Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Detroit, Wed, Jan 3, 7:30 pm on SportsNet

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If curtis lazar was 29 , played for Boucher in the past and played the exact same way he was playing last year he's probably still on the team.

Reactions: robsenz

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Paul is a bust bro at this point he is filler like Dumont

if Paul wasn't in the Spezza trade no one would care about him

Im more excited to see White up soon

Reactions: robsenz

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Paul may very well be a bust but you don't make that determination on a guy who's 22 and has fewer than 40 NHL games under his belt. There's nothing left for this season besides seeing what some of your young guys can do in the big league, especially when you're replacing him with a guy like Dumont who has firmly established himself as a 4th line player at the NHL level.

What's even the point of playing these games for the Sens at this point? There's no focus on the future or any kind of entertainment value. What dumpster fire.

And if you want White up, you shouldn't want to see the likes of Dumont in there who is literally just taking away a roster spot from guys like white and Paul.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Paul may very well be a bust but you don't make that determination on a guy who's 22 and has fewer than 40 NHL games under his belt. There's nothing left for this season besides seeing what some of your young guys can do in the big league, especially when you're replacing him with a guy like Dumont who has firmly established himself as a 4th line player at the NHL level.

What's even the point of playing these games for the Sens at this point? There's no focus on the future or any kind of entertainment value. What dumpster fire.
his AHL play has been meh it really feels like he has been used as a filler this year to allow other guys to develop in the minors. I think we will see more young guys as the season progresses and we continue to lose and possible move out some bodies. We already see Chabot and Chlapik and Harpur

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
his AHL play has been meh it really feels like he has been used as a filler this year to allow other guys to develop in the minors. I think we will see more young guys as the season progresses and we continue to lose and possible move out some bodies. We already see Chabot and Chlapik and Harpur
Have you watching him actually play a game in the AHL this year because those who were watching him said he was the best skater for Belleville.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
We have to keep losing guys, its the only way this team gets better ;)

And yeah I'm on the Golden Knights bandwagon :naughty:

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Have you watching him actually play a game in the AHL this year because those who were watching him said he was the best skater for Belleville.
Dude Paul is going to be at BEST a 3rd line player in the NHL even then its questionable. He can't produce in the AHL he isn't going to at the NHL level consistantly. If the Sens want to call him up and down as a filler then so be it. I'm more interested in see how White and Chabot develop and a lesser extent Chlapik and Perron

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

He was projected as a bottom six forward He's a bottom six forward

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Dude Paul is going to be at BEST a 3rd line player in the NHL even then its questionable. He can't produce in the AHL he isn't going to at the NHL level consistantly. If the Sens want to call him up and down as a filler then so be it. I'm more interested in see how White and Chabot develop and a lesser extent Chlapik and Perron
And how dumont develops apparently

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
That's all fine but my eyes tell me Paul is a better player than guys that are already here. You're bringing up White and Perron but we're specifically talking about Dumont. As it stands, this likely tells us those guys are very unlikely to get any time over a guy like Dumont. I would be happy to give those guys ice time over Dumont and Paul though (along with Smith, Burrows, Thompson, and Pyatt)

Paul should be a guy to look at closely now though given his age and that's he's getting closer to waiver eligibility. Need to see what they have.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
And how dumont develops apparently
I could care less how 4th liners are developed on our nhl roster. If you guys are going to cry over who gets 4th line mins Dumont or Paul you are wasting your time.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This is like when some here were sayint "as if you're crying over dahlen". Missing the point. Missing the point completely

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I'm more happy that legit prospects like Claesson Harpur Chabot and Chlapik are getting chances.

Looks like your focusing in on the wrong guys

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I could care less how 4th liners are developed on our nhl roster. If you guys are going to cry over who gets 4th line mins Dumont or Paul you are wasting your time.
So it actually shouldn't matter who's on the fourth line lmao?! It's a non issue in every sense of the word? Just who cares?you talk about development but I mean fourth line is probably a great spot for someone like Paul to develop.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
So it actually shouldn't matter who's on the fourth line lmao?! It's a non issue in every sense of the word? Just who cares?you talk about development but I mean fourth line is probably a great spot for someone like Paul to develop.
At this point in the season? No it doesn't matter to me who the 4th line is cause they are going to get minimal mins in meaningless games. If you can move some bodies out then sure bring in Paul to play 4th line mins but I don't think he is going to develop anything more from there.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Paul being a bottom sixer is fine, we NEED young, cost-controlled bottom sixers. If he can push out Burrows so much the better.
We actually have this one. Detroit is pure shite and we're better than them, ergo we get saves and send them back to Little Caesar's Land.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm more happy that legit prospects like Claesson Harpur Chabot and Chlapik are getting chances.

Looks like your focusing in on the wrong guys
Yes. So am I. But I'm also allowed to be happy to a lesser degree about other things? Like yeah I'm MORE happy that chabot it playing. But I was also content that paul was playing over a plug like dumont.

Reactions: Cosmix

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Yip. IMO Paul has showed more in the couple games he's played in then Dumont in the time he's been here. There is nothing for Paul to work on anymore in the AHL.

So you believe that Paul has shown more than Dumont, in two games?

Can you elaborate?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
That's all fine but my eyes tell me Paul is a better player than guys that are already here. You're bringing up White and Perron but we're specifically talking about Dumont. As it stands, this likely tells us those guys are very unlikely to get any time over a guy like Dumont. I would be happy to give those guys ice time over Dumont and Paul though (along with Smith, Burrows, Thompson, and Pyatt)

Paul should be a guy to look at closely now though given his age and that's he's getting closer to waiver eligibility. Need to see what they have.
to me Paul and Dumont are the same. Both just cheap contracts who fill a spot and who are there to provide energy. It really doesn't matter to me. Im sure bodies will be moved at some point closer to the deadline and we will see more youth come up

Dumont is probably a better energy guy due to him always finishing checks but really at this point it doesn't matter

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
At this point in the season? No it doesn't matter to me who the 4th line is cause they are going to get minimal mins in meaningless games. If you can move some bodies out then sure bring in Paul to play 4th line mins but I don't think he is going to develop anything more from there.
I would rather have cheap youngsters that at least have the chance to develop vs overpriced bad vets

Reactions: DrEasy

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Yes. So am I. But I'm also allowed to be happy to a lesser degree about other things? Like yeah I'm MORE happy that chabot it playing. But I was also content that paul was playing over a plug like dumont.
Im sure more young guys will come up once we move out contracts. There isn't too much space up here

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Paul over Dumont is such a no brainer and at this point doesn't surprise me that we are going the opposite route. Paul is noticeable in a good way on the ice....not even sure what number Dumont wears as he is as invisible as they come in this league.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011

A 4th line should at least bring some energy if it’s not expected to score. So yeah I’d prefer Paul (or any call up) than the Dumont-Thompson-Burrows line that has sucked all season

How did Nate Thompson get a NMC lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad