Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Zack Stortini - 2 Way Contract, 2 years

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
Not sure why anyone is really upset about this move. Ottawa fans shouldn't be concerned as he most likely won't sniff the NHL. I live in Bingo and work for the baby sens and I'm hearing just as much excitement about this as negativity. Some are just upset that he beats up the hometown favorite every time he comes to town. One of the guys you love to have on your team, but hate when he's on the other bench.

Bottom line, neither Stortini nor Kramer can really skate, and neither will play in the NHL anytime soon. Bingo will have a lot of grit this year and nobody will feel unsafe down there. If nothing else, at least Stortini had 25 points last year, three more points than Kramer has totaled in his 3 AHL seasons combined.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Not sure why anyone is really upset about this move. Ottawa fans shouldn't be concerned as he most likely won't sniff the NHL. I live in Bingo and work for the baby sens and I'm hearing just as much excitement about this as negativity. Some are just upset that he beats up the hometown favorite every time he comes to town. One of the guys you love to have on your team, but hate when he's on the other bench.

Bottom line, neither Stortini nor Kramer can really skate, and neither will play in the NHL anytime soon. Bingo will have a lot of grit this year and nobody will feel unsafe down there. If nothing else, at least Stortini had 25 points last year, three more points than Kramer has totaled in his 3 AHL seasons combined.

Good point.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

Kramer and Stortini would probably of scored the same amount this year if Stortini was not on the pp consistently...or did Kramer play pp too?. Its not a big deal though.

He also was known as a human punching bag because Rick Rypein would beat him up a lot

I dont think one or the other make or breaks the team and Stortini can maybe offer some insight to some guys like Bert did

Doesnt appear Kramer played pp

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
Kramer and Stortini would probably of scored the same amount this year if Stortini was not on the pp consistently...or did Kramer play pp too?. Its not a big deal though.

He also was known as a human punching bag because Rick Rypein would beat him up a lot

I dont think one or the other make or breaks the team and Stortini can maybe offer some insight to some guys like Bert did

Right, I don't think the scoring matters at all as they have very specific roles. But I agree, at the very least Stortini is a veteran who may be able to help some younger guys learn the ropes, like Vincent Dunn or Travis Ewanyk.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
This guy is a horrible hockey player and an ass hat in real life. He's not well liked in his hometown for many varoius reasons.

Cocky rich kid with a bad attitude, no idea why we signed him.

Ttracer*

This guy is a horrible hockey player and an ass hat in real life. He's not well liked in his hometown for many varoius reasons.

Cocky rich kid with a bad attitude, no idea why we signed him.

99% of hockey players are cocky rich kids with bad attitudes. There's a reason nhl players go through mandatory media training, so their interviews are as boring and forgettable as possible.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
99% of hockey players are cocky rich kids with bad attitudes. There's a reason nhl players go through mandatory media training, so their interviews are as boring and forgettable as possible.

Any data to back that up?:sarcasm:

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
Those earlier clips showed that he did pretty well against Sdao and Kramer so he's not just a punching bag. This is on Lee I'm sure he knows he could have kept Kramer yet made the choice so I'd like to believe he knows more than we do.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Graf custom hockey skates, 700$
Reebok Crosby signature stick, 300$
Reebok 2k helmet, 150$

This sport doesn't cater to backwoods barefoot soccer players

being wealthy makes you cocky?

Buying expensive things make you wealthy?

:P

I found that some of my friend who grew up in lower middle class circumstances actually were bigger spenders then the ones that were better off.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Graf custom hockey skates, 700$
Reebok Crosby signature stick, 300$
Reebok 2k helmet, 150$

This sport doesn't cater to backwoods barefoot soccer players
There are ways to find equipment
Cheep. My skates were marked down from 550 to 100 just because they were the previous year and my size was the only one they had left (mind you it was near the end of the season too so they were at risk of being two years old).

Wasn't Ryan's mom a single mother working for a rink so she could get cheap ice time?

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
He's a guy who played a few years in the NHL, can scrap and agitate, and he's a character. Paul Bissonnette is a garbage hockey player too relative to the skills displayed at the pro level, but the Kings added him to their AHL team and it didn't hurt them. I don't see why adding Stortini would be much different. If Bingo fans hated him so much, he must have done his job right. Complaining about this move is odd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad