Post-Game Talk: SENS in NY (In the Isles) Tonight 7:00 pm on SportsNet - Jay-Z Edition

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
These GDTs were declining in participation well before this team looked as though the playoffs were a longshot. I mean, how many people have even been bothered to make proper GDTs this season? Sure, it's a low post count now, but it's been this way for a while now. Maybe not this bad, but almost. We used to regularly have a 2nd thread on every GDT. Now we can't even get half of that on a good day.

The quality at HFSens is at an all time low. GDTs are unbearable. Most threads are just the same 6 people talking louder than the rest, and the rest have decided it's not worth their time anymore.

Sometimes it even feels like just 2 people signing in from different accounts talking to each other or themselves.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Ill never understand why people torched Michalek around here, and still do. Guy did a little bit of everything. Its no coincidence that the team started winning more when he came back, and struggled again when he went back out. His injuries were tough to swallow, but when he played he was solid.

Could sub into the top 6, an optimal third liner. Had a bit of the veteran status to his contract, but he wasn't grossly overpaid.

I dunno . . the group think around here sometimes .. .

He had consistency issues too. He could really go dry for long stretches. He was a good 2 way player though. My main issue was his contract, but the injuries and consitency were troubling as well.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
THis is the new Phillips pointing thing. SOmething that dosn't mean much of anything, but people will just keep shouting out in an attempt to slag him. And on and on it goes

K but ease up for a second. He does fall down a truck load amount of times.
Don't answer right away.

Un-wind. Sit back. Unclench. And now answer.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I think I've only missed 5-6 games so far this year. I turned this one off after it was 3-0.

I literally chose to do chores over watching the Sens. Got the kitchen cleaned, 2 loads of laundry done, took out the garbage and talked with my neighbours about someone pulling mail out of our mailboxes.

Felt much better than watching the game.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Maybe....but it's still possible to watch the game without jumping in here to comment. I've been doing that a lot more lately, others probably are, as well.

Same here for the most part! I still watch the games but have pretty much lost interest in commenting on here except for that one GDT where there was like four people participating for a little bit a month ago. That was the funnest GDT of the year.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
It's kind of funny: for once that we have a Canadian team in the playoffs in both MLB and NBA, we manage to not place a single one in NHL.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Awe come on, no need to jump all over each other's backs people. The GDTs are less busy because the team sucks, simple as that. Those of us who still post in them are just a bit masochistic is all.

Ok, there's definitely a few idiots around too, but what can ya do....

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
A lot of the trouble seems to be coming from accounts made this year (mostly March, a few in February). Not all of the newbie posters, of course. But it certainly feels, by the way some "newbies" talked right away and coming in with a clear agenda, that several of them have more than one account in here, and are doing this to make it look like more people agree to their bizarre mutiny.

Last edited by a moderator:

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I don't even watch the games now. Sad but true. I will check my phone, look at the score and sigh.
Checking on the Sens is about as much fun as opening a Hydro bill. I'm always asking myself "How can it possibly be this bad? And I don't understand wtf a delivery charge is? What system are they playing?" and so on. Same emotional response.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I don't even watch the games now. Sad but true. I will check my phone, look at the score and sigh.
Checking on the Sens is about as much fun as opening a Hydro bill. I'm always asking myself "How can it possibly be this bad? And I don't understand wtf a delivery charge is? What system are they playing?" and so on. Same emotional response.

I call my electric bill a hydro bill here in the U.S. because a hydro bill sounds way more mystical and unique. So that's kinda fun.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Watching the NYI last night ,is more than enough proof rebuilding and finishing in the basement for almost a decade to become a bubble team.Is proof trying to rush being a contender isnt something we should do .Our window will open when the team has developed the right mix ,not before .Trying to force things gets you were the NYI are now.Good but nothing special:nod:

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
Didn't really bother to watch the game, but I did (unfortunately) catch the pre-game on Sportsnet. God damnit. I know Kypreos and MacLean are morons, but last night was brutal.

Actually claiming that the Sens aren't happy with Stone's game and that he's not good defensively...wtf is that...

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Didn't really bother to watch the game, but I did (unfortunately) catch the pre-game on Sportsnet. God damnit. I know Kypreos and MacLean are morons, but last night was brutal.

Actually claiming that the Sens aren't happy with Stone's game and that he's not good defensively...wtf is that...
Thinking they mistaken the one that wore a letter ,with the one that is more interested in staring down our coach than playing defense:laugh:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Thinking they mistaken the one that wore a letter ,with the one that is more interested in staring down our coach than playing defense:laugh:

Yeah I have to assume Maclean meant Ryan and not stone.
Although they did go on a while about how karlsson has to be better.:dunno:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Bobby Ryan is just floating around the ice, leisurely swiping his stick at the puck as players pass him by. Either that or he is busy falling down for no reason. Trade him, a player that inconsistent is only going to depreciate each year with 7 million per for the next half a decade.

Hoffman is either lacking confidence or has become Bobby Ryan 2.0.

I loved it when Lazar got "injured" and the commentators were saying how devastating a loss that would be for the sens! LOL ya we really need a fourth line plug to either miss the net or shoot the puck right at the goalie. 6 goals on the year?

Stone is going to win the Selke eventually, the guy is unreal.

LOL Bobby needs to get his skates sharpened, his bails are coming more and more frequently lately. Honestly looks like he can no longer make a tight turn, what did he ever do to the trainers?

My friends and I have an on going joke that he is skating on roller blades, really helps to lighten the mood when watching the game. Instead of his wild falls being infuriating they are hysterical. Its especially funny when he yard sales and loses a glove/ his stick.

This was the first game of the year I was legitimately free and didnt atleast have the game on in the background. The girlfriend made a good point the season is over, plus I cant make her watch the games anymore as I have no leverage because the bachelor is now over.

Happy to see Prince had a nice assist god damn it that must have felt good.

Stone and Karlsson carrying the team again big suprise. Mark Stone is the best, and atleast we have these two players that are worth the price of admission.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Hail Hydro!
Thanl god for Daulton ,and Wynn :handclap:Such mismanagement ,and we are stuck paying the bill for their stupidity .Quebec Hydro is much larger ,produces more power .And spends almost half on their workforce ,which is actually smaller.The liberals need to be thrown out of ontario ,Patrick Brown ,will be the next Premier then the next prime minister:handclap:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Awe come on, no need to jump all over each other's backs people. The GDTs are less busy because the team sucks, simple as that. Those of us who still post in them are just a bit masochistic is all.

Ok, there's definitely a few idiots around too, but what can ya do....

Fizzling out with the team.

There are all kinds of posters... Some have been around longer than others. Some are very articulate, some are quite intelligent, some don't seem that way, some really know hockey and make really good comments most of the time, some criticize almost anything, some are pretty funny, some think you need to score goals to be an effective NHLer, some like big players, some like skilled players, some like grinders, some like young players, some like grizzled vets, some like the Sens management, some don't like anything about Sens Management, some like the team the way it is, some think there need to be changes... .. all kinds of people and varied opinions... That is the nature... Yes sometimes posts can be annoying, and inflammatory, but really , who is any one of us to judge.

Its a public board and that should be expected. When someone makes a comment about the reduced participation , or the quality of the posters and then we see other posters immediately jumping to that side of the fence to be with the right and strong ... it's pretty hilarious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad