Sens Fan Roll Call

theticketguy

Aug 8, 2006
Ottawa
www.TheTicketGuy.ca
Name: Craig

Fav All time Senator: Tugnutt, Lalime (even with game 7)

Fav Current Senator: Spezza

Fav Non Ottawa Players: Steve Yzerman, Sidney Crosby

Fav Movies: Shawshank Redemption, All the Star Wars movies

Music: Music, only music I listen to is the snippets on the TEam 1200 and the Jim Rome show...

Hobbies: Selling discounted tickets to my favourite hockey team, coaching soccer

Fav food: Pizza (especially the free kind after a Sens thrashing)

Fav Sens moment: Even though it was a loss, the Game 7 loss to New Jersey.

How I became a fan: Home town team, started small and now a huge fan!

Origin of screen name: I am The Ticket Guy.

Jerseys owned: A "Roger Neilson" jersey worn by Rachunek during the warmup, a couple of signed Chara jerseys, a Lalime jersey, Alfie,

Last edited by a moderator:

sensR4real

Apr 19, 2006
Ottawa
ok.. your favotire Sens moment troubles me.. That was my least favorite moment, what did you like about it??? I almost cried!

Fav All time Senator: Tugnutt, Lalime (even with game 7)

Fav Current Senator: Spezza

Fav Non Ottawa Players: Steve Yzerman, Sidney Crosby

Fav Movies: Shawshank Redemption, All the Star Wars movies

Music: Music, only music I listen to is the snippets on the TEam 1200 and the Jim Rome show...

Hobbies: Selling discounted tickets to my favourite hockey team, coaching soccer

Fav food: Pizza (especially the free kind after a Sens thrashing)

Fav Sens moment: Even though it was a loss, the Game 7 loss to New Jersey.

How I became a fan: Home town team, started small and now a huge fan!

Origin of screen name: I am The Ticket Guy.

Jerseys owned: A "Roger Neilson" jersey worn by Rachunek during the warmup, a couple of signed Chara jerseys, a Lalime jersey, Alfie,

the gonq

Aug 26, 2006
Ottawa
Name: Colin

Fav All time Senator: Mike Fisher

Fav Current Senator: Mike Fisher

Fav Non Ottawa Players: Havlat, Sakic

Fav Movies: Shawshank Redemption, LOTR movies

Music: Almost anything, except foreign stuff, not too into that. Also I'm a musician.

Hobbies: Musician, Rugby, Hockey

Fav food: Subway Subs

Fav Sens moment: 10-4 win over Buffalo with Havlat and Alfie netting 4 each and Heater getting almost a hattrick too
How I became a fan: started paying attention in 2001 after being here a year, family were Leaf fans but I soon changed that around.

Origin of screen name: I go to AlGONQuin

Mullan32

Aug 28, 2006
Ottawa, Ont
Name: Andrew Mullan

Fav Former Senators: Daigle, Demitra, Van Allen, Tugnutt, Hossa, Havlat, Chara

Fav Current Senators: Fisher, Scheafer, Vermette, Meszaros, Eaves

Fav Non Ottawa Players: Alexander Ovechkin, Sidney Crosby, Marco Sturm, Mark Bell, Scott Neidermayer, Joe Sakic, Mario Lemieux, Wayne Gretzky, Mark Messier, Ollie Jokinen

Fav Movies: Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgandy, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Old School, Mall Rats, Mysterty Science Theater 3000: The Movie

Music: Arcade Fire, Architecture In Helsinki, Arctic Monkeys, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Beulah, Bloc Party, Bon Jovi, Boy Least Likely To, British Sea Power, Broken Social Scene, The Decemberists, The Doors, The Foo Fighters, Goldfinger, Kaiser Cheifs, The Killers, Led Zeppelin, Modest Mouse, Muse, Neil Young, Neutral Milk Hotel, Pink Floyd, Sam Roberts, Spoon, Stars, Sufjan Stevens, Ted Leo and The Pharmacists, Tom Petty, U2, Weezer and Wilco. (To name a few, I listen to alot of music)

Hobbies: Street Hockey, Football, Golf, Watching TV, Following the Ottawa Senators and Philadelphia Eagles (NFL)

Fav Sens moment: 2003 Playoffs, Philadelphia Flyers vs. Ottawa Senators. Game started off with Lalime letting in a goal with 30 seconds gone in the first, Ottawa responds with an amazing game. Smolinski had a sniper shot from the blue line, Havlat caused Cechmanek to be pulled by completely undressing him (Cechmanek actually just gave up and charged out of his net towards Havlat and the puck), and Peter Scheafer scored a short handed goal. Best game I was at.

2nd Fav Sens moment: Game 6, 2004 playoffs, 2nd OT, Mike Fisher with the game winner/ Mike Fisher destroying Handzus in the Philly/Ottawa Brawl are a tie

How I became a fan: My Mom took me to a few games when I was little still remeber when we won our first playoff series.

Origin of screen name: Last Name and number on my Sens Jersey.

Jerseys owned: Origional Black Ottawa, Customized Red Sens (Mullan #32), White Binghamton Senators, White Team Canada, White Buffalo Sabers, White Minnesota Wild, Red Calgary Flames (Black Logo), Dark Blue Atlanta Thrashers (with alternate Logo), Black Philadelphia Flyers, and Dark Blue/Dark Red Vancouver Canucks.

w00t first post!! after being a lurker for 2 seasons.

Gr8full

Jan 27, 2006
Ottawa
Name: Jerry

All time Senator: Alfie

Fav Current Senator: Fisher

Fav Non Ottawa Players: Ovechkin,Crosby,Chara

Fav Movies: Lord of the Rings Extended Edition Trilogy

Music: CCR,Neil Young,Jethro Tull

Hobbies: Hockey,Golf,Stock Car Racing,Drag Racing

Fav food: Nova Scotia Donairs,Chris Brothers Pepperoni-Dartmouth,NS

Fav Sens moment: The Philly/Ottawa game (rock 'em sock 'em brawl)

How I became a fan: Back in NS I was a Montreal fan but Ottawa was where my heart was so when they got a franchise I jumped on board and never looked back

Origin of screen name: I was fortunate enough to sober up 11 years ago and was very Gr8full for the people I met that helped me,this was only 2 weeks after coming to Ottawa

Jerseys owned: Autographed Chris Phillips Black Jersey

Married: Seperated 11 years but never did get divorced,:dunno:

Kids: Girl-26,Boy-18

Last edited:

Ace Orton

Aug 30, 2006

Location: Brandon MB originally born and raised in Grandview,MB

All time Senator: Redden/Phillips

Fav Current Senator: Redden Phillips Fisher Heatley

Fav Non Ottawa Players: Temmu Selanne or Dale Hawerchuk

Fav Movies: Old School, wedding crashers, original star wars trilogy

Music: Pearl Jam, Alice in chains, Kiss, Headstones, Nickelback

Hobbies: Hockey,Golf,Curling, slow pitch

Fav food: Steak and a Loaded baked potato

Fav Sens moment: it hasn't happened yet

How I became a fan: Well back in 1996 I lost my beloved Winnipeg Jets and since I didn't really want to pick an american team I decided the next best Canadian team to cheer for would be the Senators. Couldn't really bring myself to cheer for another western Canadian team either. Then in the summer of 1997 I met Chris Phillips and Wade Redden in a bar in Brandon Manitoba and that pretty much sealed the deal for me cause they both seemed like really cool guys.

Origin of screen name: In the 80's there was a wrestler named Cowboy Bob Orton the father of current wwe wrestler Randy Orton, his nick name was ace. I liked it i stole it.

Jerseys owned: Ottawa Home Jersey

Married: nopers

Kids: none that i know of

StalkingButler

Name: jb

Location: Lewiston, Minnesota, US (I like the Wild too.. as in number 2)

Fav All time Senator: Lalime? *runs* I loved Havlat, but I can't place him here anymore

Fav Current Senator: Redden, Meszaros

Fav Non Ottawa Players: Gaborik, Havlat, Ovechkin

Fav Movies: Pulp Fiction, True Romance, Super Troopers, Deer Hunter

Music: Frank Zappa, Tool, Pink Floyd, The Mars Volta, Soundgarden

Hobbies: Golf

Fav food: Turkey Sandwiches and Tacos

Fav Sens moment/how I became a fan: Philly and Ottawa brawler

How long I have been a Sens fan: About when I found hockey, 7-8 years ago. I always pick a team from the opposite conference as the Minnesota team and love them to death, I really like the Baltimore Ravens for football and stuff.

Origin of screen name: Sober by Tool

Jerseys owned: Gaborik, yep that's right no Senators ones, I was gonna get a Havlat last year.. but I decided it was too much of a risk :-P

Married?: Eventually

Kids: Overpopulation of the world is a crisis.

MischFan

First post in these parts, been lurking for a while though. :)

Name: Melissa

Fav All time Senator - Chris Herperger, Mike Fisher

Fav Current Senator - Peter Schaefer, Mike Fisher, Josh Hennessy

Fav Non Ottawa Players - Nolan Schaefer, Joe Nieuwendyk, Jarret Stoll

Fav Teams(s) - Ottawa Senators

Least Fav Team(s) - Leafs, Blue Jackets

Fav Movies - too many to list

Fav T.V. Shows - Law & Order, That 70's Show

Music - Three Days Grace, Nickelback

Hobbies - photography, traveling

Fav Food - chicken

Fav Sens Moment - 12/1/02 Sens game vs Boston, Sens won 2-1 in OT. my first NHL game, only one in Ottawa

How I became a Sens fan - started following the team when Chris Herperger signed there, fell in love with the city soon after, been a fan ever since

Orgin of Screen Name - former Cleveland Baron Graig Mischler was one of my favorite players for a few years, I guess I was his only fan, so the name MischFan kinda stuck

Jersey's Owned - black Peter Schaefer Sens game worn, and various other minor league jerseys

bigm27

Sep 25, 2006
I'm new here so this might be a good way to introduce myself.

Looks like a good forum where we all have the same interests.

Name: Jerry

Fav All time Senator: Tugger, Reds, Alfie, Lance

Fav Current Senator: Heater

Fav Non Ottawa Players: nobody

Fav Movies: LOTR, Top Gun, Robin Hood

Music: AC/DC, Queen, Guess Who, Eagles

Hobbies: golf, riding my motorcycle, Sens games

Fav food: anything at Jack Astor's

Fav Sens moment/how I became a fan: since they arrived

Origin of screen name: I've always been a Mahovlich fan (yes I was a Leaf fan in my youth).

Jerseys owned: #27 white & #27 red (both with Mahovlich on back) , #27 Roger Neilson worn & signed by Todd Simpson, autographed Mike Fisher replica red

Married?: Yes! 17 years (second marriage)

Kids: Terry 30 (two grandkids 11 & 9)) & Kristina 27

Last edited:

hockeycoach

Jan 20, 2006
SenCity
Name: Jim

All time Senator: Alfie

Fav Current Senator: Fisher

Fav Non Ottawa Players: Chara, Yzerman, Mike Recchi, Doug Gilmour, Stumpy Thomas in 92-93 Islanders playoff run.

Fav Movies: Bullit, Austin Powers

Music: The Hip, Blue Rodeo, Dave Matthews, Valdy, Lightfoot, CCR, Beatles, Hendrix, Zeplin

Hobbies: Hockey, fishing, motocross

Fav food: gnocchi

Fav Sens moment: Chara doing the rag doll with McCabe (I think)

How I became a fan: As a kid I was a Montreal fan but since Sens day-one I've been behind them 100%

Origin of screen name: I coach Hockey.... there's a stretch eh? Midget-A 9 years and still going strong (used to do Bantam 3 years, Peewee 2 years) My sons were done hockey 7 years ago, but I just kept going back.
Let's see... I watch, coach and play HOCKEY.... I AM CANADIAN Eh :)

Jerseys owned: My oldest sons Midget jersey the year they won the ODMHA championship

Married: Happily for 31 years and counting

Kids: Three boys, 27, 25, 22

Sens are like Whoa

Mar 28, 2006
Me: Welcome people, refreshments being served in lounge

(Translation: For a good time, go to the lounge)

Person: Could use a pop or two, see you there

(Translation: I will see you in the lounge)

Other Person: Looking for something stronger than pop

(Translation: I'm looking for a really good time, not just your average "run-of-the-mill" good time)

Me: In that case, the scatbox is where you want to be

(Translation: The chatbox [also known as scatbox, shoutbox, what the hell is this?], located above the lounge, is where you want to be for a really good time.)

Hopefully that helps.

cstrs

Nov 30, 2005

Fav All time Senator: Hossa

Fav Current Senator: Mike Fisher, Chris Neil, Peter Schaefer, Daniel Alfredsson.

Fav Non Ottawa Players: Sakic, Sundin ( I know... I know...)

Fav Movies: Pink Floyd's The Wall, The Great Escape, Bridge Over the River Kwai, Blade Runner, Shawshank Redemption, Lord of the Ring Triology among many others

Music: Rock, Blues

Hobbies: Hockey, my kids, computers and anything else that'll keep me out of trouble!

Fav food: Indian

Fav Sens moment/how I became a fan: Became a fan when my son started playing hockey and seeing how excited he got when the Sens started winning more games. Fav moment: Going to my first Sens playoff game against Toronto. The Sens won 4-1 and watching a Leafs fan get pummeled in the parking lot after the game.

Origin of screen name: Ummm Because I Can't Seem To Remember Stuff.

Jerseys owned: Ottawa white (I guess that's the away now... Bought it when it was the home jersey)

Married?:Yes

Kids: 2 :banghead:

Last edited:

Lunatik*

just wanted to say while the Sens arent my 1st choice... they are the reason i get NHL center ice and are my #2 team.... i hope they play the Flames in the finals :yo:

Name: Michael
Fav All time Senator: Alexandre Daigle... I'm not sure why... but I never stopped liking how he plays
Fav Current Senator: Dany Heatley
Fav Non Ottawa Players: Iginla, Sakic, Phaneuf, Kiprusoff, Seabrook, Walz, McLennan
Fav Movies: Boyz In Da Hood, Menace II Society, Firday and Old School
Music: Rap/Hip-Hop and R&B
Hobbies: watching movies and hockey... love baseball too (Go Jays!!)
Fav food: Steak smothered in sauteed mushrooms... with baked potato (brocoli and cheese) and steamed carrots
Fav Sens moment/how I became a fan: instantly became one of my fave teams when they were granted an expansion team
Origin of screen name: well i'm a lil nuts
Jerseys owned: none
Married?: might as well be
Kids: i'll let you know when the DNA test comes back

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
Name: Derek

Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - but occassionally in Juba Sudan, Kampala Uganda, or in some banana plantation on the border of the Congo

Favourite all time Senator: Ron Tugnutt, Billy Muckalt, Igor Kravchuk, Lance Pitlick

Favourite Current Senator: Heatley, Niel, Fisher

Fav Non Ottawa Players: Ryan Smith, Brendan Shanahan, Tomas Vokoun (I wish we had him!)

Fav Movies: Barber Shop, Soul Plane, The Four Feathers, Lord of the Rings, the God Father

Music: RnB, Hip Hop, Lingala, Jamaican Dance Hall, Movie Soundtracks

Hobbies: Loitering in Zanzibar drinking Vodka Martini's (shaken, but not stirred) with my wife. The olive has to be just right! Travelling, horseback riding, skiing, reading, playing chess, writing, and off-roading with 1970 series Land Rovers.

Fav food: Fried Grasshoppers (ensenene), steamed banana (matooke), roasted goat, roasted pork, Fresh Tilapia, Enjera, and Doro Watt

Fav Sens moment:
- Igor Kravchuks goal to take a series lead against the Devils - forget which year - its been a while
- When Yashin was traded for Spezza, Chara and Muckalt
- Ottawa's dismantling of the Flyers in five games

how I became a fan:
Flogged off mastercard applications for MBNA and got paid to watch every homegame for an entire season - 1998-99. What a university job! My appologies if your credit rating took a dive because of my salesmanship. hahaha

How long I have been a Sens fan: Since 1998 - I was in Victoria before and thus, a Canucks fan... still am!

Origin of screen name: Someone stole my other - [paranoid.mongoose]

Jerseys owned:

Red Jersey - no number, no name

Married?: Yes, to a lovely Ugandan woman

Kids: Not that i know of ... yet! Though my better half tells me i better get ready for some :eek:

GOAT

Dec 5, 2006
Ottawa
Name: Greg

Favourite all time Senator: Alfie, Duchesne, McEachern

Favourite Current Senator: Eaves, Vermette, Kelly

Fav Non Ottawa Players: JR Superstar, Alex Tanguay

Fav Movies: The Rock, Office Space, The Great Escape, Mallrats

Music: Rock, Hip Hop

Hobbies: Soccer, Basketball

Fav food: Veal Parmigiana or a big juicy steak

Fav Sens moment:
- Cup run to game 7 of the conference finals
- Brawl against the flyers
- Every goal, hit, and save

How I became a fan:
Grew with the team. It just happened naturally.

How long I have been a Sens fan: Since that first game (and win) against Montreal.

Origin of screen name: LL Cool J

Jerseys owned: Home jersey, and an old, black Rhodes jersey

Married?: No

Kids: No

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: