OT: Sens Lounge CVII - The Summer (of Dorion) Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Interesting. NEver really heard tucker talk before... don't really follow US politics. Twitter should be free speech for sure...
I never really watched him either except for what ever clips I would come across. Couldn't stand him on CNN. Over the last few years though it seems he was truly an idependant voice even though he was on FOX. He had the highest ratings of any show at that time slot and had zero advertisers meaning he didn't have to watch what he said for fear of losing the company money. Everything he says in that clip is how all media are supposed to report the news but none of them do.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If anyone knows about lies, false facts and manipulation, it's Tucker.

He made bank doing it to people for years.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Interesting. NEver really heard tucker talk before... don't really follow US politics. Twitter should be free speech for sure...
You were far better off before then, if you like being gaslighted, manipulated and outright lied to on a effort to line his pockets, keep on listening to him.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I don't listen to him. I am more into this stuff

Kind of like covid and archeology. Same arguments people had against covid and Graham Hancock about lost civilizations.

A Greenpeace "co-founder" (fact check: no he wasn't) who left Greenpeace in 1986 and has been a paid spokesman for 30+ years for logging, mining, chemical and fish farming industries while also working as a policy advisor for a right-wing/libertarian think-tank called the Heartland Institute, which represents fossil fuel industries. Not only does he deny climate change is real, he doesn't even think CO2 is harmful to the atmosphere or a contributing factor to climate warming. He said Roundup was totally safe to drink, even up to a quart in a single sitting. This guy is thoroughly discredited from top to bottom and he's a f***ing grifter like every other right-wing lunatic in the Western hemisphere.

Stop posting this shit on here pretending this is about hearing the "other side" of an argument. No, someone lying isn't an equally weighted argument to facts, research and scientific consensus.

Joe Rogan is a f***ing a moron, btw. He's the dumb guy's idea of a smart guy because he "asks questions". Who cares how many dipshits listen to him? And who cares how many rural right-wing imbeciles watch Tucker for confirmation of their horrible views?

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Tucker and Elon are a match made in heaven. God help us all.
Strange, his sister was on PBS for years.. Very down to earth. Reasonably centralist. So was he, then he seemed to become a sensationalist.

I met him in a Philadelphia airport some 20 years ago.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Strange, his sister was on PBS for years.. Very down to earth. Reasonably centralist. So was he, then he seemed to become a sensationalist.

I met him in a Philadelphia airport some 20 years ago.

His personal beliefs are irrelevant. You can look into the Dominion lawsuit discovery to see what he really thinks about Trump and the MAGA brigade.

He's a dangerous propagandist (probably the most dangerous one in the US based on viewership and following) and he's going to be on a platfrom controlled by an alt-right billionaire that craves attention.

Bad recipe.

A Greenpeace "co-founder" (fact check: no he wasn't) who left Greenpeace in 1986 and has been a paid spokesman for 30+ years for logging, mining, chemical and fish farming industries while also working as a policy advisor for a right-wing/libertarian think-tank called the Heartland Institute, which represents fossil fuel industries. Not only does he deny climate change is real, he doesn't even think CO2 is harmful to the atmosphere or a contributing factor to climate warming. He said Roundup was totally safe to drink, even up to a quart in a single sitting. This guy is thoroughly discredited from top to bottom and he's a f***ing grifter like every other right-wing lunatic in the Western hemisphere.

Stop posting this shit on here pretending this is about hearing the "other side" of an argument. No, someone lying isn't an equally weighted argument to facts, research and scientific consensus.

Joe Rogan is a f***ing a moron, btw. He's the dumb guy's idea of a smart guy because he "asks questions". Who cares how many dipshits listen to him? And who cares how many rural right-wing imbeciles watch Tucker for confirmation of their horrible views?

1684167765859.png

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020

yea, but what do you really think Bankstreet???? don't hold back now!!!!!

George Will spent weeks training Reagan on the 1980's debate with Carter. Then got on ABC to do an analysis!!!!! Damn fine wig on the man... Very knowledgeable baseball man

They call Bettman, Goodell, Manfred, Silver, et all... Commissioner... HUH !!!! Hired by, paid by and work for the owners... One of the principal duties is: Ombudsmen !!! uhh huuH !!!!

Dean and Gord, Bankstreet !!! "You know me, I always tell it like it is".. or JR 'Man of the people". Self credibility.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
His personal beliefs are irrelevant. You can look into the Dominion lawsuit discovery to see what he really thinks about Trump and the MAGA brigade.

He's a dangerous propagandist (probably the most dangerous one in the US based on viewership and following) and he's going to be on a platfrom controlled by an alt-right billionaire that craves attention.

Bad recipe.
Van Johnson is a consultant for Kamala Harris, and close friends with Obama.. then gets on CNN..

Mike Dutty became a well paid, over indulged conservative Senator who was on TV offering political commentary.. claimed to live in teh Atlantic provinces somewhere, and took an allowance for an Ottawa residence... Turns out he was using it on $300 hair cuts!!!!

Old Man Kennedy got Momo (Sam Giancana) to fix the 1960 Illinois elections,, Got junior elected as President...

Bruce Garriogh is a "sports journalist".... UHH huh.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

It's so refreshing that you alone have the world figured out.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010

You voted for Trudeau didn't you...? Lol

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

He's a dangerous propagandist (probably the most dangerous one in the US based on viewership and following) and he's going to be on a platfrom ….

Sam Harris gave a quick summary of the most egregious text messages that came out in the trial… worth a listen:

I’m not 100% certain Carlson will continue to pull a big audience in this new show. The anti-Trump text messages really ticked off most of his base, who are almost all hardcore Trump supporters. I think it’s possible he just fades into a minor role in the US media stage.

Reactions: Mingus Dew

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Hate to break it to ya bud, but watching YouTube videos and podcasts that confirm your biases don't exactly make you the grand arbiter of truth, either.
No shit.

Sam Harris gave a quick summary of the most egregious text messages that came out in the trial… worth a listen:

I’m not 100% certain Carlson will continue to pull a big audience in this new show. The anti-Trump text messages really ticked off most of his base, who are almost all hardcore Trump supporters. I think it’s possible he just fades into a minor role in the US media stage.

Sam Harris is a donkey. lol

You can report on the news and not be a fan of who you are covering. There are many people out there on both sides of the issue who see the weaponization of the media and Trump is in their cross hairs. The government and the media are on the same side pertaining to Trump and I think more people see that as the enemy than some ideology a politician may have.

What Sam Harris is suggesting is that Carlson allow his own politics to get in the way of his job. This is the play book of all media. This iswhat is wrong with mainstream media.

Last edited:

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
No shit.

Sam Harris is a donkey. lol

You can report on the news and not be a fan of who you are covering. There are many people out there on both sides of the issue who see the weaponization of the media and Trump is in their cross hairs. The government and the media are on the same side pertaining to Trump and I think more people see that as the enemy than some ideology a politician may have.

What Sam Harris is suggesting is that Carlson allow his own politics to get in the way of his job. This is the play book of all media. This iswhat is wrong with mainstream media.
I don’t have a strong opinion on Harris one way or the other. He does come across as a bit full of himself, but that’s true of most “public intellectuals “ — it’s part of the shtick, I think. And I don’t ever use the term “donkey” to refer to a person, so not sure whether it’s accurate or not.

I mostly linked this clip as a convenient and quick way for people to access the text messages that @Mingus Dew referred to.

For those who didn’t bother to listen the rest of the opinion stated is that Carlson’s show was notably biased as pro-Trump (ie certainly not unbiased, which I guess is your position), that the text messages revealed that Carlson was a liar in his Trump cheerleading, and as such should not / can not be trusted going forward.

I’ve only ever seen a few clips of Carlson’s show (eg his Don Cherry interview), but what I have seen was certainly biased to the right.

Reactions: DrEasy

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I don’t have a strong opinion on Harris one way or the other. He does come across as a bit full of himself, but that’s true of most “public intellectuals “ — it’s part of the shtick, I think. And I don’t ever use the term “donkey” to refer to a person, so not sure whether it’s accurate or not.

I mostly linked this clip as a convenient and quick way for people to access the text messages that @Mingus Dew referred to.

For those who didn’t bother to listen the rest of the opinion stated is that Carlson’s show was notably biased as pro-Trump (ie certainly not unbiased, which I guess is your position), that the text messages revealed that Carlson was a liar in his Trump cheerleading, and as such should not / can not be trusted going forward.

I’ve only ever seen a few clips of Carlson’s show (eg his Don Cherry interview), but what I have seen was certainly biased to the right.
What's funny though is the entire media as a whole is against Trump. Fox was the only one criticizing the witch hunt going after him. I just don't believe everything they say about him anymore. At first it was funny like getting peed on by Russian prostitutes but its the over the top, non stop garbage stories about the guy while he was in office and now they are throwing all of these charges that are just bull to embed into peoples minds what to think about him. I don't like how the media exaggerates things and still maintain integrity at the same time.

I love Trump the politician and dislike Trump the person. Same as Michael Jordan is a basketball god to me but don't like the person he is.

As for Carlson I think he exactly right when he says there are limits that if you bump up against them you will be fired.

He has spoken about the last few years his opinions have changed and he was making an attempt to speak his truth as opposed to toeing the company line. It's why his show had no advertisers. I can only say I have watched clips with him about things I find interesting like the release of the Jan 6. video's after the fact that show a much different story than the one that was played out for the committee and to the public and yet it got literally no coverage from the rest of the media. I do everything I can to search out indepndant journalists. When it comes to mainstream you have to watch both sides lie to figure out what the actual story is. I don't waste my time succumbing to outrage people tell me I should be mad about. I take it in stride.

I don't care who is cheerleading for who, I just want all of the facts so I can come to my own conclusion.

Reactions: Tnuoc Alucard

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
What's funny though is the entire media as a whole is against Trump. Fox was the only one criticizing the witch hunt going after him. I just don't believe everything they say about him anymore. At first it was funny like getting peed on by Russian prostitutes but its the over the top, non stop garbage stories about the guy while he was in office and now they are throwing all of these charges that are just bull to embed into peoples minds what to think about him. I don't like how the media exaggerates things and still maintain integrity at the same time.

I love Trump the politician and dislike Trump the person. Same as Michael Jordan is a basketball god to me but don't like the person he is.

As for Carlson I think he exactly right when he says there are limits that if you bump up against them you will be fired.

He has spoken about the last few years his opinions have changed and he was making an attempt to speak his truth as opposed to toeing the company line. It's why his show had no advertisers. I can only say I have watched clips with him about things I find interesting like the release of the Jan 6. video's after the fact that show a much different story than the one that was played out for the committee and to the public and yet it got literally no coverage from the rest of the media. I do everything I can to search out indepndant journalists. When it comes to mainstream you have to watch both sides lie to figure out what the actual story is. I don't waste my time succumbing to outrage people tell me I should be mad about. I take it in stride.

I don't care who is cheerleading for who, I just want all of the facts so I can come to my own conclusion.

So much in here. So much.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
If nothing else, Trump getting peed on is a lot more plausible than Hillary eating babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad