Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Claesson

WhiteLight*

He's committed. Easily could have back to Europe. Good for him.

Doubt he gets picked up on waivers. Hopefully he straightens out his game in Bingo

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Garrioch tweeted that we signed Freddy Claesson to a new two way deal. Scanlan claiming only one year deal.

https://twitter.com/sungarrioch

That's awesome news! Really happy we get to keep him. He won't get a chance to

play though with Methot, Wiercioch, Cowen, Philips and Boro all on his side but

hopefully he can come in and play some games next season. He's a solid player,

could easily play 3rd pair as of today.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
85K to play in the AHL, nice. He is better than Phillips, Gryba and Boro. Not just saying that cuz hes a swede.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
85K to play in the AHL, nice. He is better than Phillips, Gryba and Boro. Not just saying that cuz hes a swede.

Totally disagree but nonetheless he's a player I really wanted us to keep around. He could be a 3rd pairing defensemen as of today but unfortunately we have 5 defensemen on the left side currently. Hopefully we deal one of Wiercioch or Cowen and then Claesson can fill in in case of an injury.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

It is extremely hard to say he is better then they are. He has no experience... As much criticism as Gryba and Boro get... They are proven NHLers and have put in many impressive performances... And Boro played in Bingo with Claeason and was superior head to head.

Hopefully Claesson is a solid call up when we need him and he proves he can play in the NHL. That is all this signing is for... Plus keeping and experienced Younger AHLer in Bingo and the organization.

Doubt he is expected to play much more then on an emergency basis for Ottawa this year.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Ahl players make solid money too. 85k for playing a sport you love in the minors, and have a shot at the nhl. If it doesn't work out, make much more in Europe/KHL.

Not bad.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
It was nice he chose to stay. Some people were speculatung he might want to go back to europe

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

He likely isnt better then Boro. Boro was an AHL all star at the same age. That was the year bingo finished last in the East too.
Boro had 22 when bingo sucked Claessan had 19 when bingo sucked

Last edited:

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
There are some good AHL players who never make the jump.

I don't think we should use Borowiecki as a measuring stick for anyone.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Man, I'm really hoping him and Wideman (if he signs) get some games with the big club. Just to see what they got.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
How can you even suggest this without the guy having an NHL resume?

I agree. Its an optimistic view lol. Its not as if he projects to be more then what Gryba or Boro are though. At best i could see him being marginally better but i would be surprised

Jonathan81

Sep 12, 2011
I agree. Its an optimistic view lol. Its not as if he projects to be more then what Gryba or Boro are though. At best i could see him being marginally better but i would be surprised

Well he did looks shaky at best during the pre season games last year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad