Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Oilers

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Thanks bruh

Has Ryan really earned his ice time recently? Everyone calls for accountability but I think they're caught up in past performance. Ryan hasn't done much of note lately. It doesn't bother me so much that he's not getting time...it bothers me more that we have paid a premium for a guy that has completely disappeared.

Agreed.

Today was first time I seen him actually try hard in the 3rd back on Turris' line since quite some time.

However, rumor is he was nursing an injury which makes sense but you can never know.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
in MacLean's interview, the difference tonight was that we didn't score enough goals.

So offense was the problem this game according to him.

He seems so relaxed too. The guy just doesn't get mad, even when he should. I hate coach's who scream and yell all the time but come on Mac, we're on the verge of seeing our playoff hopes evaporate and you're not worried? Please.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Spezza's been great lately. I never believed in psychobabble and leadership talk, and once again I think we can simply chalk up his early slump to injury. If he can play like this the rest of the season we might still have a chance, but some of the dead weight needs to go first.

Poor Karlsson. On that end-to-end rush you could see he decided "F this, I'm going alone" from the start. How many times does he make great plays and his team mates screw up? When he's on the ice with puck possession everybody else should just play pick and let him rush end-to-end like in football. :laugh:

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
agreed...clearly his back is okay and that early groin issue seemed to have cause more problems

he has been great since he sat out those couple of games. Best forward on this team

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Condra should never be featured in the top 6 again. He tries too hard to be a skilled player when he is and well that's just not him.

Way too fancy tonight. Believe the Eberle goal was a direct result of trying to be too cute in the offensive zone. Wiercioich is terrible for it, the Turris line gets themselves into trouble at times too.

The Smith line was very good and the same people constantly had them no matter there performance.

Spezza and Karlsson were fantastic.

Didn't like the Hendricks hit one bit.

Thought Ottawa was the better team tonight but scrivens was the difference.

A Edmonton sports radio host thinks we are on par with the Oilers.

Oh and stop being so fickle.

Last edited:

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
Spezza was great today. I've been very hard on him this season but have to give him kudos, past few game he's been much better.

Maclean on the other hand is a bumbling idiot. Trade away this buffoon. How does giving Ryan limited minutes, 3rd line to start off with, and then not putting him in key situations, make him want to stay on this team? Maclean has made terrible decisions all year long. I'm ready to fire him and I was a huge supporter of his, but all his decisions have been downright bad this year.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Came home from the game about an hour or so ago.

My thoughts:
- First period was decent. Spezza played well.
- Second period was a disaster.
- Third period was okay. Nice play Karlsson but a weak goal by Scrivens. I was like 10 feet away from the Oilers net, so I got to see it up close. :D
- Selfish penalty by Gryba even though it should have been boarding, IMO.

P.S. Lots of Sens fans in the building. I was a little surprised by that. :D

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
You know it's really quite funny, I was over on the Wings board and even though Zetterberg is out for the season, Datsyuk has been banged up and in and out of the lineup, Franzen has missed significant time, Howard has been average all season and their D is lousy....despite all that they are still a positive bunch and have the attitude that their team is going to find a way into the playoffs.

Yes, maybe that has to do with the fact that they've made it 22 straight years or maybe it is because they have Mike Babcock as a coach and he can maximize what he has....but god damn I wish we would be half as positive as they are.

Had the Sens had a major injury or many injuries to key players like last season or like the Wings now, I could understand the doom and gloom, but come on guys!! We're healthy *knock on wood* Spezza is playing the best hockey of his season right now, Karlsson continues to dominate, Andy gets better as the games get more important and Ryan is due to break out soon. Can we just TRY to still have some hope and support our boys?

When you really think about things and put it into perspective, the Sens are still very much kicking around in the race even if a lot of you think they don't deserve to be.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
You know it's really quite funny, I was over on the Wings board and even though Zetterberg is out for the season, Datsyuk has been banged up and in and out of the lineup, Franzen has missed significant time, Howard has been average all season and their D is lousy....despite all that they are still a positive bunch and have the attitude that their team is going to find a way into the playoffs.

Yes, maybe that has to do with the fact that they've made it 22 straight years or maybe it is because they have Mike Babcock as a coach and he can maximize what he has....but god damn I wish we would be half as positive as they are.

Had the Sens had a major injury or many injuries to key players like last season or like the Wings now, I could understand the doom and gloom, but come on guys!! We're healthy *knock on wood* Spezza is playing the best hockey of his season right now, Karlsson continues to dominate, Andy gets better as the games get more important and Ryan is due to break out soon. Can we just TRY to still have some hope and support our boys?

When you really think about things and put it into perspective, the Sens are still very much kicking around in the race even if a lot of you think they don't deserve to be.

The part about our health and everything is good and all but it ignores that we're just straight up running out of games for the team to get into the playoffs. Be easier to be positive if they weren't in this hole for a myriad of reasons, most of which can be distilled down to shooting themselves in the foot.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Ek and Spezza with nice moves

i8KIk94E1COw5.gif

ibrLrrDKIvG3p8.gif

Last edited:

John Holmes*

I suppose winning the Cup 4 times in the past 15 ish years will do that to a fanbase.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Missed another good opportunity to gain ground, making the way into the playoffs much harder now. I have been saying it all season, Sens will have to battle all season with a bunch of teams forone of the few places left. I'm not very optimistic that they will make it, but you never know. They'll need another 5-6 wins streak

They got so close to win that game yesterday, so many pucks almost getting in, so yes they miss a bit of luck but too many times I feel they are not opportunistic enough, they always create so many scoring chances but they rarely convert on enough of them. If you want to be an offensive team (and that's fine because it's a lot more interesting to watch), you gotta convert more and score 3-4 goals more regularly.

in MacLean's interview, the difference tonight was that we didn't score enough goals.

So offense was the problem this game according to him.

hmmm I guess this board can put me in the "MacLean dumb" category because without watching (and reading) anything else than the game, that's exactly what I thought. This team is not built to win 1-0 or 2-1. They have to score 3 goals or more to win.

They created a lot of offense, but a combination of good goaltending by Scrivens, posts, puck rolling twice behind the line, players falling all around the net (helped by some kind by Oilers) when they had golden opportunities and missed shots from in-close... got the best of them

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad