Low Effort GDT Sens @ Kraken - 10PM - TSN5 - The Too Late Show

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
I get that it is hard to get up for every game late in the season when you are already out of the playoff hunt and basically playing out the season.

But what are we going to do make sure games like this do not happen next season? Too many low effort type games scattered throughout the season this year.
This is why any celebration over these late season wins are ill-advisable in my opinion.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I get that it is hard to get up for every game late in the season when you are already out of the playoff hunt and basically playing out the season.

But what are we going to do make sure games like this do not happen next season? Too many low effort type games scattered throughout the season this year.
No one plays 82 games revving on top gear

Reactions: bert

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
One win can be the difference between drafting Tyler Boucher and several players who look to be future stars (Clarke, Eklund, Guenther).
I really hope we'd have taken one of them, but had we drafted 11th instead of 10th, you'd probably have been the saying the same thing wrt Sillinger.

Reactions: bert

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
That was one of the worst games I've seen them play in a long time. Completely uninspired, no support. Was awful to watch.
Ya, for most of the 2nd period, they were decent. But, they were pretty sluggish for a good chunk of the game. Forsberg made a lot of really good saves. The Senators took too many penalties as well which hurt them.

Hoping for the unlikely scenario where New Jersey and Chicago get on a roll and win most of their remaining games. Of course, Senators need to lose as well.

Reactions: Cosmix and bert

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
They looked like what they were - a tired team that had just flown across the continent after a high intensity game against a key rival. Their energy level was at about zero. Meanwhile, the rink in Seattle was jumping due to the presence of Beast Mode and Macklemore, and the big announcement earlier in the day of them joining the ownership group. (My guess is that it is just a symbolic, very small piece, but that's all that matters.) The Kraken were clearly feeding off that energy.

If I'm the Canucks, I'm wishing Ottawa won last night. Our depth might be lousy but this is a pretty proud group, and the last time Brady stunk the place out vs the Rangers he responded with a two goal, three point night.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Well, one of our recent random wins has us drafting in the 7th slot/odds vs 5th slot/odds … it’s a huge difference
Finishing 5th you are most likely to pick 6th
Finishing 6th you are most likely to pick 7th
Finishing 7th you are most likely to pick 7th

Not as big a difference as you would think

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I really hope we'd have taken one of them, but had we drafted 11th instead of 10th, you'd probably have been the saying the same thing wrt Sillinger.
I’d think Sillinger would be posting better numbers in the WHL than Gauthier by quite a bit. He’d be in the midst of a 50+g-50+a season.

I was “fine” with winning games last year because I thought that guys like Sillinger, Lambos and Bolduc were similar level prospects as Clarke, Gauthier, Johnson and Eklund, and had we picked one of them I wouldn’t be upset right now.

It’s that we made a gigantic reach for a player that really should never have been reached for at any point in the draft, especially that high, with so many good players available.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
We can't even be certain that they had Boucher ranked higher than 10. We could very well have drafted him even if we landed in the 8 or 9 spot.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Well, I expect Dorion to bring in some vets! :)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad