Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Panthers Nov. 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
better late then never if it produces the same results

i agree it doesnt make the most sense but it could be that with cowen we had decent replacements (as per management) waiting on the bench where as with zibby (we had no one decent waiting) but we eventually decided to bite the bullet. only reasoning i can think of tbh

Yeah. He sure could use some pure conditioning and skating exercises, he has looked slow and as aggressive as Mahatma Ghandi on dope.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It was plain to see last year that Michalek isn't very good anymore, but they just re-signed him to a 3 year, $16 million contract. They'll probably keep running him out there until at least the halfway point of the contract.

In any case, the fact that he's sitting means MacLean is at least somewhat willing to sit some players if they're not being useful on the ice.

I agree with you. I was very surprised when the Senators signed Michalek after what we saw last year. I was disappointed in the salary he was given.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Greening was fine last game. He was physical, which he needs to be. He simply is not at talented as someone like Michalek.

In my opinion Michalek needs to come back into the lineup now to see if his first ever healthy scratch lit a fire under him. Notice has been served though, and he may get more pressbox time down the road.

The thing I'm looking forward to most is seeing if Hoffman and Ryan can keep building the chemistry they showed last game.. If they do, that pair will be fun to watch.

I think if they were trying to send a message to Michalek, it would be sitting for much longer than 1 game. Five or so might sink in better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad