OT: Sens Lounge LXXV | Future Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Academia Feminism is a real problem in today's world

No, "Academic Feminism" usually promotes true equality, and is usually very on point and fair. I'm completely on board with academic feminism.

The problem is "TumblrFeminism", which unfortunately is rearing it's ugly head within academic institutions.

There is a big difference between the two, and I feel it's important to differentiate between them.

It's not a problem with "Feminism", though... far from it. True feminism is fine, and a truly admirable goal in and of itself. The problem a lot of universities are facing with a lot of their "movements", regardless of the cause, is that 18-21 year old university students are in the unique position of being both very bright, while at the same time complete and utter idiots (and to all of you 18-21 year old university students: I mean that in the most loving way possible).

The Fuhr*

Down 60lbs since January... Killing every day

At work last night I made one of the best sandwiches I have ever made... Grilled Chicken, and a strip if bacon on toasted ciabatta topped with lettuce, tomatoes, red onion and a chipotle mayo dressing... It was so good

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

At work last night I made one of the best sandwiches I have ever made... Grilled Chicken, and a strip if bacon on toasted ciabatta topped with lettuce, tomatoes, red onion and a chipotle mayo dressing... It was so good

Awesome.

I've had to start biking to work this week because I had to take my car into the bodyshop... forgot how much it drains me, no idea how I'm going to manage to do squats for reps after biking to the gym...

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Man, I miss bacon. Easily one of the worst things about living in a Muslim country: little-to-no pork products, and the rare times you can buy it, it's awful quality or nearly expired.

On the SUPER-RARE times I see real, delicious bacon in the store (the high-end stores that cater to expats), that pack of bacon is like $30. No thanks.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

No cheese? Goat cheese sounds like it would be killer

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Awesome.

I've had to start biking to work this week because I had to take my car into the bodyshop... forgot how much it drains me, no idea how I'm going to manage to do squats for reps after biking to the gym...

You'll get back into the groove of things in no-time

I recently got back to biking everywhere I go (I don't got no car) and it took a bit of time (2-3 weeks) but I'm back to being able to handle it like it's nothing

Biking everywhere you go, as long as you don't like very far from where you usually go, is amazing for your health and the city is very accomodating for it. I don't understand why more people don't do it

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

I recently got back to biking everywhere I go (I don't got no car) and it took a bit of time (2-3 weeks) but I'm back to being able to handle it like it's nothing

Biking everywhere you go, as long as you don't like very far from where you usually go, is amazing for your health and the city is very accomodating for it. I don't understand why more people don't do it

I'm actually in a bit of a bike unfriendly city haha... and cross over a 401 overpass where there's been multiple bicycle fatalities in the years I've driven past there.

But yeah - the route is about 3.5km so not too far (with stop lights took me around 12 minutes), just my legs were jello when I got home last night.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

*shudder*

No way in hell I'd bike in Ottawa. The traffic in Orleans is crazy enough...riding on two wheels downtown is daring the reaper to visit.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
*shudder*

No way in hell I'd bike in Ottawa. The traffic in Orleans is crazy enough...riding on two wheels downtown is daring the reaper to visit.

I've been biking year long since 2008 and I've never had an accident: i used live right in the market and now live just across the bridge in Hull

It's really not that bad as long as you are careful but it does seem daunting

The only thing you really need to be weary of are taxis but that's true even when driving

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
At the hospital for my procedures. I hope they figure out today what is wrong with me. I cant take this much more.

Hope they figure it out. Been there with health issues that they cannot diagnose, it is frustrating.

What kind of problems are they checking for?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
All done. I have stomach and digestive problems. They scoped me. Made the doctor go "huh..." at one point. the drugs they put me on were pretty fun, didn't last long though.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
All done. I have stomach and digestive problems. They scoped me. Made the doctor go "huh..." at one point. the drugs they put me on were pretty fun, didn't last long though.

Hmm, me too.

They want to do a CT scan of my abdomen and then as a last resort do a colonoscopy. They scope you from your throat?

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I was driving on hunt club and a cop was pulled over on the other side of the road. I pass him going the speed limit, he turns on his lights, u turns, follows me for 5 seconds, then turns the lights off and turns right. Wtf...

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I was driving on hunt club and a cop was pulled over on the other side of the road. I pass him going the speed limit, he turns on his lights, u turns, follows me for 5 seconds, then turns the lights off and turns right. Wtf...

your car might have fit a description but once he saw your license plate ruled you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad