, who's basically playing like a veteran, and I'm not worried about getting ruined

It leaves us one opening for the following who, besides Wolanin, all have a decent amount of pro experience:
Harpur (185GP)
Jaros (132GP)
Lajoie (57GP)
Wolanin (10GP)

I'd say they are not at risk of having their development ruined by overexposure.

We'll probably roll with:
Chabot-Ceci
Boro-Wideman
Wolanin/Harpur-DeMelo

Wolanin will get all the shelter he needs.
Chabot still has his defensive struggles. I don’t see anyone there that can help him along the way. He’s pretty much on his own right now.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
These are the projected lines:

I think the Tambellini-Brown-Batherson line will impress. In this lineup the players that are legitimately competing for spots are Formenton, White, Batherson, Brown, Tambellini, Paul and Wolanin.

Official lineup just came out and Formenton will be on the 2nd line and Ryan on the 1rst line.

Ryan - Duchene - Dzingel
Formenton - White - Boedker

Otherwise same lineup.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
So excited to see what Brown and Batherson can do.

Those two are the real wild cards in determining how we fare in the future.

Formenton, Tkachuck, White these players won't ever be elite forwards. But Batherson and Brown have the potential.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
So excited to see what Brown and Batherson can do.

Those two are the real wild cards in determining how we fare in the future.

Formenton, Tkachuck, White these players won't ever be elite forwards. But Batherson and Brown have the potential.

Why can't Tkachuk be an elite forward?

Reactions: IamJust0ne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad