Confirmed with Link: Sens recall Derek Grant.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Congrats to him. Can't be much worse than what we saw from Da Costa.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
That's a weird way of writing Zibanejad. FFFFFFFFFFFFF!

10028623895_4b424b556e_b.jpg

Strange but.... Mika took his NHL spot for granted so the Sens are taking Grant for Mika.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Seems odd they would do it before a Bingo game. Does a morning skate really help?

The game is at two tomorrow so I doubt there is a morning skate. I'm not positive on this but the CBA has a clause on hours between games. I think players need atleast 23 hours between games

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Best part? He can win draws :naughty:
(or so I've heard)

But JGP should consider himself threatened by this news. Time to step it up, kid!

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
He's put up a lot of short-handed goals too, so maybe Condra's scoring phobia gets smoothed over a little. In a perfect world anyway.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Can't be worse then kassian.

Basically.

If Kassian plays against the Oilers I'm gonna be pissed off.

The guy is good for fighting and nothing else.

Grant moves around well for a guy with his reach and he seems to think the game well from a defensive standpoint, something that certainly could help the Sens right now.

John Holmes*

So I guess that means Murray was telling 'untruths' when he said JOB was the extra forward.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I have to admit that I don't know much about him besides what I read here. If he is good on faceoffs and can kill penalties then I'm behind this 100%. Is he also known for being disciplined? We can use someone in our bottom 6 who can play a period or more without ending up in the box.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Happy for him, but still would rather Zibanejad.

Zibanejad > Grant. Obviously but I think Grant suits the team's needs at the moment. I like this move and I was calling for it a couple days ago. Nice to see guys get an opportunity in roles they're made for. He should be killing lots of penalties and giving us a bit more skill in the bottom six...

The big question now is who comes out? I love JGP but I won't be surprised if its him tomorrow with the man crush Mac has for Kassian and Grants abilities as a center. I sound like a broken record here but I'd sit Greening. He played better after he had his ass in the press box last year. Grant-Pageau-Condra should be able to be a decent bottom six line to take defensive zone draws.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad