Sens Moments of the Decade video

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's been a funny decade when compared with the previous one.

Playoffs were something to be feared in the 2000s - the pressure was immense, we were constantly "chokers", the Canadian media did not want to crown the Senators, and anything short of ultimate victory was a disappointment.

Then we had the 2010s, where we were just happy to be there, Pesky Sens, we knocked off some favourites, and we had some hilarious and epic troll-worthy plays and goals.

Aside from the Pizza Line's dominance, I don't know if I've been more entertained as a Senators fan.

It was just easier with the stakes so much lower.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
It's been a funny decade when compared with the previous one.

Playoffs were something to be feared in the 2000s - the pressure was immense, we were constantly "chokers", the Canadian media did not want to crown the Senators, and anything short of ultimate victory was a disappointment.

Then we had the 2010s, where we were just happy to be there, Pesky Sens, we knocked off some favourites, and we had some hilarious and epic troll-worthy plays and goals.

Aside from the Pizza Line's dominance, I don't know if I've been more entertained as a Senators fan.

It was just easier with the stakes so much lower.

tbh, if we draft Lafreniere, and also nail our 2nd 1st rounder(or nail both even without Laf), we have the chance of building a powerful competitive team and I wouldn’t have regretted anything that’s transpired previously.

you’re right, 2010s were so damn entertaining and unforgettable, moreso than our actual other dominant reg season performances

yea I woulda loved a top pick, but that Hammond run was something I’ll show my kids many times. That EK performance in 2017 playoffs was one for the ages. That playoff series win vs MTL was unforgettable.

Reactions: NyQuil

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Chills.

letting Stone go will be this team’s biggest mistake

It will sting, especially since the return was not great (Brannstrom could still become an excellent dman though, he has the tools) but I'm not sure we'd be better off with him had we signed him for what he deserved considering where we were at:

- Chabot needed a big contract
- Tkachuk still needs one
- If we get Lafrenière he will also demand a massive contract soon enough

Based on where the team was at, and it sucks to admit it, keeping Stone might have been a real problem since, once Karlsson was gone, the tank was officially on.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Based on where the team was at, and it sucks to admit it, keeping Stone might have been a real problem since, once Karlsson was gone, the tank was officially on.

Stone was the one guy on the team that I thought could help with a re-build (hopefully not too much in the standings).

He plays hockey at such a cerebral level and yet he still works hard and has a lot of experience to share.

If he wanted to win, it's understandable if he wanted to leave. It's already understandable given the contract he got from Vegas (and I'm sure their tax situation is better). So I don't bear him any ill will.

But I do think he might have stayed if the right overture was made. Captaincy and a chance to set the tone for the organization for years to come. Ironically, Vegas offered that opportunity as well, in terms of setting the standard for the franchise.

My Stone jersey still gets worn on occasion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad