Speculation: Sens may be interested in Stepan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
A trade around White for Stepan wouldn't surprise me honestly.

Dorion jumped the gun signing White to a big contract after he rode shotgun to Stone all season. Pumped up his numbers.

Has all the makings of a good 3rd line guy, but he'll be making an average of 4.9M in salary in the remaining 5YRs of his deal.

White also doesn't fill much of a need anymore now that Norris and Pinto are looking like solid two-way centers in the making.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
A trade around White for Stepan wouldn't surprise me honestly.

Dorion jumped the gun signing White to a big contract after he rode shotgun to Stone all season. Pumped up his numbers.

Has all the makings of a good 3rd line guy, but he'll be making an average of 4.9M in salary in the remaining 5YRs of his deal.

White also doesn't fill much of a need anymore now that Norris and Pinto are looking like solid two-way centers in the making.

Arizona isn't exactly looking to add salary right now, especially when the player isn't currently earning the contract. There is absolutely no indication that White is being included in a deal for Stepan, whatsoever.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Stepan would be a good 2/3 option

according to some Arizona fans they think he is better off elsewhere and not in the team culture

Raze The Stray

Duuuuuude
Aug 5, 2009
Auto-wah
Sick-in-the-head levels of obsession, good lord.

Stepan is a fine player and all, don't see much of a fit unless Arty is going back though, nor do I see Arizona biting on that. Outside of "veteran presence" I'm not sure he checks many boxes for us either.

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
Stepan is exactly the kind of player that has summed up most of the Melnyk era: a smaller player who you can watch get pushed around and hardly ever score when we inevitably fall behind most games, playing on the cheap.
At least Arti Party has some size to battle and was on a pace for 20+ goals over 82 games. Getting beat up and losing is a really bad watch.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Sick-in-the-head levels of obsession, good lord.

Stepan is a fine player and all, don't see much of a fit unless Arty is going back though, nor do I see Arizona biting on that. Outside of "veteran presence" I'm not sure he checks many boxes for us either.

It's a nothing move but it saves Ottawa some money and Arizona is over the cap ceiling so they have no choice but to shed some cap.

Stepan is likely a better fit in our bottom 6 than Anisimov, he can PK and is good defensively while bringing similar offense to AA. We lost our PK guy in Pageau last season and could use a better defensive center like Stepan to offset that loss in the short term.

It's a pretty straightforward deal that benefits both sides.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Arizona isn't exactly looking to add salary right now, especially when the player isn't currently earning the contract. There is absolutely no indication that White is being included in a deal for Stepan, whatsoever.

No indication, but I'm saying it could make sense.

The Yotes just wasted a bunch of young assets trading for Hall and then lost their 2021 1st and 2020 2nd as a penalty for cheating.

Maybe they are willing to gamble that White rebounds and they can add a good 23YR old 2nd/3rd line guy for little to no assets.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
It's a nothing move but it saves Ottawa some money and Arizona is over the cap ceiling so they have no choice but to shed some cap.

Stepan is likely a better fit in our bottom 6 than Anisimov, he can PK and is good defensively while bringing similar offense to AA. We lost our PK guy in Pageau last season and could use a better defensive center like Stepan to offset that loss in the short term.

It's a pretty straightforward deal that benefits both sides.
Steppan makes more than Arty. 2M vs 1.5M.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
No indication, but I'm saying it could make sense.

The Yotes just wasted a bunch of young assets trading for Hall and then lost their 2021 1st and 2020 2nd as a penalty for cheating.

Maybe they are willing to gamble that White rebounds and they can add a good 23YR old 2nd/3rd line guy for little to no assets.

Perhaps, but I don't think they can afford to gamble from a financial perspective. I also don't think the Sens are ready to cut ties with CW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia