OT: Sens Lounge LXIX: No More Bad Titles (Just Bad Content) Edition | DRAKE APPRECIATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Noooo rip silf
Also it is hilarious to see people (my friends) try with a girl even though they don't have a chance :laugh:

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I'd rather try with a hundred girls who are deemed by society to be out of my league than not -- the law of averages indicates that you may get lucky (in more ways that one, giggity.)

Pro tip: never tell yourself someone's out of your league. Make them find a reason not to hook up with you; don't do it for them.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I'd rather try with a hundred girls who are deemed by society to be out of my league than not -- the law of averages indicates that you may get lucky (in more ways that one, giggity.)

Pro tip: never tell yourself someone's out of your league. Make them find a reason not to hook up with you; don't do it for them.
Also if the ocean was the friendzone, he would be in mariana's trench :laugh:

But idgaf really im only 15

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I sucked with women. That's why I decided to be gay.

Also, in response to HAWT, I've seen you use that advice before, and it legitimately works. Realize too that sometimes people don't have "mainstream" likes/attractions. I always thought the really good looking guy (looks like Niall from One Direction except better) on my residence was out of my league. Turns out he's into big "manly" :)laugh:) men, and that apparently I fit the bill (except the whole tattoo thing).

Straight males, just play the girls game, seriously. A little subtle flirting isn't really that tough and you can pass it as just being friendly if she's not interested. If she flirts back, at least you know she's somewhat interested (unless she's one of those habitual flirters).

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Straight males, just play the girls game, seriously. A little subtle flirting isn't really that tough and you can pass it as just being friendly if she's not interested. If she flirts back, at least you know she's somewhat interested (unless she's one of those habitual flirters).

I just have no social skills :laugh:

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
A somewhat awkward question for me to ask because it could be taken as rude, but how do you tell if other guys are gay? Just by asking? I imagine that would be annoying though having to always ask

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
A somewhat awkward question for me to ask because it could be taken as rude, but how do you tell if other guys are gay? Just by asking? I imagine that would be annoying though having to always ask
It's not an awkward question I had to hide who I was for a half-decade, I like when people ask me questions. It shows they are interested/care.

As for your question, it's a struggle. Even more so for me. The guys who you CAN tell are gay are the ones that I am not attracted to. I support and love effeminate dudes, I'm just not into them. Unfortunately, that means that it's really difficult to find other gay guys.

I would never go up to someone I didn't really know and ask them if they're gay. Even though it shouldn't be taken offensively, the fact of the matter is that it could upset someone to be asked that, and at the very least make them uncomfortable. The number one way to find other gay guys is online. Because we live in a society where people are assumed straight, online is the best way to find other gay guys that have similar interests. There's definitely a much higher percentage of young (<25) gay guys who have online profiles than there would be straight guys. Kind of within that online category is an app called Grindr, which honest to God practically every openly gay male uses. It sorts by distance and is for gay guys only.

Apart from online, then it goes to gay "scenes". That can be a gay bar, club, hockey league, a LGBT group, anything.

And then finally, there's just honesty. If there was a guy that I was really unsure of if he was gay, I'd make sure he knew that I was and then gauge whether or not he was from that. If we were getting "close" and I told him I was gay and he didn't say "Oh me too", that's enough of a clue for me to assume not and just focus on that person as a friend.

Thanks for tuning in to this episode of "Ha Gheyyyyyyy!", with your host Manked the Majestic.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
Quick question, plans fell through with someone I was going to see the game with, but still itching to see a hockey game, and will possibly be heading up tomorrow night. What's the best section for atmosphere as someone going alone, as well as a good Sens bar for before the game. Thanks!

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Quick question, plans fell through with someone I was going to see the game with, but still itching to see a hockey game, and will possibly be heading up tomorrow night. What's the best section for atmosphere as someone going alone, as well as a good Sens bar for before the game. Thanks!

Can't help much RE: section -- it's almost always just luck of the draw. 319 is pretty consistently good, though.

As far as a pre-game bar goes, The Senate is fantastic. Good game-day deals, friendly and engaged crowd, and I'm pretty sure they have a shuttle going to CT Centre. Try the Turducken sandwich, it's tasty.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Go someplace in Kanata before the game so your close.

The 3 Brewers just opened up in Centrum and I love it there. It's quite the place. Then make your way over to the SBP. I'd try and find tickets anywhere in the mid 300s. It's where the loudest fans are, and it still offers a good sightline.

The lower you go, the quieter you go.

EDIT: Yes, the Senate offers a $5 shuttle to the games. It's fantastic, absolutely love it there.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
Can't help much RE: section -- it's almost always just luck of the draw. 319 is pretty consistently good, though.

As far as a pre-game bar goes, The Senate is fantastic. Good game-day deals, friendly and engaged crowd, and I'm pretty sure they have a shuttle going to CT Centre. Try the Turducken sandwich, it's tasty.

Go someplace in Kanata before the game so your close.

The 3 Brewers just opened up in Centrum and I love it there. It's quite the place. Then make your way over to the SBP. I'd try and find tickets anywhere in the mid 300s. It's where the loudest fans are, and it still offers a good sightline.

The lower you go, the quieter you go.

EDIT: Yes, the Senate offers a $5 shuttle to the games. It's fantastic, absolutely love it there.

Thanks guys, I think I'll choose the Senate just because I plan on drinking and will probably stay downtown, and the ride makes it very convenient. Looking forward to a Sen's win and a fun night.

Iconoclast

Lifestyle on camera
May 2, 2013
Toronto
I don't know, I think everyone looks down on FWB for whatever reason.

There's a word for those kinds of people: boring.

Also someone explain to baffled Iconoclast over here how anyone finds One Direction to be attractive in any way, shape or form.

They're like the most un-masculine guys ever.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH

Probably just as difficult as hitting on chicks at work. You never know when they're going to pop the ol' "oh I'm meeting my boyfriend later" remark. The way they just slip it in there like it's all part of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad