Confirmed with Link: Sens sign prospect Ben Harpur

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=737820

The Ottawa Senators (@Senators) announced today that the club has signed defenceman Ben Harpur to a three-year entry-level contract.

Harpur, 19, is in the midst of his fourth season of major junior hockey with the Ontario Hockey League’s Guelph Storm. In seven games this season, he has registered seven points (two goals, five assists) and 10 penalty minutes. His +5 plus/minus rating sees him tied for the team lead, while he also leads team defencemen in goals and ranks second in assists and points.

Ben Harpur @bharpur07
Honoured to sign my first NHL contract with @Senators. Thanks to my family, friends, teammates and all who have supported me along the way!

Bring it Ben.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
is he healthy and back now?

edit: guess not

next up, nick paul?

Last edited:

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Good seeing the draftpicks get their ELC's, hate when our picks dont turn into anything. Our organization needs it

Bob Kudelski

Mar 8, 2006
Ottawa, ON
He's got the frame and the skating ability to be a top-4 NHL defenseman. It may take another 5 years, but I won't be surprised when he makes it.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Good seeing the draftpicks get their ELC's, hate when our picks dont turn into anything. Our organization needs it

Who hasn't gotten them recently? Sandin, Aneloski, Sorenson, Costello, Fransoo and Brassard and soon to be Boyle? Costello doesn't even count as he was traded.

That's the only seven I can think of since 2007.

Not Counting Maidens, and can't remember Bashkirov either way, but I'm thinking he bolted

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Who hasn't gotten them recently? Sandin, Aneloski, Sorenson, Costello, Fransoo and Brassard and soon to be Boyle? Costello doesn't even count as he was traded.

That's the only seven I can think of since 2007.

Not Counting Maidens, and can't remember Bashkirov either way, but I'm thinking he bolted

Pretty much, just like how our org retains these guys right now. And look at the guys coming up, Hoffman for a 5th, Borowicki a 5th, Stone was a 6th.

Our next guys coming up, Wideman a 4th, Claesson a 5th, Pageau a 4th.

This is what winning organizations do, (while we arent Detroit ) we are converting on our picks and our org is using them till they are overripe.

Now if only we could grab a UFA or two, we could be legitimate

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Pretty much, just like how our org retains these guys right now. And look at the guys coming up, Hoffman for a 5th, Borowicki a 5th, Stone was a 6th.

Our next guys coming up, Wideman a 4th, Claesson a 5th, Pageau a 4th.

This is what winning organizations do, (while we arent Detroit ) we are converting on our picks and our org is using them till they are overripe.

Now if only we could grab a UFA or two, we could be legitimate

I can't stand this. Detroit is still living off their Dats and Zetterberg picks.

The last guy who has made an impact in the NHL drafted outside the 4th round by Detroit was Darren Helm in 2005. Aside from him, it's only Mrazek in 10' since 05 to do anything.

In that same span, Ottawa has drafted Greening, Condra, Hoffman, Boro, Stone.

That's not counting guys like Claesson, who will certainly be playing NHL games in the near future.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Good to get another player signed in our strong 2013 draft

Last edited:

BigBush*

I can't stand this. Detroit is still living off their Dats and Zetterberg picks.

The last guy who has made an impact in the NHL drafted outside the 4th round by Detroit was Darren Helm in 2005. Aside from him, it's only Mrazek in 10' since 05 to do anything.

In that same span, Ottawa has drafted Greening, Condra, Hoffman, Boro, Stone.

That's not counting guys like Claesson, who will certainly be playing NHL games in the near future.

they drafted what looks to be a 30 goal scorer in Nyquist in 2008 as a late 4th rounder.

Ottawa's drafting has been in the top of league as well

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
they drafted what looks to be a 30 goal scorer in Nyquist in 2008 as a late 4th rounder.

Ottawa's drafting has been in the top of league as well

Yes, yes it has. The other night all 6 D playing were drafted by sens.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I think Ottawa's drafting is overrated by the fact that we're a cheap team. A lot of the guys on our squad wouldn't get a sniff on other teams.

BigBush*

I think Ottawa's drafting is overrated by the fact that we're a cheap team. A lot of the guys on our squad wouldn't get a sniff on other teams.

I too would like you to elaborate, as well as mention who you are talking about

DoughtyFace

May 9, 2012
Ottawa
This would be Ben Harpur:

Ottawa%2067s%20vs.%20Guelph%20%286%20of%2028%29-M.jpg

6'5, 210 and only 19. Pretty solid prospect, recent knee injury may keep him out of the OHL Subway Series vs. Russia. He's been selected to the team Canada Jr's camp as well.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Harpur's first game after signing and back from injury - 1:11 loss to London. He was -2.
Shots 45-34 lol.

Weird day. Erie lost in regulation and McDavid had 0 points first time this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad