[Sens/Oilers] Pick Your Duo of Prospects

Which pair of prospects are you taking?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I’m a fan of both teams, and have always considered which pair of prospects most teams would take.

In my opinion I basically think Batherson and Benson is a wash, two very good rookies heading into next year who could both finish top-5 for Calder voting next season. Slim advantage potentially for Benson if he plays centre at the next level.

Logan Brown and Kailer Yamz is an interesting one, Brown had a decent year last year, Yamz had a mediocre one, but even though it’s pre-season, Yamz has shown that he can compete at the NHL-level and score goals.

Is this as close as I make it out to be? Or is one pair of prospects clearly ahead.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
If you want to make it even more fun:

1. Tyler Benson, Kailer Yamamoto & Evan Bouchard

or

2. Triple B: Batherson, Brown & Brannstrom?

Petterssonic

May 27, 2019
Vancouver
I don’t think Batherson and Benson is a wash at all, Batherson is a much better prospect at this point. I also think Brown is pretty underrated and could turn into a real good player if he can stay healthy.

Ottawa duo very easily.

or

Still Ottawa.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

or

Brannstrom vs Bouchard alone is interesting for me just because it's a battle between a prospect that I love and likely overrate (Brannstrom) vs one that I'm a bit sour on (compared to most people) but recognize that I underrate (Bouchard)

Overall I give both to Ottawa

Reactions: Akrapovince

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Brannstrom vs Bouchard alone is interesting for me just because it's a battle between a prospect that I love and likely overrate (Brannstrom) vs one that I'm a bit sour on (compared to most people) but recognize that I underrate (Bouchard)

Overall I give both to Ottawa

I want to see what both of those kids can do with a full year in the American League. Brannstrom has the potential to do big things with how the group in Belleville is looking.

Is it Ottawa prospects AINEC for you or is it a split decision based on Brannstrom & Bouchard?

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I want to see what both of those kids can do with a full year in the American League. Brannstrom has the potential to do big things with how the group in Belleville is looking.

Is it Ottawa prospects AINEC for you or is it a split decision based on Brannstrom & Bouchard?

Not a fan of Yamamoto at all, I prefer 6'6" centre Brown over winger Benson (long term, I likely am in the minority though BC Benson is really good ) and Batherson is by far the best.

Clear Ottawa either way

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Batherson
Benson

Yamamoto/Brown

Close, but Sens. All things considered I still prefer the Oilers prospect pool though. ;)

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I think batherson is getting very overated. And logan brown isnt very good. But i still think its sens.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think batherson is getting very overated. And logan brown isnt very good. But i still think its sens.

LOL.

310c3bd29b94329a5bc75aa0de8468da.jpg

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017

It is what it is. Batherson has shown promise buy he's well behind the best players of his draft class. Great for a 4th round pick but still not among the best of 2017, by a longshot.

Logan Brown, in a redraft, is probably mid-2nd round. He's a project at this point.

avalancheboi

Nov 16, 2018
Aurora
It is what it is. Batherson has shown promise buy he's well behind the best players of his draft class. Great for a 4th round pick but still not among the best of 2017, by a longshot.

Logan Brown, in a redraft, is probably mid-2nd round. He's a project at this point.
Who cares about if he’s behind players from his draft class? That’s not what the poll is asking. It’s asking if Benson and Yamamoto are anywhere close to Batherson and Brown’s level, and the truth is they are not. You can’t get anymore of a project than Yamamoto.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Who cares about if he’s behind players from his draft class? That’s not what the poll is asking. It’s asking if Benson and Yamamoto are anywhere close to Batherson and Brown’s level, and the truth is they are not. You can’t get anymore of a project than Yamamoto.

yeah, I voted the Sens. Just not a fan of either couple of prospects, and that seems to have sparked some anger in some posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad