Confirmed with Link: Sens recall Derek Grant.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Cool...we could definitely use him for the PK. Would like to see Spezza getting more PP time and less PK time.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Zibanejad is better than Grant, but at this point in his career:

1st/2nd line mins in Bingo >> 4th line mins in Ottawa

... when we need to recall a guy to play 3rd line (or higher) minutes, I'm sure Zibby will get the call then, but right now, Grant is the best guy to come and play specialty minutes (4th line defensive minutes & maybe some PK) for us.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
You guys need to stop complaining about Zibanejad. Do we want a good third line centre, or do we want a top line player?

Zibanejad isn't going to make the current Senators a lot better while there is a VERY good chance his time in the AHL could make him a better player.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Seems odd they would do it before a Bingo game. Does a morning skate really help?

We have Da Costa back so it makes sense. B-Sens are heavy on centerman and Prince has been the odd man out lately..

Good on Grant, he'll make an impression as his game is just about ripe for the NHL to grab on to..

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
You guys need to stop complaining about Zibanejad. Do we want a good third line centre, or do we want a top line player?

Zibanejad isn't going to make the current Senators a lot better while there is a VERY good chance his time in the AHL could make him a better player.

Perfectly stated. Let Zib get top offensive time in the A while others come up to fill out our bottom six.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY

His game is like night and day compared to last season for Bingo..

jasonjim

Nov 1, 2006
OTTAWA
Best part? He can win draws :naughty:
(or so I've heard)

But JGP should consider himself threatened by this news. Time to step it up, kid!

Michalek and Spezza don't have much magic anymore. Perhaps moving Michalek back to the third line would strengthen the bottom 6. Bring Ziban back from Bingo and play him on LW with Spezza. This will give him the ice time he needs to develop. Bring Stone up and put him on RW with Spezza I/L of Conacher. This line is big and should be able to score. Send Pageau back to Bingo. Conacher to third line. Third line will be Michalek, Martin, and Conacher. Sit Kassian. I'm not saying the above is perfect but at least it shakes up a team which doesn't seem to be working very well these days.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Michalek and Spezza don't have much magic anymore. Perhaps moving Michalek back to the third line would strengthen the bottom 6. Bring Ziban back from Bingo and play him on LW with Spezza. This will give him the ice time he needs to develop. Bring Stone up and put him on RW with Spezza I/L of Conacher. This line is big and should be able to score. Send Pageau back to Bingo. Conacher to third line. Third line will be Michalek, Martin, and Conacher. Sit Kassian. I'm not saying the above is perfect but at least it shakes up a team which doesn't seem to be working very well these days.

Who?

And Stone is hurt IIRC.

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa

Spezza and Mick need a winger who comes back fast, picks up the puck and brings it back to the slow dinosaurs... conacher fits the bill, but Alfie was the best at this. Spezza and Mick in our own zones are just MEH

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Is he good on the dot?
Yes - and left handed ... we need another lefty for defensive zone draws ... Z, JOB, SDC, Spezza, Turris and JGP are all righties.
Cool...we could definitely use him for the PK. Would like to see Spezza getting more PP time and less PK time.
Which is good...
Zibanejad is better than Grant, but at this point in his career:

1st/2nd line mins in Bingo >> 4th line mins in Ottawa
Agreed

QFT

The Fuhr*

Has become the teams best PK forward... Elite defensive ability

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad