Post-Game Talk: Sens lose 3-1 to Habs

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
We didn't play well but calling that 4 min penalty right after Gallagher scored was bullcrap

Literally never seen something like that happen but of course the refs do that and not call anything against players taking liberties with Stutzle.

Reactions: topshelf15

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
Didn't Boucher use this line

Not saying I disagree .. they had nothing to give

If the team was tired and had nothing to give, why the hell do you dress a 34 year old, slow as **** journeyman tough guy who is going to play only 5 minutes per game? Wouldn't you want to dress someone who can actually play, so you can distribute your ice-time a little more evenly? Such a waste.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We didn't play well but calling that 4 min penalty right after Gallagher scored was bullcrap

Literally never seen something like that happen but of course the refs do that and not call anything against players taking liberties with Stutzle.
Lots of picking and interference from the habs,that was missed also

Reactions: Cosmix

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

It’s a high stick where he split Gallagher open, why wouldn’t there be a call?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If the team was tired and had nothing to give, why the hell do you dress a 34 year old, slow as **** journeyman tough guy who is going to play only 5 minutes per game? Wouldn't you want to dress someone who can actually play, so you can distribute your ice-time a little more evenly? Such a waste.

Exactly ... I mean DJ does some things ok .. I guess.. but its decisions like this, keeping Gudbranson on the ice for the PK, the lineup choices early .. that really make you wonder where his head is at

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
Exactly ... I mean DJ does some things ok .. I guess.. but its decisions like this, keeping Gudbranson on the ice for the PK, the lineup choices early .. that really make you wonder where his head is at

Amen. Guddy has had a few rough outings and could use a reset. And the funny thing is Coburn has actually played well his past 2 games. Why not sit Gudbranson and use Brannstrom/Coburn as your 3rd pairing for a game or 2?

That said, I'm willing to be patient with DJ. This is his first head coaching gig and he's allowed an opportunity to grow with his young team too. Serenity now!

Speatleysson

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario

I'm getting a little annoyed as well with our players getting absolutely pinned (Brannstrom and Stutzle yesterday for example) with very little retaliation. A simple fight is not good enough here, we literally need one of our tough guys to hammer one of their stars through the ****** boards. Too many liberties against our up-and-coming stars with no repercussion.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That's the real heart of it, right there.

A guy who either makes the most money, or who the coach likes/trusts the most, will have that microscope on him. It's part of the game. And folks will talk about it.

And really, the same thing happens on all of the message boards on here. Not just Ottawa.
In all fandoms. All over the world. In terms of sports talk, Ottawa is no different than anywhere else.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
There was a tweet posted here last night that suggested DJ Smith told Gudbrandson to come off, but forgot to remove his mask, so nobody heard him or understood.

If that's the case, there's zero chance he going to bench Gudbrandson on Thursday.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Nobody played a noticeably bad game outside of the Gudbranson block of 5 minutes.

To be fair, nobody outside of Daccord played a noticeably good game either.
I thought Tierney was noticibly bad and on the flip side Reilly and Zub were really good.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I thought Tierney was noticibly bad and on the flip side Reilly and Zub were really good.
Rielly had his best game as a Sen last night I thought. I can’t really remember Tierny at all (wasn’t paying too much attention to be fair).

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Tierney I find is so hard to watch when you’re chasing a game.

but when you have the lead his savvy comes out.

he’s obviously slow and plays that laid back style. So you’re hoping for more get up and go when you’re behind. But then when you’re in the lead he will pick up the puck stroll with it. Somehow get by one guy. Turn back. Kill 20 seconds. It’s very strange. I like him.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Rielly had his best game as a Sen last night I thought. I can’t really remember Tierny at all (wasn’t paying too much attention to be fair).
He was so slow that he wasn’t able to be in the play offensively or defensively. At this point a lazy and disinterested Logan Brown would be an upgrade. Logan has a real shot here now. Norris and White are playing solid 2 way games so adding another kid to the centre ice position won’t be the same problem it would have been to start the season. All Logan had to do in the 5 AHL games is to compete. If he does that it won’t matter if he produces, he will be up with the big club for the rest of the year.

Typical Logan Brown disclaimer: IF HE STAYS HEALTHY

Reactions: topshelf15

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

That’s the goalie of the future right there.

Hell of a battler and character guy, he's going to be solid for us, super excited to have him and Murray as our tandem for next 3 years. They'll help push one another(Daccord's salary balances Murray's, could see Murray moved as well if struggles are notable after season or two).

Last edited:

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I've been a Tierney defender, but offensively he's just a black hole right now. People will say he's always been like that but its on a different level lately. Plays die on his stick right now for the most part.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Hell of a battler and character guy, he's going to be solid for us, super excited to have him and Murray as our tandem for next 3 years. They'll help push one another(Daccord's salary balances Murray's, could see Murray moved as well if struggles are notable after season or two).
Don’t think anyone is taking that murray contract unless he’s one of the best goalies in the nhl. And if that’s the case why would we trade him. Just a horrible deal.

Gotta think we protect daccord though.

Reactions: DrEasy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
One thing last night that pissed me off. And I don’t think guddy is at fault. When he has time. He never passes it over to brannstrom. He does the break out

Reactions: Emrasie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad