Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Panthers 3/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Obvious how much the team misses Mack. His energy and skill is sorely needed.

Time for the Panthers to look at themselves in the mirror and see what type of team they will be for the remainder of the season. Will they continue to play shoddy defense like they have the last few games or were these games just a slump that all teams have and they will return to the way they have played for the majority of the season?

The next two games will show what this team is made of. The Senators are never an easy win and the Flyers are hot.

I can't wait until Thursday night!!

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Just Wish Petrovic do not fight again. He is embarrassing us... Just let for the pros...

I don't want to see him ever touch the puck again. We need some upgrades on defense over the summer. Dale has to bolster it up a bit with Mitchell probably retiring and I prefer Campbell stays another year or two, whatever he wants.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
I just hope they come out ready to play, for once. Shouldn't take half the game to start getting your wheels.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Just Wish Petrovic do not fight again. He is embarrassing us... Just let for the pros...

It all happens so fast on the ice. I think good for him sticking up for his teammates when he does.

I don't want to see him ever touch the puck again. We need some upgrades on defense over the summer. Dale has to bolster it up a bit with Mitchell probably retiring and I prefer Campbell stays another year or two, whatever he wants.

Pretty hard on a young Dman with 99 career GP, eh?
'16 - 53 GP, 2 G, 10 A, 12 PTS, +5, 86 PIM

I blame him partially for the 3rd goal against last night (Luo definitely let a soft one in), but I find it hard to critisize his game last night much more than that.

If I do recall, it was his high hard slapper that caused the rebound on Hudler's game tying goal, which he did get an assist on.

I love that he wants to stand up for his team mates but he really should stop fighting, I think he is getting worse at it.

hockeyfights.com has him with a fight card record this year of 1-5-2.
Remember, three of those came in the same game vs E. Kane, who is a better fighter than Petro. That was just silly.
hockeyfights.com have him at 0-3 in his fights in '13 & '15. So yea, not a good record for him in his NHL career (1-8-2).

Or at least get tips/lessons from some fighters.

Like E. Kane does.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
It all happens so fast on the ice. I think good for him sticking up for his teammates when he does.

Pretty hard on a young Dman with 99 career GP, eh?
'16 - 53 GP, 2 G, 10 A, 12 PTS, +5, 86 PIM

I blame him partially for the 3rd goal against last night (Luo definitely let a soft one in), but I find it hard to critisize his game last night much more than that.

If I do recall, it was his high hard slapper that caused the rebound on Hudler's game tying goal, which he did get an assist on.

hockeyfights.com has him with a fight card record this year of 1-5-2.
Remember, three of those came in the same game vs E. Kane, who is a better fighter than Petro. That was just silly.
hockeyfights.com have him at 0-3 in his fights in '13 & '15. So yea, not a good record for him in his NHL career (1-8-2).

Like E. Kane does.

I have always been a fan and still am... alex has more skill than people give him credit for.. and he is mean as hell.. he just learned the hard way lately he cant beat everyone up

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
If Mackenzie is back, that's more than enough of a big boost. Actually having 4 centers, let alone your best faceoff man, best penalty killer, and leader in hits (!) is a huge boon to this team. Hope he is back tomorrow.

That said, it goes without saying the Sens are not doing well and are ripe for the picking, especially without Anderson (who we already managed to beat this year). Obviously I want everyone back healthy, but Mack's importance can't be overstated.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
It's ok guys. We play the Islanders soon.

Both wins against them propelled us to win streaks. 7, 12, now 17 incoming.

We are in some trouble if Halak is hurt or not playing against us, because Greiss is pretty much the best backup stats-wise in the NHL this year. He's #1 in Save % so far this year and while he's a backup, that's in 29 games played so he's fairly proven right now.

We've done very well against them, but they're doing better now and we can't sleep on them. Again, that said, our schedule is very favorable going forward. Need to take advantage to get a nice spot...of course with Detroit faltering in a precarious spot, it's going to be hard to not finish top 3 anyway.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
If Mackenzie is back, that's more than enough of a big boost. Actually having 4 centers, let alone your best faceoff man, best penalty killer, and leader in hits (!) is a huge boon to this team. Hope he is back tomorrow.

That said, it goes without saying the Sens are not doing well and are ripe for the picking, especially without Anderson (who we already managed to beat this year). Obviously I want everyone back healthy, but Mack's importance can't be overstated.
I just looked at our PK stats since MacK's been out: were 14/17=82%.

Not bad, but I agree, he is a vital part of our teams success.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
I just looked at our PK stats since MacK's been out: were 14/17=82%.

Not bad, but I agree, he is a vital part of our teams success.

I'm not sure exactly what the coinciding dates were, but getting Gudbranson back probably helped in that department, but I'm only guessing, not to mention Barkov's return and his awesome defensive skills.

Also on a side note, I kind of feel that Montoya should start this game (unless he's somehow awful against the Sens). It's not slight on Lu, Monty has just been the better goalie outside of the Arizona game and I think he deserves a little extra work for it, plus giving Luongo some time off. There's still a lot more to play this season and I'd rather he wasn't too worn out.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
We are in some trouble if Halak is hurt or not playing against us, because Greiss is pretty much the best backup stats-wise in the NHL this year. He's #1 in Save % so far this year and while he's a backup, that's in 29 games played so he's fairly proven right now.

We've done very well against them, but they're doing better now and we can't sleep on them. Again, that said, our schedule is very favorable going forward. Need to take advantage to get a nice spot...of course with Detroit faltering in a precarious spot, it's going to be hard to not finish top 3 anyway.

I have him on my HFBoardsB fantasy league, and I saw today Halak's listed as DTD. Islanders will report later today on his status.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I'm not sure exactly what the coinciding dates were, but getting Gudbranson back probably helped in that department, but I'm only guessing, not to mention Barkov's return and his awesome defensive skills.

Also on a side note, I kind of feel that Montoya should start this game (unless he's somehow awful against the Sens). It's not slight on Lu, Monty has just been the better goalie outside of the Arizona game and I think he deserves a little extra work for it, plus giving Luongo some time off. There's still a lot more to play this season and I'd rather he wasn't too worn out.

I agree. I'd go:

Al tomorrow vs Ottawa
Luo Saturday vs Philadelphia
Al Monday at NYI
Luo Tuesday at Montreal
Al Thursday at Toronto
Luo Saturday vs Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad