Status
Not open for further replies.

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
Ottawa wins game, gets zero post game coverage. Keep on keeping on, Rogers

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Definitely not a pretty win as a whole team stand point.

But great to see some of our top players playing great.

Karlsson was doing Karlsson things
Ryan had a great start
Brassard was a beast
Turris took a while, but got his legs going in the latter part of the game.
Stone just being Stone.

Going to be a long few weeks until the system will get implemented by the team properly. Hopefully anyways.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
On the plus side our big guns scored.

On the down side, we looked like **** haha. No way did we deserve that win, but F it. Get better and come out hard on Saturday.

You gotta beat the ******** teams (which Toronto may very well end up being) regardless of how bad it was. If it's that bad moving forward then we have a problem. Too early to panic.

I'm waiting for "Chelfan31" to demand Dorion be fired and Ottawa be relocated to Bangor, Maine (Julie Gaffney will become GM) :yo:

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Couldn't watch but thank god. I imagine that the post game talk in the media will have almost no mention of the Leafs losing though

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Boro, Neil & Smith all had a good night & played well. :handclap:

Hopefully the Boro experiment ends. His toughness wasn't needed at all tonight.

Neil was behind the play the majority of the game outside of that one shift where he dangled in close and his huge hit.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Breakout at times struggled IMO and we struggled slowing them down in the neutral zoine and that ultimately made us run around in the dzone. I really didnt tyhink we defended their rushes well.

Offense was good. I thought they moved the puck well and created chances

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Sportsnet was so focused on Matthews that didn't bother to point out Hunwick left a period before.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Auston, you just scored your fourth goal in your first game. Give us a smile at least.

Damn they turn these kids to robots in a hurry.

Yeah, he'd get butchered if he showed he was happy. Tough to be in that spotlight. In any spotlight.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah the team's defensive game still needs massive improvement, and ANderson was shakey but there are positives. They didn't give up, despite Matthews having a historic game.

They fought back, crawled back and won the game. The PP looked good, the PK was solid. Lots of work to be done, but it's a big win. At the end of the day they got it done.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
2nd period killed us. 3 penalties, no PP, and couldn't get anything going. They were killing us on the long change too, getting that stretch pass seemingly every time.

Remove that 2nd period, and the game was a passable effort, not great, but what I would have expected from a team learning a new system.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Nice comeback win, but i felt they played lazy with all that garbage stick checking the 1st two periods. Take the body, and it's likely Matthews doesn't score 4.

We fell apart in the second. The Sens need to stop doing that. Clean up the second and 5v5 play. Need to work on defensive 5v5 play badly.

But on the plus side,

1. Our PP looked good
2. Our PK looked good
3. I'm happy with Turris, Ryan, Brassard, Karlsson. They all played well.

Also love Karlsson. Just love. See how much PK he played. And each time got the puck out. Ahhh.... how sweet it is. That game is a bit easier pill to swallow with the win.

Matthews looks like a star

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Matthews will be one hell of a player, but he's going to have to do it again (well not 4 goals) against harder competition (Bergeron, Crosby, Backstrom, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad