Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Leafs Feb 1. (7 p.m. Eastern)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
No roster changes please, except maybe SDC. He makes a smoothe play just often enough for me to not throw things at my TV whenever he gets taken off the puck or over skates it. I pray that Paulrus resists to urge to goon up and dress Kassian. He is not needed.

I am loving Gryba's newfound (reclaimed?) intensity, same with Cowen and Methot.

Those three make for pretty formidable opponents when they play with an edge, even though penalties are a risk.

Also really hoping for a rematch of the Zack Smith - Kadri troll fest.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
We got this one.

ScreenShot2013-11-06at60627PM_zps6656fe71.png

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm feeling good. Ottawa is due. They should have won the first two games...this one is theirs for sure.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Since acquiring Kassian our record against the leafs (including preseason):
- With Kassian - 5 losses
- Without Kassian - 1 win

Obviously MacLean will decide to play him tomorrow. :sarcasm:

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
If Phillips is healthy, this is not the game to put him back in. Keep the winning line up intact.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Also, only time we were able to beat Leafs in the past year was with Da Costa (and no Kassian) in the lineup.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
There is three guarantees you can bring to the bank for this game:
1) The clown trio of Hughson, Simpson and Healy will be calling the game.
2) The leafs will get more pps than us, especially if we are winning. Last game was an exception to the rule but the refs will find a way to give them way more pps than us this time.
3) The leafs will score the first goal.

Want to hear something scary folks? If you don't count Andy's debut, the last time we actually got the first goal vs the leafs was back in the 10/11 season. It was when Elliott shut them out 3-0. Fisher and Kovalev were beasts that game. I've lost count of how many times we've given up the first goal to them but it's easily in the double digits by now. Usually it's also early on or they get a pp early and cash in to get that first goal.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Also, since Dziurzynski incident, whenever there is a fight (5 games), we lose.
When we don't fight (1 game) we win.
So yeah, gooning up really helps against Toronto, let's do it again.

BigBush*

No to Kassian. It's been awesome watching Ottawa have a good 4th line

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Im ok with the Kaptain going in it allows all our centre to play centre. and Da Costa isn't really an offensive stud.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
No roster changes please, except maybe SDC. He makes a smoothe play just often enough for me to not throw things at my TV whenever he gets taken off the puck or over skates it. I pray that Paulrus resists to urge to goon up and dress Kassian. He is not needed.

I am loving Gryba's newfound (reclaimed?) intensity, same with Cowen and Methot.

Those three make for pretty formidable opponents when they play with an edge, even though penalties are a risk.

Also really hoping for a rematch of the Zack Smith - Kadri troll fest.

Those 3 guys have taken about 5 minors between them over the last 10 games. They're pretty good at being physical and staying out of the box.

Lundmark17

Mar 3, 2004
Can't wait for this game. I will be at the game with my girlfriend (she will be wearing a Domi jersey, I'm not impressed). This is a massive game. I just hope this group can show up and play the entire 60 minutes. It's a simple equation but the Sens best need to be better than the Leafs best. The Leafs big guns have burned us over the past few games, Kessel, Lupul and Kadri seem to always show up against us. I hate to put this on him but this is a game Spezza has to be our best player and produce.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Can't wait for this game. I will be at the game with my girlfriend (she will be wearing a Domi jersey, I'm not impressed). This is a massive game. I just hope this group can show up and play the entire 60 minutes. It's a simple equation but the Sens best need to be better than the Leafs best. The Leafs big guns have burned us over the past few games, Kessel, Lupul and Kadri seem to always show up against us. I hate to put this on him but this is a game Spezza has to be our best player and produce.

I think this is totally correct and fair, and if Spezza saw it I am pretty positive he would agree.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I was at the last home game. It was actually a really good one that the Sens fought back to force OT. It also had that ridiculous goal where Toronto bowled over Anderson and scored and it still counted.

On another note, I'd like to see Lehner get a start against Toronto. There's a situation where I think his hatred and energy could be harnessed for something good. He takes me as a guy who would refuse to lose to the Leafs.

Anderson has been average since his amazing debut against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad