Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Winnipeg, Wednesday 8:00 pm on TSN

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I thought ceci was bad. But I thought claessen was equally lacking. FOr the first time. Claessen is could at making a play behind his goal line and against the boards though. Ceci doesn't do much there.

I hate this new site.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Turris is nothing special. He is the least talented of our "star" players. The guy was getting outmuscled by Petan for the love of God.

We needa trade him while we still can

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Turris is nothing special. He is the least talented of our "star" players. The guy was getting outmuscled by Petan for the love of God.

Whatever he is if he's not there it's a huge hole. I've said for a while he may be the rare exception that continues to get better as he ages. Metabolism slows a tad. Able to put on that extra 5 -10 pounds.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Thats what Oduya looks like against NHL competition. This is not something new he is old and slow thats why he signed for 1 million two months after free agency. There is no way he is a better option than having Wideman play and Chabot on his proper side.

Boro is not an NHL player, so many terrible blunders. No idea where to go in his zone, follows the puck then ignores it its really bad. If he plays over anyone then the coachs arent watching film.

Claesson was also playing out of position, between him and Phaneuf there isnt enough speed on the back end for puck retreival. I really did think that Ceci had a good game all things considered, he got the team out of the zone more than any other D man. Had a great clear on the pk that might have ended up in the net.

Id like to see Chabot play his natural position when the speeds ramps up, its hard enough making the nhl as a rookie d man playing your wrong side isnt making it any easier.

Dzingel's speed was fantastic, thought Pyatt was solid I dont think Thompson was that bad. Formenton Thompson Pyatt had more sustainted zone time then any other line. Thats good and bad I guess, thought Turris looked like a passenger he looked slow going through the motions. I hope for his sake he wasnt 'trying due to pre season' he isnt physically imposing and its a long season so if he was going through the motions im fine with it.

Pageau was unlucky with the goal that went off his shin pad he did the right thing and got into the lane. Wasnt his best game but I dont think he dials it up until it counts and it has nothing to do about choice for him thats just the way he is.

Stone looks like the old Stone dominant offensively, terrible selfish penalty at the end though. He needs to be better than that. Doesnt set a good example for the young guys.

Formenton what can you say... He needs to be sent down for his development but man he can play. Just shows they need to find a guy on waivers not enough depth upfront right now.

Brown looked good, still think he needs to get stronger and faster but the end game is tantilizing his vision and puck skills are tremendous.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Thats what Oduya looks like against NHL competition. This is not something new he is old and slow thats why he signed for 1 million two months after free agency. There is no way he is a better option than having Wideman play and Chabot on his proper side.

Boro is not an NHL player, so many terrible blunders. No idea where to go in his zone, follows the puck then ignores it its really bad. If he plays over anyone then the coachs arent watching film.

Claesson was also playing out of position, between him and Phaneuf there isnt enough speed on the back end for puck retreival. I really did think that Ceci had a good game all things considered, he got the team out of the zone more than any other D man. Had a great clear on the pk that might have ended up in the net.

Id like to see Chabot play his natural position when the speeds ramps up, its hard enough making the nhl as a rookie d man playing your wrong side isnt making it any easier.

Dzingel's speed was fantastic, thought Pyatt was solid I dont think Thompson was that bad. Formenton Thompson Pyatt had more sustainted zone time then any other line. Thats good and bad I guess, thought Turris looked like a passenger he looked slow going through the motions. I hope for his sake he wasnt 'trying due to pre season' he isnt physically imposing and its a long season so if he was going through the motions im fine with it.

Pageau was unlucky with the goal that went off his shin pad he did the right thing and got into the lane. Wasnt his best game but I dont think he dials it up until it counts and it has nothing to do about choice for him thats just the way he is.

Stone looks like the old Stone dominant offensively, terrible selfish penalty at the end though. He needs to be better than that. Doesnt set a good example for the young guys.

Formenton what can you say... He needs to be sent down for his development but man he can play. Just shows they need to find a guy on waivers not enough depth upfront right now.

Brown looked good, still think he needs to get stronger and faster but the end game is tantilizing his vision and puck skills are tremendous.

Good summary. Some good observations. I thought Thompson played alright as well. He had some good moments. I like him much more than Kelly

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Claesson has to be waived in order to be sent to the minors. Harpur and Chabot are our only two waiver exempt defenders left on the roster. If both of them make our team, I'd imagine we'd explore trading the last man in the depth chart whether that's Borowiecki, Wideman, or Claesson before waiving them. The team is apparently talking an extension with Borowiecki, so I doubt we'd get rid of him.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
I'm hoping Boro starts making simple plays again because he didn't look this bad last season. Boucher has said time and time again that the best players play, so regardless of management's attachment to Boro he won't be playing if he continues to look this bad.

I think Stone's selfish penalty was actually warranted because it's pre-season and he hates the Jets.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I wish we had a few more players like Dzingel and Formention. Despite Dzingel slowing down as the season went on his speeds causes chaos in the offensive zone and breaks down defenses. I wish we had a few cheap bottom 6ers that could bring some of that speed. I don't think Thompson, Pyatt, Burrows, Mccormick and even pageau bring enough speed

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

In today's head-scratching opinions.....

Turris might not be elite, but he's the cog that gets the machine going, and we shouldn't trade him unless he can't be re-signed.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I'm hoping Boro starts making simple plays again because he didn't look this bad last season. Boucher has said time and time again that the best players play, so regardless of management's attachment to Boro he won't be playing if he continues to look this bad.

I think Stone's selfish penalty was actually warranted because it's pre-season and he hates the Jets.
He shouldn't be playing at all. Best case scenario is he is a filler for injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad