Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Panthers 3/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Would really like for Huby to go on a tear to end the season just so he can top the 54 points last year.

Just feel like he has so much more then 54 in him.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
When Mitchell returns, I wonder if they'll shut down Kampfer (considering what Bats has reported about needing surgery). Otherwise once Purcell returns Rau should be sent down so then the roster will be pretty much complete.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
When Mitchell returns, I wonder if they'll shut down Kampfer (considering what Bats has reported about needing surgery). Otherwise once Purcell returns Rau should be sent down so then the roster will be pretty much complete.

I wonder who gets sent down when MacK gets activated? I'd think Rau, thus moving Shaw back to his appropriate spot on RW.

EDIT - Forgot Wilson's still up. I'd think he'd be the first to go back down.

DOUBLE EDIT - OK, I'm confused. Did anyone get sent down when Hubie got activated?

Last edited:

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Not sure which top6 ppl are referring to because the one we have has every position taken assuming that Jagr signs another contract in the next off-season.

Where did I say top 6? Jagr can't last forever anyways. Also, Bjugstad and Barkov both benefit from having a playmaking winger. Thus why Huberdeau is so important to this team.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I wonder who gets sent down when MacK gets activated? I'd think Rau, thus moving Shaw back to his appropriate spot on RW.

EDIT - Forgot Wilson's still up. I'd think he'd be the first to go back down.

DOUBLE EDIT - OK, I'm confused. Did anyone get sent down when Hubie got activated?

I think he has to clear waivers to go down and also isn't eligible for the AHL playoffs.

RogerBR

Feb 20, 2013
São Paulo
It all happens so fast on the ice. I think good for him sticking up for his teammates when he does.

Pretty hard on a young Dman with 99 career GP, eh?
'16 - 53 GP, 2 G, 10 A, 12 PTS, +5, 86 PIM

I blame him partially for the 3rd goal against last night (Luo definitely let a soft one in), but I find it hard to critisize his game last night much more than that.

If I do recall, it was his high hard slapper that caused the rebound on Hudler's game tying goal, which he did get an assist on.

hockeyfights.com has him with a fight card record this year of 1-5-2.
Remember, three of those came in the same game vs E. Kane, who is a better fighter than Petro. That was just silly.
hockeyfights.com have him at 0-3 in his fights in '13 & '15. So yea, not a good record for him in his NHL career (1-8-2).

Like E. Kane does.

When you fight to give your team some motivation and you loose the way, you motivate the oposite team even more... Has a responsability on stay there for your mates... I has to mean "don´t touch my mates or I will crush you", and dont, "hit my mates and also makes me a clown". That´s why I thinl coaches have to let very clear to all team who does that... Leave it for Gudd and Thornton.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Mitchell was by far our worst defensemen before going down. Really hoping it was injury that hampered his play, he is fully recovered, and can become a dependable shutdown d-man he was last year.

I am not holding my breath.

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
I know I'm in the minority, but I'm excited to have Mitchell back ASSUMING he can play at a good enough level defensively.

I am too! :nod: This is the time of the season a player like him could make a difference. Yeah, he might not be as good as he once was...but more good veteran leadership on the ice surly can't be a bad thing right now?

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Huberdeau for Hoffman could be possible.

Florida gets absolutely wrecked in that deal.

Tomorrow Florida needs to manhandle the Sens. Get back on track and win 4-1 or 5-0 with a complete 60 minutes of nonstop intensity. The same intensity that was brought when we beat the Hawks and Lightning back to back blowouts. That is what we need to see.

Out hit.
Out possess.
Out score.
Keep the chances/shots low.

Make a statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad