Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Isles (Dec. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
We have had good contributions from our third and fourth lines. Our third line, the "kid" line has produced good numbers through the first quarter of the season. Brock Nelson has put up 20 points, and Ryan Strome, after starting off the year a bit slow has come around and has 17 points thus far.

Speaking of Strome, how has Zibanejad played for you guys? He was taken right after Strome in the 2011 draft.

Yeah... We're well aware of that :cry:

Zibby has been up and down, hopefully he's just being a slow starter turning into a legitimate power forward type. But we'll see

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
We have had good contributions from our third and fourth lines. Our third line, the "kid" line has produced good numbers through the first quarter of the season. Brock Nelson has put up 20 points, and Ryan Strome, after starting off the year a bit slow has come around and has 17 points thus far.

Speaking of Strome, how has Zibanejad played for you guys? He was taken right after Strome in the 2011 draft.

Uh-oh, where Cujomi? Zib has been hit and miss, some games he looked pretty dominant, others he has looked really bad. Part of being a young player I suppose. I always liked your team, and having been to Nassau it's actually my favorite arena in the league. The sight lines are spectacular, I couldn't care less about the fluff that goes in an arena, like when am I ever going to use a luxury box? I'm kinda sad your guys are moving into an arena where I bet the sight lines are terrible for hockey. Plus every time I went a game Isles fans were really cool. Ranger fans? Not so much. /buttkissingsession

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Heading into the season I figured the Islanders were another bubble team. It is still early on, but they sure do look strong at the moment.

I expect a tough game.

I've managed to watch a few of their games and even when they lost they looked very good

I don't think we stand much of a chance honestly

Karlsson2Turris*

Zibanejad is the definition of a scrub

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Another isles fan comes in and talks about how strong his team is. :laugh:

My god, most of us don't care.

It honestly feels like your mocking us right now.

???

That's not how I'm interpreting the Isles fans comments, I think he was genuinely trying to inform "God Says No" and the Sens board in general about our team.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
My goodness we're an awfully prickly bunch today aren't we. These aren't Blues fans!

Mutual pre-game talk is good for the soul!

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I think I started this thing. I was expecting way better numbers from their top 6. We know JT is money, but playing Kulemin on the top line? Grabovski with only 4 goals?

Obviously I'm missing something. Halak has good numbers, so maybe that's it.

JT's gotten off to a really slow start, which sounds borderline homerish to say because he's a point under PPG right now.

Kulemin on the top line isn't a permanent marriage, but he provides a strong defensive game to a line that quite frankly needs it and he's as strong as a bull along the wall and on the puck.

A Grabovski-Nielsen-Kulemin second line was together for a few games and showed great chemistry, and but the top line was absolutely invisible with Bailey on it other than a few shifts so Cappy decided to spread the top six out. He's shown zero interest in breaking up the Lee-Nelson-Strome line and the fourth line is, well the fourth line.

The Grabovski-Nielsen-Bailey line has gone cold over the past week or so though, so we could potentially see the lines mixed up depending on how the game is going.

Regarding Grabovski's goal total, all of our forward lines play over ten minutes a game and he's on the second powerplay unit which gets about 30-45 second a powerplay, if that.

dok101

Jan 2, 2006
New York
Zibby has been up and down, hopefully he's just being a slow starter turning into a legitimate power forward type. But we'll see

From the games that I watched of him last year, I definitely saw some potential in the kid. I hope he works out for you guys.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Zib is coming back from a being a healthy scratch in the games before last. Team wanted him to start dictating more instead of just looking for the easy play. Missed the Tampa game myself but I hear that MacLean was happy with his response.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Beiber is Anderson. All the guys shooting are the Islander players shooting pucks at him.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I care.

They're being quite polite about it. I see no problem with them discussing their team prior to the game. I'm sure someone from our board is over there talking about how we're the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever did suck.

My issue with Blues fans is how high and mighty they were DURING the game discussing how much we complained about officials (which was rich as two horrid calls negated two goals in a two goal game). I thought it was rich that they were bragging as they've never won a dang thing. At least the Isles had a dynasty in the 80s. Their fans have been thru the wringer too. I'm happy that they're finally putting it all together.

And Tavares rules.

Yes thank you. Nothing like blues fans and what dont people like about there lines? What were people expecting........

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Yes we know haha so close to getting him.... Damnit!

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Ive never seen this many Isles fans, just goes to show how everyone comes out when the team is good.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Ottawa usually play better against good teams, than against bad.

Without Ryan we can also count on intensity from all lines:yo:;)

Stone Valley

A State of Trance
Jan 19, 2010
Ottawa
www.youtube.com
we always beat the islanders... except this year looks different.. they look kinda scary.. but not like crazy scary.. I still feel the islanders are a weak team, maybe that is because I grew up watching them (and by grew up I mean 2004-2013) play poorly every year.

I want to say Ottawa wins this 4-2, but with the way the sens have been playing and the way the isles have been playing, I am going to say 4-2 for Isles. Prove me wrong sens!

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Yes thank you. Nothing like blues fans and what dont people like about there lines? What were people expecting........

They don't watch other teams. That's why they think our guys are so good. They have nothing to compare it to except for their beer leagues.

hunter7isles

Feb 22, 2007
I think I started this thing. I was expecting way better numbers from their top 6. We know JT is money, but playing Kulemin on the top line? Grabovski with only 4 goals?

Obviously I'm missing something. Halak has good numbers, so maybe that's it.

Essentially, our second line functions more like a checking 3rd line with some offensive contributions added and our 3rd line functions more like a 2nd line. Switch the productions numbers with the two lines and you have your answer. We are tied for 6th in the league in goals per game. The production is there. No mirage. Halak has been awesome. Chad Johnson, the opposite... More Blues hatred can pursue with the mention of the former Blues player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad