Sens on Sochi team Sweden?

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Do you guys think that all of our swedes will make it ?

Karlsson
Alfie
Silfverberg
Zibanejad
Lehner

Karlsson is a shoe-in, assuming his achilles is ok, if Alfie is active, I have to imagine he will be there too. The rest could be more uncertain.

Last edited:

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
Only Karlsson and Alfie from that list. Silf, Zibby and Lehner are still not established in the NHL.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
For the goalies, I can see Lehner making it based off his good year this year and a half decent season next year.

Lundqvist
Lehner

Alfie will definitely make it. I can see him with the Sedins based on interest on what they could do together. Saw a little glimpse of it during the allstar game.

As for Karlsson, he'll headline their defense. I'd love nothing more then to see a Kronwall - Karlsson pairing!

Silfverberg - Zibby will depend on their next 2 seasons (Including this one)

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I could see Silfverberg making it considering he's a superstar in Sweden, but if you look at NHL Swedish players they'll have a pretty sick team.

WhiteLight*

Sedin - Sedin - Landeskog
Frazen - Zetterberg - Erikssom
Hagelin - Backstrom - Alfredsson
Stalberg - Steen - Hornqvist
Berglund

Ekman-Larsson - Karlsson
Edler - Hedman
Enstrom - Kronwall
Hjalmarsson

Lundqvist
Fasth
Lehner

Silf and Zib are next in line though

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Alfie and Karlsson are 100% there if available. Silf maybe a 25% chance at current curve, Ziba and Lehner way lower.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Only Karlsson and Alfie from that list. Silf, Zibby and Lehner are still not established in the NHL.

I disagree. This is international hockey not the NHL. Very different. Silfverberg has a strong chance to be on the roster.

TheOriginalSilf*

Am I alone in hoping that Sweden wins gold?

*prepares for bombardment of rotten fruit*

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
If Canada goes down, Sweden is my #2. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same for a lot of other Sens fans.

Same.

If Sweden is playing Canada, there is no way I can bring myself to cheer for Sweden. Surprisingly, a lot of people on this forum can.

source

Jul 13, 2008
If Canada goes down, Sweden is my #2. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same for a lot of other Sens fans.

Finland is always a good team to cheer for too. They are like a Canadian province with a different language and culture.

cosmicnavigator

Aug 26, 2008
Sweden
Sedin Sedin X
Eriksson Zetterberg Franzen
Landeskog Bäckström Alfredsson
Hagelin Steen Stålberg

X would preferably be a rh shoot cause we only have Alfredsson right now and he might not even play.

Likley candiates are
RH
Zibanejad (small chance)
Silfverberg (but he have been awful in international play to slow)
Hörnqvist (to streaky always goes cold in international play)
LH
MSP (Usually scores around 1pt per game on NT but his play have gone downhill)

But most likely is that Landeskog moves up with the Sedins and they bring in someone like Johansson to play with Bäckström.

On d we are set with
Karlsson
OEL
Hedman
Edler
Enstöm
Kronwall
Hjalmarsson
Ericsson
Brodin

In net
Lundqvist
Fasth

Lehner might make it as a thrid goalie if they decide to go with a young one for the experience.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Sedin Sedin X
Hagelin Steen Stålberg

X would preferably be a rh shoot cause we only have Alfredsson right now and he might not even play.

Likley candiates are
RH
Zibanejad (small chance)
LH

But most likely is that Landeskog moves up with the Sedins and they bring in someone like Johansson to play with Bäckström.

On d we are set with
Karlsson
OEL
Hedman
Edler
Enstöm
Kronwall
Hjalmarsson
Ericsson
Brodin

In net
Lundqvist
Fasth

Lehner might make it as a thrid goalie if they decide to go with a young one for the experience.

Patrik Berglund?

cosmicnavigator

Aug 26, 2008
Sweden
Patrik Berglund?

Hes very slow we have a lot of slow players on the team already and hes not been that good the last 2 years. His shooting % is way over his career average. Hes average at faceoffs none of our centers is good at faceoffs and that is a big problem. I would have prefered a rh center that would give more options in diff game situation. Zibanejad would have been an option but i think hes a year or two away.

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm
Sedin Sedin X
Hagelin Steen Stålberg

Likley candiates are
RH
Zibanejad (small chance)
LH

On d we are set with
Karlsson
OEL
Hedman
Edler
Enstöm
Kronwall
Hjalmarsson
Ericsson
Brodin

In net
Lundqvist
Fasth

MPS cant score even if his life depended on it. He had some lucky bounces and anyone who used their eyes should have seen that goals like that wouldn't happen twice. He also choked in the WHJC semi and WHC semi, and was absolutely useless.

If you want offensive talent, i would give Omark a second look to see how he recovered from his injury. He was also the one setting up MPS for lots of tap in goals the season people still belived MPS could score.

Marcus Johansson played very well for Washington last year. He should be a candidate with his speed and skill.

Hörnqvist will be there if he produces with his team, dont agree with it but coaches likes him.

Zib wont be there for sure, whole of Europe in front of him on that list and he belongs in the AHL.

Silfver isnt good enough to be in the Olympics, i rather play OEM or EK as a forward.

Berglund and Landy are probable candidates.

The main issue is that Sweden totally lacks depth on the forward side... If we get into the medals its an achievement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad