Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Panthers Mar. 25 (7:30 p.m. Eastern) $1000 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 17, 2014
We are already in a rebuild.

No. If you rebuild, you don't throw away two potentially great Young players and a first rounder, for a sniper who has never clicked with any linemates and who plays with as much passion as a dead seagull.

We are not in rebuild mode, we are in Pejorative Slur mode.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
You guys looked pretty bad tonight against us, is the plan to blow it up after this season and rebuild or...?

I don't know what you mean?

B. Murray thinks our defensive core should not be tinkered with.

MacLean said he was happy with the effort tonight.

So, uh, yeah, we're perfectly fine my man. Perfectly fine.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Hemsky played like butt tonight.

Yeah, it's kinda scary. Sneaking in and checking out some older Edmonton threads, it does seem like he's another guy who gets 'comfortable' and disappears for long stretches.

He's looked good for half a dozen games for us, but I don't know if he's a good deal for multiple seasons. We already have so many soft disappearing acts on this team. I have weird vibes about this one.

muskratBear

Apr 9, 2012
Winnipeg
No. If you rebuild, you don't throw away two potentially great Young players and a first rounder, for a sniper who has never clicked with any linemates and who plays with as much passion as a dead seagull.

I don't post much, but I had to login and give you props for pretty much being spot on (aside for perhaps comparing Ryan's passion level to a dead seagull haha).

The entire organization seems to have no clear direction. Looks like Melnyk's resources are still tied up in the Cooke "forensics investigation", Murray somehow believes that the Defense core is not an issue, and McLean's behind the bench decisions have been questionable at best.

Are we re-building? Are we trying to contend? It looks like no one in the organization really knows - and that is scary.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Come in peace.

Just wanted to say good game last night between 2 teams not in it.

More important, your fans are the most respectful fans of the Canadian teams that come visit ... not just my opinion as a close to 20 yr sth, but widely believed. so thx!!!!

We have new extremely wealthy ownership, that approved the Luongo trade and we are hopeful that our bright kids are supplemented with experienced vets to surround LU for a successful team going forward. We sell out when we have success. but few fans would put up with the crap we have the last decade.

Anyway cheers and see you when you visit next time!

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Yo, Im watchin da game with a friend of mine and he told me why Ottawa isn't in the playoffs.

I told him wait for it.... waittttttt for itttt.

Then Michalek comes on.

WHY THE **** DID MICHALEK COME ON?

Seriously. Someone answer me this.

I wanna know what the **** was going through MacLean or whoever else who controls the shooters' mind.

ANONYMOUS: Hmmmmm... yes....ok... let's see here... Turris? Yea why not, he's been pretty good.
Spezza? Hmm yes he scored last night and can deke why not.
Now..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... who else do we have that is either good on breakaways or is one of the best stickhandlers in the league?
MacArth..
Hmmm
hemsk...
hmmm,
MICHALEK!

GO MICHALEK!1/6 and only 13 goals but....... GOOOOOO MICHALEKKKKK!

You know MacArthur is absolutely terrible at shootouts right? He's 0 for this year and his record on the Leafs was bad too.

Hemsky was the only other person who could shoot ahead of Michalek and even then, he was ******** awful last night. At least Milan had a few really good chances on Luongo that he had to make some great saves on.

I can't believe how stupid it is that all of you are focusing on Milan shooting third? Lehner couldn't stop a Timbit coming in on breakaway, Spezza fired it into the third deck of that empty arena but the third shooter is a big ****** deal?!?

Even if Milan scored, do any of you think Lehner was stopping the 3rd shooter from Florida?

You guys are having ******* aneurysms over a ******* shootout with 10 games left in the season?! Amazing...

Me, I'm happy that it took a vintage Luongo performance to turn that game into a laugher early. I'm also happy that Lehner continues to round into form and Mark Stone got another goal. I'm happy that Cowen and Gryba are somehow really good during a 4 on 3 penalty kill.

At this point, stop losing your **** over wins and losses. The season is DONE. Phillips is out, Ryan is out, Anderson isn't playing....all your whipping boys aren't on the ice. If watching this team makes you so miserable, find something else to watch. Plenty of great stuff on HBO these days.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
You know MacArthur is absolutely terrible at shootouts right? He's 0 for this year and his record on the Leafs was bad too.

Hemsky was the only other person who could shoot ahead of Michalek and even then, he was ******** awful last night. At least Milan had a few really good chances on Luongo that he had to make some great saves on.

I can't believe how stupid it is that all of you are focusing on Milan shooting third? Lehner couldn't stop a Timbit coming in on breakaway, Spezza fired it into the third deck of that empty arena but the third shooter is a big ****** deal?!?

Even if Milan scored, do any of you think Lehner was stopping the 3rd shooter from Florida?

You guys are having ******* aneurysms over a ******* shootout with 10 games left in the season?! Amazing...

Me, I'm happy that it took a vintage Luongo performance to turn that game into a laugher early. I'm also happy that Lehner continues to round into form and Mark Stone got another goal. I'm happy that Cowen and Gryba are somehow really good during a 4 on 3 penalty kill.

At this point, stop losing your **** over wins and losses. The season is DONE. Phillips is out, Ryan is out, Anderson isn't playing....all your whipping boys aren't on the ice. If watching this team makes you so miserable, find something else to watch. Plenty of great stuff on HBO these days.

Lol, poor ChococalteLeclaire. I unno what's more funny, how serious you take my posts or how the point flies past your head like a rocket.

MacArthur has scored more breakaway goals for us this year than anyone else and he's our 2nd leading goal scorer. and he's only shot in the shootout this year twice, loool. In the past 3 years MacArthur has only shot 5 times "absolutely terrible in the shootout."

Michalek is 1/6 and only 13 goals this year yet someone gets the call over guys who are much more talented on the breakaway or who deserve the chance like:

Hoffman
Stone
Hemsky
MacArthur
Karlsson

My main point was, picking Michalek when he completely didn't deserve it shows the competence of our coaching staff that sums up their performance their entire year. It's not because we lost this game, shaking my damn head.

Btw, stop pulling stuff out of your ***. Ryan isn't my whipping boy, Phillips is everyone's whipping boy, and deservedly so, and Anderson has been good lately but hasn't been much better overall than Lehner.

The shots on Lehner in the shootout were real tough for anyone to stop. I'd be more concerned about his play in the actual game where he was terrible all-night bobbling the most simple of plays but you go ahead and blame him for the shootout, buddy boy.

hockeycoach

Jan 20, 2006
SenCity
Five words:

Milan Michalek in the shootout

:help:

ya ... wtheck... 1for6 going into last nights shootout
What is going thru the decision makers heads when they come up with the 3 shooters? Were they watching the same game I was?

Jesus Murphy ! <<< (he would have been a better choice)

Lets take a trip on Paulrus's thought train:
Let's see... McArthur... nope,
Zibby... Nope not good enough, and he talks funny.
Stone... nope, noobs can't shoot, and why would I reward him, he only got one goal....
Let's see Michalek, There we go, a winner, with great shootout experience and record.​

Unbelievable!

hockeycoach

Jan 20, 2006
SenCity

So by your way of thinking, the season is over and we shouldn't even be talking about it.
Yet here you are on the Sens POST GAME thread,
talking about it.

Take your own advice, go watch trees growing on the Smithsonian channel

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

I think great is the wrong word. Neither player was/and is, assumed to be great. How about two potentially good, NHLers.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
ya ... wtheck... 1for6 going into last nights shootout
What is going thru the decision makers heads when they come up with the 3 shooters? Were they watching the same game I was?

Jesus Murphy ! <<< (he would have been a better choice)

Lets take a trip on Paulrus's thought train:
Let's see... McArthur... nope,
Zibby... Nope not good enough, and he talks funny.
Stone... nope, noobs can't shoot, and why would I reward him, he only got one goal....
Let's see Michalek, There we go, a winner, with great shootout experience and record.​

Unbelievable!

Ahhhhh Zibby didn't play. If he did he would have shot.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I don't care about the shootout. Blowing a two goal in twenty seconds is my main concern. It's too late to fix this kind of malady, so hopefully a fresh start and some fresh faces leads to results next season.

Even after Stone made it 1-0, the next few shifts were all spent deep in the Sens zone. Heck, the Panthers missed a short-handed two on one seconds before MacArthur made it to 2-0. I understand there is always pushback, but this team just lays down when they have the lead.

I don't think I've hated a forward line as much as GSN. No situational awareness. No hands.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Lol, poor ChococalteLeclaire. I unno what's more funny, how serious you take my posts or how the point flies past your head like a rocket.

MacArthur has scored more breakaway goals for us this year than anyone else and he's our 2nd leading goal scorer. and he's only shot in the shootout this year twice, loool. In the past 3 years MacArthur has only shot 5 times "absolutely terrible in the shootout."

Michalek is 1/6 and only 13 goals this year yet someone gets the call over guys who are much more talented on the breakaway or who deserve the chance like:

Hoffman
Stone
Hemsky
MacArthur
Karlsson

My main point was, picking Michalek when he completely didn't deserve it shows the competence of our coaching staff that sums up their performance their entire year. It's not because we lost this game, shaking my damn head. MacArthur also hasn't scored a shootout goal as long as he's been playing in this division. Going back to 2007, in approximately 10 attempts, he has zero goals. Maybe that's why he's never called upon to take them.

Btw, stop pulling stuff out of your ***. Ryan isn't my whipping boy, Phillips is everyone's whipping boy, and deservedly so, and Anderson has been good lately but hasn't been much better overall than Lehner.

The shots on Lehner in the shootout were real tough for anyone to stop. I'd be more concerned about his play in the actual game where he was terrible all-night bobbling the most simple of plays but you go ahead and blame him for the shootout, buddy boy.

You know what, my apologies RGL. The first sentence was a response to your post, the rest was to everyone else going bezerk over the shootout. I was addressing everyone and not you directly. I should break up my posts.

But as for Michalek, he was having a good game. He had a lot of chances on Luongo so he was given the third spot because of his experience on the shootout over guys like MacArthur, Stone, Hoffman, etc. Two years ago, he was shooting at 40%. Yes, he's only had one this year but Coach also kept going back to Alfredsson all last year too and he, at one point, had missed 6 straight.

I'm just not getting why there is such a massive uproar over who the third shooter was. If the goalie makes some saves and the first two score, the third isn't a big deal. Those first two things didn't happen so they should ALL equally figure into the blame.

Last edited:

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
I would have liked to see Hoffman get a shot at the shootout. Anyone know what his record is in the AHL, I thought it was fairly good. With PM, I bet we'd see Neil take a shot before Hoffman.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
You know what, my apologies RGL. The first sentence was a response to your post, the rest was to everyone else going bezerk over the shootout. I was addressing everyone and not you directly. I should break up my posts.

But as for Michalek, he was having a good game. He had a lot of chances on Luongo so he was given the third spot because of his experience on the shootout over guys like MacArthur, Stone, Hoffman, etc. Two years ago, he was shooting at 40%. Yes, he's only had one this year but Coach also kept going back to Alfredsson all last year too and he, at one point, had missed 6 straight.

I'm just not getting why there is such a massive uproar over who the third shooter was. If the goalie makes some saves and the first two score, the third isn't a big deal. Those first two things didn't happen so they should ALL equally figure into the blame.
I don't really care at this point that we lost, but the choice of who participates in the SO at this point is actually very revealing. Given the choice between Michalek who is a known quantity by now and that might not even play for us next year, and guys like Hoffman and Stone who need to show us what they can do against NHL goalies in a low pressure situation, he went with Michalek.

Hoffman and Stone might be future fixtures of our roster, and if there was an ideal time to give them some experience in the shoot out, this was it. They may not have done any better better than Michalek, but now we have no way of knowing.

The fact that the coaching staff doesn't pay attention to these admittedly small details is worrisome. The devil is always in the detail.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Yeah whatever helps you sleep at night kid

Both teams played well

You slightly outplayed/evenly played us, when we had 3 players with a combined 10 NHL games and Scott Gomez and Ed Jovanovski playing heavy minutes. The fact that the Panthers weren't dominated means you didn't play very well. Thanks for the hostility though, I appreciate it.

I don't know...should we follow the Panthers 28 year Plan to create a contender? Congratulations on ruining Jonathan Huberdeau BTW.

You guys had to work REAL hard to make Sunrise, Florida an unattractive place to play hockey.

Again, I appreciate the hostility. I mean with the Ottawa Senators rich history of deep playoff runs and multiple Cups, how dare I, a lowly Panthers fan, even suggest your godly team looked bad. As for Huberdeau, I mean considering what you guys are doing to Lehner, I guess you would know how to ruin a player.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
You slightly outplayed/evenly played us, when we had 3 players with a combined 10 NHL games and Scott Gomez and Ed Jovanovski playing heavy minutes. The fact that the Panthers weren't dominated means you didn't play very well. Thanks for the hostility though, I appreciate it.

Again, I appreciate the hostility. I mean with the Ottawa Senators rich history of deep playoff runs and multiple Cups, how dare I, a lowly Panthers fan, even suggest your godly team looked bad. As for Huberdeau, I mean considering what you guys are doing to Lehner, I guess you would know how to ruin a player.

Why are you even here? Go back to your own forum.

In addition, your the kings of ruining players. Huberdeau, Markstrom. The list keeps on growing. Have fun ruining more players in the foreseeable future.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Why are you even here? Go back to your own forum.

In addition, your the kings of ruining players. Huberdeau, Markstrom. The list keeps on growing. Have fun ruining more players in the foreseeable future.

I was inquiring what the Sens were doing. I thought they were rebuilding, but trading a 1st for Ryan made me think they were trying to win now. Idk why everyone is so mad, all I said was that they looked bad by not outplaying an average AHL team in the Panthers...

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

I'm always appreciative when one of the Panthers 7 hardcore fans takes the time and tries to discuss hockey, no matter how out of his element he really is. It's one thing for fans of the Lightning with their actual success and ability to draw fans to come in and talk smack to us (which, oddly enough, they never do) but for someone with such a rich history of being the NHL's punching bag and the soon-to-be trivia answer of "what team was such a financial disaster that moving it to Quebec was 20 years too late?" is irksome.

No matter what you think about our history, the last time your team was even remotely relevant, the man running the show is the one running ours. Also, please don't tell us about "ruining players". When was the last time a significent player was produced in Florida? If you have an answer for that, then tell me the last time Florida was actually able to keep that player?

Last edited:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I was inquiring what the Sens were doing. I thought they were rebuilding, but trading a 1st for Ryan made me think they were trying to win now. Idk why everyone is so mad, all I said was that they looked bad by not outplaying an average AHL team in the Panthers...

Sadly we looked better than most nights. I just want the season to end and forget it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad