Post-Game Talk: Sens lose 3-1 to Habs

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Ouch
upload_2021-3-3_10-50-52.jpeg

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
The funny thing is that I'm pretty sure it would read the same comments even if the Sens had won the game. After every game win or lose its always the same negativity.

What are you even talking about? We only need to go back to last game and the post game thread where the vast majority of comments were positive.

It's almost like the fans on here react to how the team plays. Maybe, just maybe, they post feelings about what they see on the ice rather than some weird agenda that promotes the infallibility, or pure incompetence, of the franchise. Most people here are watching the games and commenting.

Reactions: DrEasy

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Just finished watching the whole game (in the background). Effort was there for the most part. Execution was not. I'll put that down to fatigue.

Daccord certainly looked like an NHL goalie, for one night at least.

Reactions: Cosmix and Emrasie

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Just met a Habs fan randomly on the Habs board... He said :

"Tkachuk did nothing all night tho.. He had like 4 weak shot attempts on net, not a hit, nothing. Batherson was very good for sure, but on sheer chances Kotkaniemi was all over the place, just a superior IQ player than Batherson whos flashy with skating but will never control the play like Kotkaniemi."

Of course I didn't agree so tried to end the conversation twice but then he proceeded to call me biased and sounding dumb... I basically said nothing lol. I even said KK had his best game I ever saw him play

Best to stay out of the main board I guess but at the same time, it's fascinating

Last edited:

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Two opposing players bumping as they are going off the ice at the end of a play is interference, is that a penalty? I didn't say it was a free for all, I'm talking about the context of the game and the play. I don't recall seeing this happen before, others are saying it has, I am now aware it's a possibility and will be looking forward to seeing this called against the team the Sens play in the future.

It's not interference if the puck's not live not live. If the player gets in the way of a timely line change on purpose then he will be penalized. If he does it in a way that causes injury, then he will be penalized.

You don't have carte blanche to crosscheck, high stick, board (see Turgeon and Hunter) or slash a player just because the puck went into your net.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
It's not interference if the puck's not live not live. If the player gets in the way of a timely line change on purpose then he will be penalized. If he does it in a way that causes injury, then he will be penalized.

You don't have carte blanche to crosscheck, high stick, board (see Turgeon and Hunter) or slash a player just because the puck went into your net.

Maybe that's the miscommunication here, the high-stick seemed inadvertent to me, but you are saying it was intentional? All of the things (tripping, interference etc.) I was referring to were unintentional things that can happen after the play, not targetted use of the stick or body.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Maybe that's the miscommunication here, the high-stick seemed inadvertent to me, but you are saying it was intentional? All of the things (tripping, interference etc.) I was referring to were unintentional things that can happen after the play, not targetted use of the stick or body.

If you're going to the bench and you whack a guy in the face (accidentally or on purpose) hard enough to split him open you're going to the box to feel shame.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

It's irrelevant if it was intentional or not, or before or after the whistle. A high stick is a high stick.

SENSational

Mar 26, 2004
Ottawa
Just met a Habs fan randomly on the Habs board... He said :

"Tkachuk did nothing all night tho.. He had like 4 weak shot attempts on net, not a hit, nothing. Batherson was very good for sure, but on sheer chances Kotkaniemi was all over the place, just a superior IQ player than Batherson whos flashy with skating but will never control the play like Kotkaniemi."

Of course I didn't agree so tried to end the conversation twice but then he proceeded to call me biased and sounding dumb... I basically said nothing lol. I even said KK had his best game I ever saw him play

Best to stay out of the main board I guess but at the same time, it's fascinating

KK will probably be a good player, but there's no way I would take him over any of our kids. They flat out missed out on Brady. We'll see how he does with the new coach but he's always been inconsistent in the NHL so far.

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
Amen. Guddy has had a few rough outings and could use a reset. And the funny thing is Coburn has actually played well his past 2 games. Why not sit Gudbranson and use Brannstrom/Coburn as your 3rd pairing for a game or 2?

That said, I'm willing to be patient with DJ. This is his first head coaching gig and he's allowed an opportunity to grow with his young team too. Serenity now!
Forget it, DJ will never play Brannstrom on the right.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
The Gallagher high stick...did anyone notice immediately after he scored that the ref was calling him for diving? I still didn't see much of a cut as he showed the ref his teeth...but I didn't see any missing teeth? For sure it was a 2, but not sure if it was a 4

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The funny thing is that I'm pretty sure it would read the same comments even if the Sens had won the game. After every game win or lose its always the same negativity.

The last few years of poor play has had a significant impact on posters' views.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I'm getting a little annoyed as well with our players getting absolutely pinned (Brannstrom and Stutzle yesterday for example) with very little retaliation. A simple fight is not good enough here, we literally need one of our tough guys to hammer one of their stars through the ****** boards. Too many liberties against our up-and-coming stars with no repercussion.

The team is lacking a true big tough intimidating guy. I cannot fathom why Dorion signed Haley. The other big guys are not policemen.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Thats not how it works whatsoever. Just because a play is dead doesn’t mean penalties can’t be assessed.

There are penalties called every day in the NHL after the whistle. If you trip up a guy going to the bench after the whistle you still get a penalty.If you cut a guy with a stick, it’s a double minor.

That was as clear a penalty as you can get.

Agreed. Remember this hit?

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad