Speculation: Sens may be interested in Stepan

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I listened to the show this morning and the entire conversation was around bringing in Stepan to help White. That’s what Simmer said one of the goals would be, what they discussed with McGuire, etc.

At no point did I hear Simmer suggest White would be going the other way.

I don’t know what you were listening to.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Are you trolling? When asked about a possible package for Stepan he clearly said "Arty party, a second, and Rudy Balcers". The entire point of the trade is for Stepan to mentor White and Brown.

Not at all, maybe you heard a different part of the segment. Segment I heard was about getting out of White’s deal. Segment I heard didn’t mention Balcers but it did discuss Brown.

I don’t see the point of trading Balcers unless it was with Arti. But it’s sorta a neutral trade that saves EM a bit of cash.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I listened to the show this morning and the entire conversation was around bringing in Stepan to help White. That’s what Simmer said one of the goals would be, what they discussed with McGuire, etc.

At no point did I hear Simmer suggest White would be going the other way.

I don’t know what you were listening to.
He chooses to hear what he wants to hear

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I am aware of what the article says - again, I posted Simmer’s (a guy on the radio) opinion of the rumour.

You understand that this is Simmer’s rumour right? He’s the one who reported it, not someone else.

And he’s not suggesting White would go the other way.

But maybe he will, who knows. That’s not what he said though.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Check your comprehension - Simmer debated White +a 2ND (and others).
If you can comprehend "shug" he/she is putting Stepan behind White.

Now if want to comprehend "simmer" then here is a crazy thought for the hfboards. Post the "simmer" quotes.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
If you can comprehend "shug" he/she is putting Stepan behind White.

Now if want to comprehend "simmer" then here is a crazy thought for the hfboards. Post the "simmer" quotes.

get a life ... I said “simmer thinks ...” based on his commentary on his radio show . Read better.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Not at all, maybe you heard a different part of the segment. Segment I heard was about getting out of White’s deal. Segment I heard didn’t mention Balcers but it did discuss Brown.

I don’t see the point of trading Balcers unless it was with Arti. But it’s sorta a neutral trade that saves EM a bit of cash.

Please post the link. No one else seems to have heard what you're talking about.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Please post the link. No one else seems to have heard what you're talking about.

Couldn’t care less ... it’s a conversation on the radio. You can scroll through the entire morning if you want to when they post it if your so convinced I must be lying. Enjoy your day.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Couldn’t care less ... it’s a conversation on the radio. You can scroll through the entire morning if you want to when they post it. Enjoy your day.
Actually no, you can do that and tell us where he said it. The onus is on you since you’re the one who heard this.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
get a life ... I said “simmer thinks ...” based on his commentary on his radio show . Read better.
So since no one else seems to agree with what you heard, please post the part where "simmer" says White and a 2 since your ability to be trusted and communicate properly is nil.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I did tell you what he said - move on ... I have no interest in debating with you wether I correctly heard Simmer.

You created thread, so just go and post link, and at what time it happened, otherwise it didn't happen.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
With no link to tje source of this rumour and lots of conflicting info this one is getting locked until the OP cand provide a link to the source

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
That must have got your hopes up @Sweatred :D looks like White is sticking around.

Hope Balcers isn't a part of the deal if there is any. Although I know we can't hoard prospects forever.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
That must have got your hopes up @Sweatred :D looks like White is sticking around.

Hope Balcers isn't a part of the deal if there is any. Although I know we can't hoard prospects forever.

Yes - I was a little excited :). I don’t like bringing in Stepan unless we move out Arti or Gal. I doubt either make a big difference so this may be more about saving $2 million and sacrificing Balcers.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
The Coyotes do have more rentals to pick from, and remember it's better to give than receive. Have the Christmas spirit and give! We sure can use the help...

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Trading picks and prospects for a finished guy just because his bonus is paid and his cap hit is way higher than his actual salary would be hilarious.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Trading picks and prospects for a finished guy just because his bonus is paid and his cap hit is way higher than his actual salary would be hilarious.

$2 million is a lot of real money. It could pay for the nearly the entire Belleville payroll for a cash strapped team.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yes - I was a little excited :). I don’t like bringing in Stepan unless we move out Arti or Gal. I doubt either make a big difference so this may be more about saving $2 million and sacrificing Balcers.
Trading Balcers and a pick for Stephan is going to be a massive blow to the “Melnyk never forces deals to save cash” crowd.
But then again that same crowd will be here saying what a great hockey deal it was and how balcers was mever gonna be anything (even though they’ve been saying how great he is) and how great Stepan is

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Trading Balcers and a pick for Stephan is going to be a massive blow to the “Melnyk never forces deals to save cash” crowd.
But then again that same crowd will be here saying what a great hockey deal it was and how balcers was mever gonna be anything (even though they’ve been saying how great he is) and how great Stepan is

I just see Stepan blocking more PT for Brown, Norris, Form, Bath etc.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Doesn't make sense at Stepan's current production, unless Arizona is sending a pick Ottawa's way. And that ain't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan