Pre-Game Talk: SENS @ PENS, Saturday night, 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
They play Saturday then next thursday.
Well, if it's an L tonight, it's a perfect time to bring a new guy in. You've got a couple of days to practice.

If it's an L tonight and DJ isn't canned tomorrow, then you'd have to think him getting canned isn't imminent

Reactions: Alex1234

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Remember to think about the cap before making anxiety riddled posts like this. Obviously they are waiting for today to. Official make their callups.
Unless someone goes on LTIR they have no ability to call anyone up do they? Joseph played some D the other night.

Reactions: Alex1234

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Yes, apologies, I've corrected it...

Here is what EF points out...

"Elliotte Friedman often mentions the Nov. 1 benchmark: Teams four points (or more) out of the playoffs at that point rarely overcome the deficit. Since 2005-06, 46 of 52 teams (88 per cent) that far out on Nov. 1 ended up missing the playoffs."

I quote this not from Marek today but from a more detailed sportsnet article that expands on his premise... "NHL Team Playoff Hopes Start to Die November"
The statistic might be accurate but the interpretation is not correct

There are 32 teams. 16 make the playoffs. How many of the 32 teams have legitimate playoff aspirations? Of the 46 teams 4 points out on November 1 that didn't make it, how many expected to make it?

No one expects you to make the playoffs, from pundits through to fans and ownership. You're 5 points out November 1st. You are where you were expected to be.

"Elliotte Friedman often mentions the Nov. 1 benchmark: Teams four points (or more) out of the playoffs at that point rarely overcome the deficit. Since 2005-06, 46 of 52 teams (88 per cent) that far out on Nov. 1 ended up missing the playoffs."

I quote this not from Marek today but from a more detailed sportsnet article that expands on his premise... "NHL Team Playoff Hopes Start to Die November"

There are 32 teams. 16 make the playoffs. How many of the 32 teams have legitimate playoff aspirations? Of the 46 teams 4 points out on November 1 that didn't make it, how many expected to make it?

No one expects you to make the playoffs, from pundits through to fans and ownership. You're 5 points out November 1st. You are where you were expected to be.

Seems HF liked my post so much, it posted it 3 times for emphasis 😁

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Unless someone goes on LTIR they have no ability to call anyone up do they? Joseph played some D the other night.
Kleven and Matinpalo have already been called up. It's on Sens Reddit (and twitter) as of 1 hour ago.

Not sure why hfboards doesn't know this yet?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Kleven and Matinpalo have already been called up. It's on Sens Reddit (and twitter) as of 1 hour ago.

Not sure why hfboards doesn't know this yet?

Maybe you should have updated the board? I don't go on reddit. Good to hear I wonder how Ottawa made the cap space? Maybe Chabot on LTIR?

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Maybe you should have updated the board? I don't go on reddit. Good to hear I wonder how Ottawa made the cap space? Maybe Chabot on LTIR?
I stand corrected, it was put on hfboards 20 minutes ago in the Chabot thread. Yes, Chabot is on LTIR.

Edit: strange, the tweet referenced in the Chabot thread seems to have disappeared. It did mention Chabot is on LTIR before it disappeared.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
If they lose tonight - just can’t see how you sell this to the fans. Like what do you say at this point if they can’t beat mediocre teams?
According to some here, Karlsson is the second coming of Jesus personified, so they could always just fall back on that.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Thank god we have an excuse against this season
Was starting to worry with only Zub injured and Pinto issue
But now the 7th season without PO can take place

• Haha
Reactions: L'Aveuglette

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
I know he's been sitting but really id like to see Smejkal in for Chartier. Move Jesus to 4th line center.
Shuffling the chairs on the titanic certainly but now that we have cap space, we can give some players some looks

Reactions: KingAlfie11

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Chabot was put on LTIR yesterday.

True.

I made my post after I saw a post from Bert that said "unless there's a LTIR" with the idea that our roster/defender problem could be solved via an emergency call up. JBD was an emergency call up I think (Zub replacement).

Just from the perspective of understanding the CBA or technicalities I suppose, could they still just consider this an emergency call up?

I guess it doesn't matter or it's a moot point as LTIR creates the opportunity to add a player(s).

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I know he's been sitting but really id like to see Smejkal in for Chartier. Move Jesus to 4th line center.
Shuffling the chairs on the titanic certainly but now that we have cap space, we can give some players some looks

I really want to see Smejkal in too. Add a physical element to the bottom 6.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
Thank god we have an excuse against this season
Was starting to worry with only Zub injured and Pinto issue
But now the 7th season without PO can take place
Yes but it could be worst though, you could be a Sabres fan they've been without playoffs for 12 years!!! I'm sure some of you here were in kindergartner the last time the Sabres made the playoffs. :laugh:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Other than during a powerplay, lost.
He turned it on at the end of last game when he realized he better try and score or they’re going to lose another game. Wasn’t enough. Looks scared, small and weak out there.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Yes but it could be worst though, you could be a Sabres fan they've been without playoffs for 12 years!!! I'm sure some of you here were in kindergartner the last time the Sabres made the playoffs. :laugh:
There's a lot of ways to look at it. I would ask if it's some comfort to just be better than the worst? Is that our goal?

The idea that a rebuild takes 5 years before a team can expect to get into the playoffs is popular and has been around for a while. The Ottawa Senators I think were an example of this already. They entered the league in 1993 and made the playoffs in 1998 as an "expansion team" (not like a VGK/Kraken expansion). Think I have that timeline correct.

What is your timeline? Are you expecting them to make the playoffs this year? Next year?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Not sure I like moving Tarasenko off the Greig line.

Looks like DJ is trying to create 2 lines vs 3 and turn Greig's line into more of a defensive line.

Reactions: DrEasy

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Is this a must win?

Not sure I like moving Tarasenko off the Greig line.

Looks like DJ is trying to create 2 lines vs 3 and turn Greig's line into more of a defensive line.

When Brady and Stutzle play together, it's Stutzle constantly trying to deke out 3 players at once and Brady being content to cherry pick.
They will put up their points together but they do not play a good team game together.

Brady-Norris-Batherson was one of our best lines ever of course we never see it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad