Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Montreal, Sunday 1:00pm on SportsNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Karlsson is crap. Floating all over the ice. You don't want to be here fine.. Warm the bench... Terrible message to the rest of the team.

Reactions: Cosmix

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Trade Karl. No really. Go ahead and trade him.
Stone new captain
I don't blame him for being pissed at the organization. They have been horrible to his friends while he's been here

Reactions: BuckyDornster

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Ceci And phaneuf are no ****ing good together. Like neither of them are good enough to do what the other needs them to to do.

Ceci has looked better with just about any other partner... Phaneuf is ok if he doesn't have to move outside a 5 foot circle... Whenever the puck is reversed to his side its as good as turned over

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ceci has looked better with just about any other partner... Phaneuf is ok if he doesn't have to move outside a 5 foot circle... Whenever the puck is reversed to his side its as good as turned over
Well that’s the thing. Phaneuf needs a guy cover a bunch of space effectively for him because he can’t. Ceci can’t. And ceci needs a reliable puck mover as an outlet for him. And phaneuf isn’t.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Maybe he wants, but not with this coach.
He's the captain, bad coach or good coach you have to show some fight and push back.. The last goal wasn't a bad foot culprit.. That was I'll just slap my stick, stop playing and pout afterwards mistake...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well that’s the thing. Phaneuf needs a guy cover a bunch of space effectively for him because he can’t. Ceci can’t. And ceci needs a reliable puck mover as an outlet for him. And phaneuf isn’t.

We don't have many quick reliable puck movers back there

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Another coach is exactly what he needs, I'm sure we will find one he likes eventually...
In some other city... We all know he is a great player... but ... so many games this year he looks like one of those long haired guys who didn't play much organized hockey and came out for pick up that had surprisingly good skills and you always thought could be better if he actually played.

Reactions: Cosmix and Icelevel

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
The second period used to be the worst period for the Sens then switched to the 3rd.Lets hope thats not the case today.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Man the system we’re playing in the D zone is so damn pathetic. I can’t believe an NHL coach and the management doesn’t see it. Everyone static, 2000 shots from the point.

It’s embarassing

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Easy solution would be:

Phaneuf-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Maybe so but Smith looks good doing nothing
And he's nice ... I thought it was really nice of him not to flatten Hudon when Hudon had no stick and was playing the puck from deep in the Ottawa end to the point with his skate.

The announcer said something like no tick no problem.. I thought no stick , no hit , no problem

Reactions: Cosmix and Icelevel

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
And he's nice ... I thought it was really nice of him not to flatten Hudon when Hudon had no stick and was playing the puck from deep in the Ottawa end to the point with his skate.

The announcer said something like no tick no problem.. I thought no stick , no hit , no problem

Yes Smith mostly soft rubs guys now. I thought it was because he had shoulder issues but it's been long enough now so that shouldn't still be the problem. Maybe he doesn't want to fight after a clean hit and except for Boro there is no one to cover his back on this team but he's not the physical guy he used to be.

edit:
I also recall he had a busted thumb for a while but that too should be healed and shouldn't affect his ability to make a hit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad