OT: Sens Lounge XLVII | Manked is Supreme Leader | Smeddy is a Panthers Fan Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4TR1X

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Do you ever go on the internet for the first time during the day and feel like anywhere you go there isn't an ounce of anyone being positive, rather just everyone *****ing?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
An item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If you're willing to pay $60 for it, that's what it's worth to you. And if you didn't think it was worth it then you wouldn't feel inclined to buy it.

Fair point, but I disagree. I think for a small upgrade like this, they should charge less, but obviously that would never happen.

I still want it though. I'm just reluctantly paying $60.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Fair point, but I disagree. I think for a small upgrade like this, they should charge less, but obviously that would never happen.

I still want it though. I'm just reluctantly paying $60.

It's not exactly something you can disagree with, dude. If you're paying $60, it's because you feel it's worth $60. Whether that's due to gameplay, online play, time you can game with friends, nostalgia... it doesn't matter. If you're willing to pay it, that's what it's worth to you.

Take the example of a $100 bill. Its actual worth is probably pennies -- the amount of money it costs for the ink and paper. But its perceived value is $100, and that's the value ascribed to it.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
They shouldn't charge less.

Why should they? We live in a capitalist society? They sell plenty at $67 a pop.

I know they won't, it wouldn't be good for them. I just wish it was cheaper. I'm sure everyone does.

It's not exactly something you can disagree with, dude. If you're paying $60, it's because you feel it's worth $60. Whether that's due to gameplay, online play, time you can game with friends, nostalgia... it doesn't matter. If you're willing to pay it, that's what it's worth to you.

Take the example of a $100 bill. Its actual worth is probably pennies -- the amount of money it costs for the ink and paper. But its perceived value is $100, and that's the value ascribed to it.

I don't know how to argue this, but I still feel like I disagree :p:

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Maybe I'm just missing something.

But if you didn't feel that something was worth your money and worth what you're paying for it, why would you buy it in the first place?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Maybe I'm just missing something.

But if you didn't feel that something was worth your money and worth what you're paying for it, why would you buy it in the first place?

I do like the upgrades that they've made, and don't want to skip over them. So I'm going to buy the game. I'm willing to pay $60 to get those upgrades, but I don't feel they are worth quite that much.

Not sure how else to explain it. :dunno:

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I do like the upgrades that they've made, and don't want to skip over them. So I'm going to buy the game. I'm willing to pay $60 to get those upgrades, but I don't feel they are worth quite that much.

Not sure how else to explain it. :dunno:

So it's not so much the game itself that makes it worth it to you, but the continuity.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I think you're both right.

HAWT is technically right (the best type of right) but at the same time what Deku is saying is that he will fork out the money, but he's less pumped than he thinks he should be for a new installment.

But he does still think it's worth it.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I think you're both right.

HAWT is technically right (the best type of right) but at the same time what Deku is saying is that he will fork out the money, but he's less pumped than he thinks he should be for a new installment.

But he does still think it's worth it.
Ah, okay. Different meanings of the word 'worth.' Makes sense.
Oh triple dukes.
Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad