OT: Sens Lounge -The Spring before the Summer Begins Again

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
100%. It's a license to steal for many and I've seen exactly that scenario too. Pretty much everyone I know, including professionals, take a very annoyed, flippant approach to doing their work for them and seems to have changed a lot of attitudes that missing scanning an item or two each time is just to be expected. They openly brag about "missing" items. Poor loblaws and Wal-Mart, however will they survive lol.
They must still be ahead profit wise even with their losses of theft over paying wages to employees. Crazy to think about that.

Reactions: DrEasy

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
They must still be ahead profit wise even with their losses of theft over paying wages to employees. Crazy to think about that.
Ya not really surprising imo. I'm sure their bean counters laid it all out for them, and we know they'll squeeze every penny they can from the general public, even if it's just gouging.

Reactions: maclean

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Ya not really surprising imo. I'm sure their bean counters laid it all out for them, and we know they'll squeeze every penny they can from the general public, even if it's just gouging.

Yeah, that's the thing, bottom line is king and you know those losses will just be taken out on us anyways.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah, that's the thing, bottom line is king and you know those losses will just be taken out on us anyways.
No different than the cost of paying cashier's being downloaded to the consumer, both are just the cost of doing business except at least paying cashier's gives some benefit to the workers and the economy.

I guess it comes down to who you think should get the benefit of the cost of doing business, entry level employees, or people willing to take the five finger discount.

Reactions: maclean

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
1714314976825.jpeg

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
@coladin @mysens

Hit a milestone for my company at work here and they tossed me $5k but has to be used towards travel. Thinking about Sicily since Amalfi is known to be crazy busy in summer. I know 5k won't go far but should at least cover airfare and a few meals. Either of you been down there?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
How do they report 100 mil in revenue for the E division according to the article, and also report they sold 10k EVs? That suggests the revenue from EV sales was 10k per vehicle at their wholesale pricing, which doesn't seem to align with reality... Looking at prior quarters in the presentation the article linked, every other year was ~50k per vehicle reported sold, which makes sense. I'm not sure what's going on here, they either cut their wholesale prices by 80% (not the case) or the data presented isn't what it appears to be.

Regardless, Electrics are a long term investment, not sure how much you can read into 1 quarter's performance. The 130k per vehicle is also kind of click bait, that's including the R&D costs that aren't expected to pay off for years and it also excludes from the revenue electric sales that are made through the Pro series, so fleet sales to business and gov't clients. When they have a contract for about 10k e-Transit vans to the US postal service alone this year, that's a significant exclusion.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
@coladin @mysens

Hit a milestone for my company at work here and they tossed me $5k but has to be used towards travel. Thinking about Sicily since Amalfi is known to be crazy busy in summer. I know 5k won't go far but should at least cover airfare and a few meals. Either of you been down there?
Go to Bangkok, I can send you a couple reccos to go on soi Cowboy

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
@coladin @mysens

Hey pal, was in Sicily in 2019, specifically Taormina. Now, I don't know if you watched The White Lotus 2, but that is where it was filmed and it is stunning. The euro does reasonably well there, and you go see Mt. Etna, where they filmed the Godfather is pretty cool too, or just soak in the rays and eat phenomenal food.

I was Puglia this past summer, and absolutely loved it. Incredible beaches and food, and some intersesting places to visit like Alberobello, but really it is a rest/relaxation area.

Italy is busy everywhere in the summer, but nothing hits quite like summertime in Italy!

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Go to Bangkok, I can send you a couple reccos to go on soi Cowboy
I'd love to but we have a 9 month old so that would be dicey. 30 hrs on a place with a baby would be a nightmare

Hey pal, was in Sicily in 2019, specifically Taormina. Now, I don't know if you watched The White Lotus 2, but that is where it was filmed and it is stunning. The euro does reasonably well there, and you go see Mt. Etna, where they filmed the Godfather is pretty cool too, or just soak in the rays and eat phenomenal food.

I was Puglia this past summer, and absolutely loved it. Incredible beaches and food, and some intersesting places to visit like Alberobello, but really it is a rest/relaxation area.

Italy is busy everywhere in the summer, but nothing hits quite like summertime in Italy!
Lol yeah it was White Lotus season 2 that really opened it up to me. Would mostly just be to put our feet up and eat some food. We have the baby now so it would be a bit inconvenient to be more active on a vacation

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
@coladin @mysens

First of all congrats on the milestone! If I could suggest an area that is as nice but not as populated in the province of Calabria. The resort town is called Tropea. It’s absolutely stunning and incredible beaches. The food in southern Italy is also delicious and natural. You can get there with a flight from Montreal-Rome-Lamezia as the final destination. Rent a car and you should be there in an hour or so. We will be going this summer with my wife and kids as she is from the area. Let me know if you need any other opinions!

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Oh forgot to mention that the 5k bonus should cover the total airfare to get there plus a rental car at the airport in Lamezia

Reactions: branch

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
First of all congrats on the milestone! If I could suggest an area that is as nice but not as populated in the province of Calabria. The resort town is called Tropea. It’s absolutely stunning and incredible beaches. The food in southern Italy is also delicious and natural. You can get there with a flight from Montreal-Rome-Lamezia as the final destination. Rent a car and you should be there in an hour or so. We will be going this summer with my wife and kids as she is from the area. Let me know if you need any other opinions!
Sounds groovy gonna look at flights soon

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Sounds groovy gonna look at flights soon
When booking flights you can make a request with the airline to give you seating where they can offer you a baby basinette for he/she to sleep in. Its a life saver. These bassinettes attach to the wall in front of you and you place the little critter in there and they sleep leaving you free to get up and eat etc. If you cannot make the request on line, just call. We have even had them give us this option at the airport on request. The nice thing of travelling with a baby in places like Italy, is they give you lots of preferences, the people in general love to see people traveling with babies and are very accepting.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
When booking flights you can make a request with the airline to give you seating where they can offer you a baby basinette for he/she to sleep in. Its a life saver. These bassinettes attach to the wall in front of you and you place the little critter in there and they sleep leaving you free to get up and eat etc. If you cannot make the request on line, just call. We have even had them give us this option at the airport on request. The nice thing of travelling with a baby in places like Italy, is they give you lots of preferences, the people in general love to see people traveling with babies and are very accepting.

It has one downside, during takeoff and landing and whenever there's turbulence, they want you to take the baby out and strap them to you, which is a bit of a bummer if you've just got them to sleep.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I've been hearing this too from other people as well - have to take advantage of the perks of the baby! Priority boarding and through security as well I think lol

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I've been hearing this too from other people as well - have to take advantage of the perks of the baby! Priority boarding and through security as well I think lol
Under a year is the best to travel with.

Then they hit 1-3 and they are total jerks! I absolutely loved the travel we did with my first before she was a year (although she is a great traveller in general). But it was so easy. And we did a 6 hr flight with no issue.

Good luck!! I have no idea on where because I haven't travelled to Europe all that much

Reactions: branch

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
No, I don't watch propaganda. Science is not about peddling minority opinions fooling the public into believing from a nice little presentation method. Anyone can put these together and fool a few people. But you do you. I'm sure there's at least some entertainment value there.

My views on climate change are actually pretty conservative, but not because I buy that humans aren't the primary factor driving, it;s because I think stopping the train is not possible and ultimately pointless. I think it's a good thing people want change, but human civilization is done for in the next ~100 years imo, so I don't really see the point

Well if you don’t watch, and then fact check to either confirm or debunk what is presented, how do you know it is propaganda?
Being told that it is, or is not, by like minded members of the echo chamber is not the best way to confirm or deny that is or is not.
Also, the sources of information that you or anyone uses to support your current faith in any given theory or hypothesis are also capable of using propaganda to get people over to their side of an issue…. Knowing this, perhaps checking out the “other side” Will at the very least widen your knowledge base on an issue, and confirm your current stance on an issue…. I think if you or anyone is afraid of additional information on any given topic, then maybe you already see some softness on your side of an issue.

This column might shed some light on the IPCC propaganda, that so many take as “settled science”…. As if there was such a thing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad