Pre-Game Talk: SENS in the City of Brotherly Love (Philly) Tuesday 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Flyers have scored 55 goals and allowed 59.

They can score. Their PP% is 2nd at 29.3%

Hopefully we get the monkey off with a few goals in this one. We have to stay out of the box as well.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
image.png

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Seems like we will see Ryan back with Turris

Also, Anderson in, Methot should be available

Edit:

My guess at the lines:

Dzingel-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Brassard-Stone
Smith-Pageau-Pyatt
Puempel*-Kelly-Neil

Meth-Karl
Pha9-Ceci
Boro-Wideman

* might see Puempel out in favour of 7 D (Claesson)

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I would be ok with Claesson sitting one out. His past few games he hasn't played well.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Seems like we will see Ryan back with Turris

Also, Anderson in, Methot should be available

Edit:

My guess at the lines:

Dzingel-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Brassard-Stone
Smith-Pageau-Pyatt
Puempel*-Kelly-Neil

Meth-Karl
Pha9-Ceci
Boro-Wideman

* might see Puempel out in favour of 7 D (Claesson)

I really like those lines.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I would be ok with Claesson sitting one out. His past few games he hasn't played well.

I think he'd look better with Wideman (potentially better than Boro does), but I don't think he's shown enough to push Boro out of the lineup yet.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
If Ryan sucks with Turris I wonder what Dorion's patience will look like.

I also wonder if Lazar gets called up before Christmas.

Even at last year's level, he gives us nice options. If he's even better I like the way our team looks a lot. He seems to suit Boucher's system neatly as well.

Other note: Neil is 13 games away from 1000.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I think he'd look better with Wideman (potentially better than Boro does), but I don't think he's shown enough to push Boro out of the lineup yet.

Agreed. I was hoping Claesson would take the bull by the horns as he's capable of, but he's been really underwhelming. Especially with the puck. I think partly it was playing on his off side, but still.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
The coach said they just recently started focusing on Ozone and PP. Also it's not his fault their passing sucks.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
this is the game where our pp and scoring should break out

but then again when is the last time the sens did something that should have happened?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

More scary data. Hopefully their focus on the offensive zone helps

I wonder where he's getting his data from, it's obviously not the usual sources like Corsica, or what not. My best guess is Sportlogiq.

I also would like to know how he means by have trouble gaining the zone; is he talking about the raw number of entries, or success rate per attempt? In my viewings, zone entry really hasn't been the problem, thought I've missed a few games.

I'd also be curious to see if there are any correlations between the very specific stats he chose, and teams PP success in a much bigger sample.

For what it's worth, Corsica has in in the middle of the pack in expected goals per 60, which uses data on shot type, angle, location, and a number of other things.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
One thing I agree with from those stat tweets, the passing has been TERRIBLE. I get so frustrated watching it. I think at this point I'd rather they drive a shot into a defenceman's shinpads than watch that circus anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad