Pre-Game Talk: SENS in the little Apple (Toronto), Wednesday night 7pm

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I don't think I've ever seen this group of players more confident, happy and cheerful going into a game, and I genuinely don't know how to interpret and what to think of it.
Is it just the usual 'fake it until you make it', or is it similar to a guy who is going to jump off a cliff and whose last action is to hysterically laugh about anything and himself?

Let's find out today at 1pm!
What happens at 1pm

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
1699463896838.png

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I don't think I've ever seen this group of players more confident, happy and cheerful going into a game, and I genuinely don't know how to interpret and what to think of it.
Is it just the usual 'fake it until you make it', or is it similar to a guy who is going to jump off a cliff and whose last action is to hysterically laugh about anything and himself?

Let's find out today at 1pm!

I don't think they've gotten out of the "rebuilding" emotional phase as they are apparently just happy to be playing regardless of results. Lack of accountability will do that.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
The thing with slumps is that usually teams start playing better towards the end even when they lose. Our last two games have been like the worst two games of the season when you don't look at the score. Throw the Pittsburgh game in there too.

Reactions: Alex1234

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
The thing with slumps is that usually teams start playing better towards the end even when they lose. Our last two games have been like the worst two games of the season when you don't look at the score. Throw the Pittsburgh game in there too.

My gut says we're going to play well, but lose tonight (maybe in OT), then win the next two before Sweden.

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
I could see a really strong game from an Ottawa team who comes out really motivated and takes home two points in a tight game.

I could also see a disaster, Mathews hattrick, Reeves destroying and injuring one of our top players followed by Brady and Reeves both being ejected after a big fight. Mcewen being beat up by Domi and Toronto taking a dominant victory.

Praying for the first scenario!

Masterplan

May 9, 2022
What you are going to see is: the Leafs jump out to a 4-0 first period, then in the 2nd the Sens will get two goals only to give up a bad power play goal with a minute left, then we'll make it 5-4 only to give up two empty netters for a 7-5L, and you'll like it.

DJ telling us how hard the guys are working will be the cherry on top.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
What you are going to see is: the Leafs jump out to a 4-0 first period, then in the 2nd the Sens will get two goals only to give up a bad power play goal with a minute left, then we'll make it 5-4 only to give up two empty netters for a 7-5L, and you'll like it.

DJ telling us how hard the guys are working will be the cherry on top.
You forgot the adversity part

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Each one more mediocre than the next. Pick your poison I guess
I think it’s time to give other guys like those 3 more of an opportunity. Jbd isn’t helping and we need help. Even a tiny little spark of something here and there is fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad