Pre-Game Talk: Sens vs Jets March 4 6:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-pre-game-chat-300x169.jpg

Coach Maurice scrum - Initial thoughts on Stempniak and where he sees him fitting in. Is Blake’s position an example of guys sacrificing? Was he aware that the team is projected to win the Cup in 2019? What does having Wheeler on the 3rd line do for the development of a player like Lowry? How does he approach the Ottawa game? On having players who have patience with management. On players realizing team wasn’t where they needed to be (a few years back) and having patience. How much coaching does he do with the guys he counts on to be leaders at this point in the season?

To listen click here.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
this is the most talented Jets team assembled.
ever. including v1.0.
that's kind of weird.
i mean, next year's will be great as well, with the rooks on board.

but guys, we're living in the golden age.
Adam Pardy. on the 4th line.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
this is the most talented Jets team assembled.
ever. including v1.0.
that's kind of weird.
i mean, next year's will be great as well, with the rooks on board.

but guys, we're living in the golden age.
Adam Pardy. on the 4th line.

That's when you know you've made it ;)

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
I just looked at the standings and noticed the Jets are as close to the top as they are to being out of the playoffs. WTF? When did we get a real NHL team? People in Toronto must be super jealous!

Hope we can pound the Sens and win clean.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Yeah, 5th in the West and seemingly barely hanging on to a spot. Thanks stupid ****ing wild-card system.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
From a pure skill and most likely to help your team perspective I'd go,

Armia
Halischuk
O'Dell
Galiardi
Peluso

Armia is based purely on potential though.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
in what order would you rank o'dell, halischuk, galiardi, peluso, armia ?

Armia is the shiny new toy that we have not yet seen. Clearly at this point he would be at the top of the list and has the highest ceiling.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Yeah, 5th in the West and seemingly barely hanging on to a spot. Thanks stupid ****ing wild-card system.

Kind of irrelevant. If we end up missing the playoffs we would miss it regardless of the division we're in. We'd be no closer to securing a playoff spot if we were #2 in the Pacific. In fact the wild-card system is helping us more than anything right now. If the top 4 of each division went then we'd only have the 3 point cushion on Minnesota, instead of the 6 point cushion on Calgary/LA/SJ.

Also if it were just the top 8 who makes it, we'd need the Wild and then 3 of SJ, CGY, VAN and LA to pass us, which is the exact situation we're in now. It doesn't look as pretty at a glance, but it's not really different.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville

can you imagine if Dallas and/or Colorado were having seasons like last year & we were battling with them as well! You`d have 2 of 3 spots from the Pacific currently in the playoffs with 70 points & us in a dogfight or maybe even out at 76 points.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
in what order would you rank o'dell, halischuk, galiardi, peluso, armia ?

Are you asking who would help most in the next game, or is is likely to end up as the best player? In terms of best player it is Armia by a considerable margin.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Kind of irrelevant. If we end up missing the playoffs we would miss it regardless of the division we're in. We'd be no closer to securing a playoff spot if we were #2 in the Pacific. In fact the wild-card system is helping us more than anything right now. If the top 4 of each division went then we'd only have the 3 point cushion on Minnesota, instead of the 6 point cushion on Calgary/LA/SJ.

Also if it were just the top 8 who makes it, we'd need the Wild and then 3 of SJ, CGY, VAN and LA to pass us, which is the exact situation we're in now. It doesn't look as pretty at a glance, but it's not really different.

This is a great point. I tried to make this point a awhile back, but this is well said.

bodybreak

Whiteshell Wild
Jul 11, 2006
I just looked at the standings and noticed the Jets are as close to the top as they are to being out of the playoffs. WTF? When did we get a real NHL team? People in Toronto must be super jealous!

Hope we can pound the Sens and win clean.

Actually we're 6 points up on 9th place, but 13 points out of 1st. You had me excited there for a moment!

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
So.....must win tomorrow? The real test?
Because these constant Minny wins are really starting to bother me :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad