GDT: Sens vs DEVILS - GERIATRIC EDITION - FEB 3rd 2015 - 7PM -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Heartbreaking finish

Bench Weircioch and never let him play for the Senators ever again

Throw away the key, do whatever it takes, he is the worst player on this team and we can't afford to have someone that awful

JBucephalus

Jan 8, 2013
I think that's just about it for this season's playoff hopes. We're too far back and have not shown any semblance of a capability to win anymore than 2 in a row and we struggle to even do that. Time to take the positives from this season and look forward to next season although I will continue to watch until the season is over.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This season has been really frustrating to watch.

This win one lose one **** is ****ing annoying.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Wiercioch can't outmuscle Jagr, the best board player in the history of the game, in the corner. Thread fills with "ugh Wiercioch is the worst"

Wiercioch carries the puck through 5 devils in the neutral zone / at the blue line and gets a solid shot away. Thread is dead silent.

In fairness to me, I was all over Wier on his skating earlier in the game when he was failing to keep up, and made sure to credit Jagr's boardwork on that goal.

Just pointing this out to observe that there are some of us who, while critical of Wier at times, are trying to assess Wier's game properly, on a play-by-play basis.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Heartbreaking finish

Bench Weircioch and never let him play for the Senators ever again

Throw away the key, do whatever it takes, he is the worst player on this team and we can't afford to have someone that awful

Kind of agree. If he doesn't bring offense he is pretty much useless. Throw him in with a bigger trade and maybe he can somehow flourish with another team(is what I'd say to convince another GM).

jasonjim

Nov 1, 2006
OTTAWA
And the win one lose one continues.

:cry:
The bottom line is that we don't have enough talent on this team to win consistently. Either we are lousy defensively or lousy offensively, sometimes both together. Watching the game tonight was a waste of time. Our best bet is to get into the sweepstakes for McDavid or a top 5 draft choice so that we can build for the future.

JBucephalus

Jan 8, 2013
In fairness to me, I was all over Wier on his skating earlier in the game when he was failing to keep up, and made sure to credit Jagr's boardwork on that goal.

Just pointing this out to observe that there are some of us who, while critical of Wier at times, are trying to assess Wier's game properly, on a play-by-play basis.

I think the emotionally based comments are going to draw more attention and responses than the objectively based ones. Which is a bit of a coincidence since people seem to dislike the emotionally based ones the most.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I think the emotionally based comments are going to draw more attention and responses than the objectively based ones. Which is a bit of a coincidence since people seem to dislike the emotionally based ones the most.

And a lot of posters on this board are especially good at exploiting this weakness. It's not really a coincidence. Some of the younger members enjoy getting reactions whether they are positive or negative.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Kind of agree. If he doesn't bring offense he is pretty much useless. Throw him in with a bigger trade and maybe he can somehow flourish with another team(is what I'd say to convince another GM).

The really sad part to Wiercioch is that it's OBVIOUS that he's talented offensively. You look at his game on some nights, or you look at some of the plays he makes, and you can't deny it. There is skill there.

But most of the time, you never see it. He's the biggest tease on the whole team, IMO.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

I should say I agree

Full marks to Jagr there, it's not like Weircioch just messed up and create a scoring chance for the opposition out of nowhere

But he's so god damn slow and so bad at reading the play it's completely mystifying as to why he's playing

He's terrible, just awful. I see no reason why he gets the nod over Phillips; yeah Phillips needs his nights off, that's fine, but at crunch time he should be good to go.

JBucephalus

Jan 8, 2013
And a lot of posters on this board are especially good at exploiting this weakness.

Attempt to argue back with objective reasoning and if they continue then you've done the best you could. I'm not accusing you of not doing that, just simply stating.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Attempt to argue back with objective reasoning and if they continue then you've done the best you could. I'm not accusing you of not doing that, just simply stating.

Nah, I've blocked the worst of them and don't bother arguing with those who are only here to spread negativity.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You don't typically get that call unless the stick actually makes contact with the puck or player.

It didn't affect Ryan, him losing the puck in his skates did him in there.

The rule is throwing equipment at the puck or the player, so I suppose he missed by enough that no penalty was warranted. I suppose had Ryan got the shot off they may have called it, contact with the puck or not.

In the end, I'm more annoyed by the non-call on the cross check to MacArthur which seemed like a no brainer to make, but neither was likely to change the outcome. Perhaps I've just lost what little faith I had in NHL officiating, and become so jaded that all I see is the negatives.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I jumped out of my seat at the end there, I was sure Ryan was scoring there.

Not watching the Devils again, what a ****ing boring sack of old farts jesus

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
The really sad part to Wiercioch is that it's OBVIOUS that he's talented offensively. You look at his game on some nights, or you look at some of the plays he makes, and you can't deny it. There is skill there.

But most of the time, you never see it. He's the biggest tease on the whole team, IMO.

I still remember that pre season when he was paired with Cowen. His passing wass incredible. Even in the shortened season he displayed a great passing skill set on the PP.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Nah, I've blocked the worst of them and don't bother arguing with those who are only here to spread negativity.

You and I may occasionally disagree on things (and we agree on a lot of things, I'm just saying), but god damn if this isn't the most on-point piece of advice anyone could give around these parts.

JBucephalus

Jan 8, 2013

I must say that I believe(maybe naively) that a lot of those emotional comments are just people venting their frustrations.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The rule is throwing equipment at the puck or the player, so I suppose he missed by enough that no penalty was warranted. I suppose had Ryan got the shot off they may have called it, contact with the puck or not.

In the end, I'm more annoyed by the non-call on the cross check to MacArthur which seemed like a no brainer to make, but neither was likely to change the outcome. Perhaps I've just lost what little faith I had in NHL officiating, and become so jaded that all I see is the negatives.

That crosscheck was as obvious as it gets too. You'd think they would call that after calling things like that invisible hook from Turris in the 2nd.

Reffing wasn't what did us in but it's little things like that that eat at you over the course of a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad