Post-Game Talk: SENS in Philly, Tues. 7:00 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Sens will be tired from all the resting IMO.

I would hope they're practising some too. Rest is good and all, but they clearly still have things they need to work on, especially with our best shutdown d-man out for the foreseeable future.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I don't know what to expect this game. All i know is the Sens won't score many goals.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
You can't practice PP in practice, it has to be live game situation with bullets flying. Our s****y PP is only 17.7% compared to other contenders in our Division over 20%. Boucher had better fix it...and FAST. He's only got a few games left to build in some "down low" wrinkles and find the right mix of players. (Hello Ryan & Claesson).

Boucher should pay attention to Flyers PP tonite...they actually move their feet!

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
You can't practice PP in practice, it has to be live game situation with bullets flying. Our s****y PP is only 17.7% compared to other contenders in our Division over 20%. Boucher had better fix it...and FAST. He's only got a few games left to build in some "down low" wrinkles and find the right mix of players. (Hello Ryan & Claesson).

Boucher should pay attention to Flyers PP tonite...they actually move their feet!

It's not just the failure to score, it's the huge buzzkill. Sens can be flying, dominating, frustrating every opposition rush and turning the flow right back in their faces. Then they get a PP, slow it down, fumble the puck away, make lame passes that get picked off, and give up more shots than they can generate. Suddenly, all the momentum is shifted the other way.
I can't see how just attacking on the rush, blasting away and storming the net can work any worse than what they've been doing.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Just so we're clear here, the difference between our crappy PP and having a >20% PP is 6 goals over 74 games or roughly 1 goal every 12 games, and that would bump us from 23rd in the league to 11th. Don't get me wrong, the momentum killing zone entry fails, and allowing chances against needs to stop, but 17.7% conversion rate isn't an issue..

edit: Also, wrt not being able to practice PP other than in games; I think our biggest issue is the inconsistent zone entries. That's something I think we can work on. There are tons of effective zone entry strategies being used, we can look around the league and pick one that suits our personnel and there you go; be it the sling shot play, dump and chase, or whatever. give the guys a couple options to chose from depending on how they defend, and make sure everyone is on the same page.

Last edited:

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Just so we're clear here, the difference between our crappy PP and having a >20% PP is 6 goals over 74 games or roughly 1 goal every 12 games, and that would bump us from 23rd in the league to 11th. Don't get me wrong, the momentum killing zone entry fails, and allowing chances against needs to stop, but 17.7% conversion rate isn't an issue.

The problem with our PP is it's just so complete hit or miss.

Sometimes they work the umbrella perfectly and wire home a one timer like they're supposed to. The other times it just looks sosososo bad.

That being said, our conversion percentage isn't as bad as people make it sound. it's clouded by how bad it actually looks (difference between stats and the eye test on this one)

SidDuhSloth

Sep 12, 2015
Put Smith on the powerplay.
Play Claesson more.
Tell Karlsson to shoot the puck or he is benched.

These 3 things will win us the cup, not just this game.

Trust me, I have seen the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad