GDT: Sens @ Leafs - Saturday- No Norris, No Problem

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I think it's pretty obvious the team doesn't have confidence in, or play hard for, Murray. Add in the missing guys and it equals a bad loss.
Yes let’s just keep blaming Murray. Murray sucks but so does this roster

the team is not good . It’s almost the same team as last year minus Dadanov which also was not good

I think we have seen this roster play enough games to know that we are a bottom 5 teams

don’t let wins with zero pressure cloud that

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Imagine Dorion going to see Uncle Eugene and asking for buyouts for White, Zaitsev, Murray, Del Zotto, etc...Melnyk would have a heart attack. Aren't we still paying Bobby Ryan after his buyout?
Lots of other teams just trade their bad signings!

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Yes let’s just keep blaming Murray. Murray sucks but so does this roster

the team is not good . It’s almost the same team as last year minus Dadanov which also was not good

I think we have seen this roster play enough games to know that we are a bottom 5 teams

don’t let wins with zero pressure cloud that
Yes but the team started playing some good hockey when they were healthy and got some very good goaltending. And it coincided with Murray not playing. Coincidence? I think not!

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Speaks highly of the leadership core of this team; picking and choosing how and when you'll show up to a game based on who's goaltending for you? Interesting strategy..
Well its a reality. Happens on most teams in many sports. Certain guys in key positions inspire teammates; others don't.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
36% percent on faceoffs tonight. Can't win if you never hold the puck

Batherson 0/1
C. Brown 2/5
Gambrell 1/7
Gaudette 3/0
Shaw 1/3
Stutzle 1/7
Tkachuk 3/5
Watson 0/1
Tierney 11/10

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Not sure who would want any of those I guys I mentioned at that price tag and term....maybe White but we would need to take back some bad contracts too
that's where you need to throw in a good prospect or draft pick to sweeten the pot.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Yes but the team started playing some good hockey when they were healthy and got some very good goaltending. And it coincided with Murray not playing. Coincidence? I think not!
forsberg covered up a lot of the poor play but it’s not sustainable

the roster just isn’t very good . We couldn’t even muster much offense tonight

Reactions: Bileur and Cosmix

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

Agree that it was not sustainable but Forsberg did calm the waters and the team started playing a better game with him in net.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yep ,there is nothing consistant about this team except it finishes in the basement and never wins 1OA....Even if we were to win,EM and PD would surround it with cheap garbage

Reactions: HSF and Cosmix

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Too many plugs, it's actually insane how many non factor players we've aquired over the past few years. Lots of bad luck this year, but nobody steps up in place of missing guys.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Too many plugs, it's actually insane how many non factor players we've aquired over the past few years. Lots of bad luck this year, but nobody steps up in place of missing guys.
What Del Zotto isnt good enough for u ????Lol such trash

Reactions: robsenz

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Another game, another example why it’s impossible for Murray to have decent stats; or any goalie that would backstop this joke of a NHL defense

Murray goals against

2 on 1 .. no chance
Breakaway
Wrap around where he was impeded
Breakaway

Can't blame him

It’s much easier to tell ourselves that it’s all because of one person’s fault rather than blame the whole organization. It’s basically what Dorion did recently with the Murray demotion

Personally I call that burying your head in the sand

Murray or not, this team continues to be a joke. Ownership, management and coaching among the worst in the league and this is the result. No veteran support, no depth, nothing. Like I said earlier this season, if our top 6-7 players aren’t firing on all cylinders, we’ll get beat pretty easily

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Before the game when they showed the roster, I said we have two AHL level lines. Looked like 4 AHL lines though for the entire game.

What I was most impressed with in tonight's broadcast was: Kelly Hrudey's suit and tie! Bravo Kelly!

PS: Looks like Keven Bieksa needs some wardrobe and shopping advice; his outfit looked like a Thrift store bargain. :)

Reactions: HSF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad