Pre-Game Talk: SENS in NJ, tonight 7:00 pm on TSN

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm thinking our 3rd period letdowns are just slightly related to the icetime distribution.

I've been saying that for a while. Shortening the bench means less energy, means dumping the puck instead of attacking, means constant pressure against us, means tiring out the defenders even more.

Hard to fault Boucher for shortening the bench with all of Dido, McCormick, and Chlapik in the lineup, but even considering that, I think he needs to get more mileage out of the kids if he wants to continue to be successful.

Going to be hard to play a fast team like NJD on the back end of a back to back where we shortened the bench so much last game, and can probably expect to do so again, all the while as the team fights a flu bug.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The Sens are coming in on one wing and a prayer for this game. Missing MacArthur, Ryan, Turris and Smith; second game in two nights; opponent well rested and lying in wait; flu bug going around. A rationale man says a Loss is likely.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
They're coming off a week break.

We're coming off a big win, but have to fly to NJ.

All signs point to an L. So we probably win in a SO or something nuts.

Just win.

Actually, the 5 day break usually leads to a loss, I recall reading last year at some point in the season that nearly 80% of teams coming off of their 5 day break lost.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Will Boucher be using a different 3 players tonight than he did last night to keep them fresh

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
win tonight and we move ahead of the 2018 Stanley cup Champs in the standings

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Fully expect a SENS Win. A week off, is hard on a team!

Oh, and just over 7 1/2 hours to g0 :popcorn:
You're right
Probleme is 3rd game in 4 nights and missing 4 top 6 might be tougher
Karlsson Stone Hoff and Brass have to come up big and Condo needs to redeem himself and steal that one for us
We can relax after that one with MTL on monday:D:D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad