Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Panthers Mar. 25 (7:30 p.m. Eastern) $1000 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I was inquiring what the Sens were doing. I thought they were rebuilding, but trading a 1st for Ryan made me think they were trying to win now. Idk why everyone is so mad, all I said was that they looked bad by not outplaying an average AHL team in the Panthers...

Trading a 1st for ryan was just to help along the rebuild by adding another piece that the sens desperately needed. It was never an attempt to win now. Our gm never could have foreseen the whole team regressing this badly.

Last edited:

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
trading the 1st for pronger would be a 'win now' move like philly did

Ryan is like 26 years old

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
You know what, my apologies RGL. The first sentence was a response to your post, the rest was to everyone else going bezerk over the shootout. I was addressing everyone and not you directly. I should break up my posts.

But as for Michalek, he was having a good game. He had a lot of chances on Luongo so he was given the third spot because of his experience on the shootout over guys like MacArthur, Stone, Hoffman, etc. Two years ago, he was shooting at 40%. Yes, he's only had one this year but Coach also kept going back to Alfredsson all last year too and he, at one point, had missed 6 straight.

I'm just not getting why there is such a massive uproar over who the third shooter was. If the goalie makes some saves and the first two score, the third isn't a big deal. Those first two things didn't happen so they should ALL equally figure into the blame.

I think it's more that at this point... why put in a guy who career is only 28% on the shootout for the third shooter and generally having a poor year (though yes, a solid game tonight), when you have:
a) a new player on the team that's a career 35% and only Spezza has taken more attempts than him
b) new players on the team with little to no experience - but have the skills to maybe do something with it
c) a vet who had a solid game, has some breakaway skills and for whatever reason has never taken many shootout attempts though admittedly has been mostly snakebitten when trying.

Basically I think most of us just want to see things experimented with and done 'for fun', rather than just keep going back to the same well of vets that have mostly allowed this season to fall apart.

(Also, this is partly why I wish the shootout was best of 5, take away the luck element of the shootout and allow a few more guys out there to experiment with)

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
You know what, my apologies RGL. The first sentence was a response to your post, the rest was to everyone else going bezerk over the shootout. I was addressing everyone and not you directly. I should break up my posts.

But as for Michalek, he was having a good game. He had a lot of chances on Luongo so he was given the third spot because of his experience on the shootout over guys like MacArthur, Stone, Hoffman, etc. Two years ago, he was shooting at 40%. Yes, he's only had one this year but Coach also kept going back to Alfredsson all last year too and he, at one point, had missed 6 straight.

I'm just not getting why there is such a massive uproar over who the third shooter was. If the goalie makes some saves and the first two score, the third isn't a big deal. Those first two things didn't happen so they should ALL equally figure into the blame.

Don't worry about it, man. But I don't understand though how you can say with a straight face that Michalek deserved the chance.

Our most(all) shootout wins have been WITHOUT Michalek shooting.

Comparing Alfredsson to Michalek is day and night. Alfredsson hit the post a couple times, was robbed even more. Michalek just blatantly does the exact same move or always missed the net completely wide. He has no variety, same as the coaching staff.

DaCosta won us the game last time around, we have scorers like Stone and MacArthur who are better performers and Hoffman who is ridiculous puck handler with better variety than Michalek and had better games yet Michalek shoots. OLD BOYS CLUB.

I was inquiring what the Sens were doing. I thought they were rebuilding, but trading a 1st for Ryan made me think they were trying to win now. Idk why everyone is so mad, all I said was that they looked bad by not outplaying an average AHL team in the Panthers...

Hey, I understand what you were trying to do. It was a light joke that blew up, lol. Can you blame us though? We are out of the playoffs playing brutal hockey while we should be contending.

Frustration added up and was inexcusably released on you.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
No he said our team looked bad, whatever responses he got were warranted: the Senators played a good game outside of those 35 seconds late in the second

Claiming they played bad because they didn't win is stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad