GDT: Sens @ Kraken - Jan 4, 2024

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
There are four days off after this, where you all at? Don’t make me the new version of that dude that @Bear of Bad News shared with us who posted almost the entire thread (Please link here so I can save it, amazing stuff)

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Blame me. I moved house in June and barely watched TV (as it was boxed up until a few weeks ago). Mostly done with renovations and watching sports again, coinciding with the surge :D

Reactions: The Marquis

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Feels like we've really got our MOJO back. Coinciding with daccord starting and others getting healthy.

Slowly clawed back the massive hole to get into wild card contention
Thank goodness I’m not alone!

Definitely feeling like a solid team, but with a seriously worrying lack of top line scoring. Unreal, really.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Thank goodness I’m not alone!

Definitely feeling like a solid team, but with a seriously worrying lack of top line scoring. Unreal, really.
Wasn't it around now last year we got hot? Maybe slightly earlier

Would still like to see Matty get really hot with goals

Im hoping that burakovsky goal breaks the dam. Been a weird season for him so far

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Sorry, for some reason I thought this one was tomorrow…

Crazy to realize this was Bura’s first goal of the season.

Also…

IMG_0127.gif

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Looking at the upcoming schedule, there’s a serious amount of potential to keep the current steam going. Get to that Rangers game and we’re in a very good spot.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I think a lot of the city will get behind the kraken after next week post UW and Seahawks season and the kraken getting hot. The huskies unexpectedly making the natty for the first time since 91 is taking a lot of attention right now

Reactions: Kevinsane

Hocktopus

Jul 1, 2023
BC
Sorry, was out and about, but was constantly checking my phone for updates

Dunner with the empty netter

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
There are four days off after this, where you all at? Don’t make me the new version of that dude that @Bear of Bad News shared with us who posted almost the entire thread (Please link here so I can save it, amazing stuff)

Hey, until we start losing again, I ain't allowed here. :D

Speaking of which...that's ten! Great game by the boys.

I'll look for that thread in the a.m..

Reactions: wewantyoursoul

Hocktopus

Jul 1, 2023
BC
Too bad Joey lost the shutout near the end, also cost me some points in my hockey pool, lol!

Another big win with the long six-game road trip coming up!

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Another win and that's now a ten game(8-0-2) point streak for the boys.

Joey also with nearly another shutout while trying for that goalie goal.

The Kraken are currently at the #2 WC spot but have played more games than any other team.

Now the teams off for a six game road swing that starts in Buffalo and ends in Edmonton.
Hopefully the boys can add some more points during that stretch to stay in the hunt.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Catching highlights for this one...

Looks like D'Accord made some huge stops during the early 5-on-3 penalty kill early in the 1st. If the Senators manage to convert there, it's likely a very different game. Eye test, he looks very confident and assured in the net right now, the puck probably looks like a beach ball for him. Really do hope he's taken another step, and while he might be scorching hot right now that his "average" is still that of a solid NHL-level goaltender. EDIT : And he absolutely robs Stutzle in the 2nd...

I'd love to find monthly team statistics and see what the team shooting % was in say...October and November versus December and January. Anyone know where that could be found? Google is failing me and I dont see anything on Hockey Reference.

1704464038781.png

JelloPuddyPops

"Gotta support the team."
Oct 9, 2018
Pacific Northwest
I'd love to find monthly team statistics and see what the team shooting % was in say...October and November versus December and January. Anyone know where that could be found? Google is failing me and I dont see anything on Hockey Reference.
Go to the season Gamelogs on Hockey Reference and copy the lines into Excel... after a bit of formatting, you can then run formulas to slice and dice team stats by date or whatever filer you want to use. That's the easiest way to get those numbers.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
So glad seeing Joey looking so damn for real. It seems like a minor miracle after all we have been through with goalies. Such a difference maker.

Reactions: Toomany7pins

wewantyoursoul

Oct 14, 2021
Happy Valley, OR
Don't think this is a streak. This is the team we all expected to see from the get-go. I think they've turned the corner and got their mojo back. Keep this trajectory and this will be that "you don't want to play the Kraken" team we all saw the second half of last season and in the playoffs. That team is uber-fun to watch and pull for.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Catching highlights for this one...

Looks like D'Accord made some huge stops during the early 5-on-3 penalty kill early in the 1st. If the Senators manage to convert there, it's likely a very different game. Eye test, he looks very confident and assured in the net right now, the puck probably looks like a beach ball for him. Really do hope he's taken another step, and while he might be scorching hot right now that his "average" is still that of a solid NHL-level goaltender. EDIT : And he absolutely robs Stutzle in the 2nd...

View attachment 796393
Looks like Team Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick lets you filter based on date ranges, that may work for you.

• Love
Reactions: Fuhrious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad