Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Panthers Nov. 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Personally, I find Colin Greening drawing IN to the lineup to be far more suspicious then him drawing out of it.

Not after last nights game; and look at the line combinations that Garrioch confirmed in the morning.

Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch · 10h 10 hours ago
MacArthur-Turris-Chiasson; Hoffman-Smith-Ryan; Condra-Legwand-Neil; Greening-Lazar-Stone. Looks like Zibanejad and Michalek remain out.

I doubt Maclean said that Greenings practice was so poor he won't play, it seems like the decision was from Murray for precautionary reasons

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Maybe he tweaked something in practice? :dunno:

My post was more a general feeling towards Greening, and less a statement about the previous game or practice line combos.

Fair enough, im going to keep a close eye on Twitter after Oilers post game, news could develop quickly

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Personally, I find Colin Greening drawing IN to the lineup to be far more suspicious then him drawing out of it.

Yep, keeping Greening in would have been strange as he really did nothing last game to deserve it. At least not in the place of a regular.

Sarcasticus

Mar 25, 2010
Ottawa
If Zibby and Greening are out, here's the lines I'd like to see

Mac - Turris - Chiasson
Hoff - Legwand - Ryan
Condra - Smith - Neil
Michalek - Lazar - Stone

But who knows? All I know is, GO SENS GO!!!

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
well looks like zibby is getting the cowen treatment...hopefully it works as well

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
And I can understand why Coach wants to get Michalek back in the lineup before a young player, shows that he respects a veteran player like Michalek but the writing is on the wall for him and his ability to stay in the lineup. First healthy scratch in his career.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
And I can understand why Coach wants to get Michalek back in the lineup before a young player, shows that he respects a veteran player like Michalek but the writing is on the wall for him and his ability to stay in the lineup. First healthy scratch in his career.

It was plain to see last year that Michalek isn't very good anymore, but they just re-signed him to a 3 year, $16 million contract. They'll probably keep running him out there until at least the halfway point of the contract.

In any case, the fact that he's sitting means MacLean is at least somewhat willing to sit some players if they're not being useful on the ice.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Glad to see Condra stick around after last game, also don't mind Milan coming in for Greening as both have been less than impressive this season so i don't mind them swapping in and out for eachother for the time being.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I was split between equally not liking Greening and Michalek but now i definitely prefer Michalek

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Condra was showing everything he could last game to keep a roster spot.

Greening was invisible... mentally finished?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
WHERE IS METHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, what is going on?

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
The healthy scratch should've come when he really struggled, not when he just started to play better. Makes no sense.

better late then never if it produces the same results

i agree it doesnt make the most sense but it could be that with cowen we had decent replacements (as per management) waiting on the bench where as with zibby (we had no one decent waiting) but we eventually decided to bite the bullet. only reasoning i can think of tbh

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Greening was fine last game. He was physical, which he needs to be. He simply is not at talented as someone like Michalek.

In my opinion Michalek needs to come back into the lineup now to see if his first ever healthy scratch lit a fire under him. Notice has been served though, and he may get more pressbox time down the road.

The thing I'm looking forward to most is seeing if Hoffman and Ryan can keep building the chemistry they showed last game.. If they do, that pair will be fun to watch.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Greening was fine last game. He was physical, which he needs to be. He simply is not at talented as someone like Michalek.

In my opinion Michalek needs to come back into the lineup now to see if his first ever healthy scratch lit a fire under him. Notice has been served though, and he may get more pressbox time down the road.

The thing I'm looking forward to most is seeing if Hoffman and Ryan can keep building the chemistry they showed last game.. If they do, that pair will be fun to watch.

I cant believe MacLean had the balls do scratch a veteran. Maybe he's coming around to the truth..? Hopefully Phillips follows suit if he has bad game.

Also, I agree, if Hoffman and Ryan continue to click, that would be tremendous for this team considering we didn't get much production from 2nd line. And it will alleviate hugee pressure off Mac and Turris who should continue to take advantage of teams trying to pair their best pairing against either them or Ryan duo.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
WHERE IS METHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, what is going on?

Looked in good spirits after the STL game, allthough he appeared to injure himself receiving fistbumps from the boys after OT on the way into the room:sarcasm:

BigBush*

Looked in good spirits after the STL game, allthough he appeared to injure himself receiving fistbumps from the boys after OT on the way into the room:sarcasm:

i thought i heard on tsn1200 he appeared to be in a lot of pain, anyone else hear that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad