Prospect Info: Sens have signed D Olle Alsing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Just wondering....weren't we at 50 contracts before signing this kid? Or was another move made within the last couple weeks to dump someone?

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
So we traded for Jonathan Davidsson so we can get someone to scout the Swedish league (or just his own team) for us for free. Do we have any other prospect playing in Europe? We should!

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
So we traded for Jonathan Davidsson so we can get someone to scout the Swedish league (or just his own team) for us for free. Do we have any other prospect playing in Europe? We should!

Sounds legit.

Im guessing they first learned of Alsing's existence when they sent someone out to Sweden on a special assignment to scout Davidson (after the trade). And the rest was history, and now we have 2 Swedish prospects/scouts in the organization, which is textbook asset management imo.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He's been trending up so no harm in another LH PMD asset in the organization. He will very likely be in Belleville and they need more puck movers.

Sens do need to address their right side although , Ceci, Demelo and Jaros will fill the void at least until JBD is ready, maybe as early as next year. Not sure what he's going to do with Wolanin /Brannstrom / Boro / Harpur filling in on the left side.

Quantifying The Importance of Handedness

Reactions: DrEasy

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He's been trending up so no harm in another LH PMD asset in the organization. He will very likely be in Belleville and they need more puck movers.

Sens do need to address their right side although , Ceci, Demelo and Jaros will fill the void at least until JBD is ready, maybe as early as next year. Not sure what he's going to do with Wolanin /Brannstrom / Boro / Harpur filling in on the left side.

Quantifying The Importance of Handedness
Short answer,teams look to put the forecheck hurt on defenders trying fumble pucks on their backhand....Everybody knows how I feel about having any defender playing his off hand,but the problem is more compounded by having kids with minimal experience trying to do this

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Harpur has to be traded, they just have to much LD already. Starting next year the depth chart is:

Chabot - 25 minutes
Wolanin - 18 minutes
Brannstrom - 17 minutes
——————————
That’s 60 minutes of LD hockey
——————————-
#7 Boro - will play because he’s Melnycks boy
#8 Lajoie - good depth guy at #7/8 who can skate at an NHL standard
#9 Harpur - to inconsistent to be a regular or a fill in. Good AHL Dman who
#10 Asling - should get a couple of NHL games to see what’s up.

They’ll need to ship out at least 1 LD, waivers perhaps for Harpur or a draft day trade.

Reactions: NB613

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Harpur made the roster playing on the right side.

Good point. I could see them deciding to keep Harpur because he can play some RD and LD - but he doesn’t do either very well even if he can do it. Boro also plays RD and seems to do a better job then Harpur.

Our RD is solid, more established then the LD

Ceci
Demelo
Jaros

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think the Alsing signing is a stop gap for a play making DMAM for Belleville. Norris, Formenton, an co will need someone to run a power play to ensure promote their development before JBD arrives. I think he is the plan "b" option for Belleville if EB and CW both start with Ottawa.

Reactions: NB613 and Cosmix

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
I think the Alsing signing is a stop gap for a play making DMAM for Belleville. Norris, Formenton, an co will need someone to run a power play to ensure promote their development before JBD arrives. I think he is the plan "b" option for Belleville if EB and CW both start with Ottawa.
Not even plan B. Is he some who cost no assets that could develop to a NHL player-possibly. You pull the trigger on that everytime

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Not even plan B. Is he some who cost no assets that could develop to a NHL player-possibly. You pull the trigger on that everytime

There are tonnes of players who fill that potential and teams have a limited # of contracts. Every player we add for 2019-20 fills one of the few spots left or releases a prospect.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
So much negativity over a free prospect....Yeesh.

Who has been overly negative about Alsing here?

A few have pointed out he's a smaller player, that he's more likely a depth guy at the NHL level at best, but that's just honestly a legit attempt to project him. No one here has unfairly dumped on the kid. He's a wait-and-see player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad