Proposal: Sens/Ducks

DuckRogers10

Feb 3, 2016
Cypress, CA
Even though you guys haven’t been mentioned as potential suitors, I think Karl would love to extend on the west coast, and the Ducks are a team in win now mode as the core isn’t getting any younger.

To Ottawa: One of Henrique/Kase, One of Manson/Montour, One of Steel/Terry, 1st rounder in 2019.

To Anaheim: Extended Karl, or at the very least an agreement in principle.

Plenty of room for negotiation.

Cheers!
Anaheim Ducks Penalty Box GIF by NHL - Find & Share on GIPHY

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
As much as id love to add Karlsson to our defense... its essentially impossible for cap reasons(and cost to make it work)…..

As far as Anaheim is concerned we are pretty weak up front(pending injuries/how young guys pan out) but trading guys like kase/Henrique etc would be a huge loss to us(kase is also on a pretty nice contract). The type of return Ott is going to get on karlsson isn't probably going to be as good as theyd like... and the only way I can see a trade working out between the 2 teams is something where you guys took perry back.

Guys like Kase and Rakell are basically untradeable because of their contracts... we cant move Henrique/steel because we need that center depth going forward. If Anaheim plays their cards right we can avoid a hard rebuild... and continue to be a competitive team, but I don't think adding a big name guy like karlsson while Perry/Getz/Kesler are still on contract helps the situation.

If we did make a move for karlsson it would have had to have been fowler ++ for him.... and even then that's putting a lot of pressure on Mahura/Larsson/Pettersson to take over fowlers mins.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
As much as id love to add Karlsson to our defense... its essentially impossible for cap reasons(and cost to make it work)…..

As far as Anaheim is concerned we are pretty weak up front(pending injuries/how young guys pan out) but trading guys like kase/Henrique etc would be a huge loss to us(kase is also on a pretty nice contract). The type of return Ott is going to get on karlsson isn't probably going to be as good as theyd like... and the only way I can see a trade working out between the 2 teams is something where you guys took perry back.

Guys like Kase and Rakell are basically untradeable because of their contracts... we cant move Henrique/steel because we need that center depth going forward. If Anaheim plays their cards right we can avoid a hard rebuild... and continue to be a competitive team, but I don't think adding a big name guy like karlsson while Perry/Getz/Kesler are still on contract helps the situation.

If we did make a move for karlsson it would have had to have been fowler ++ for him.... and even then that's putting a lot of pressure on Mahura/Larsson/Pettersson to take over fowlers mins.
Generally I more or less agree (unfortunately). Buit about the bolded I still think Karlsson would put us in a contender status, but none of those you mentioned would need to fill Fowlers shoes because Karlsson would already do that :) And EK is able to play more and higher level minutes that Cam (and that is no offense on Fowler, I think he is top30-ish defenseman in the world).

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Generally I more or less agree (unfortunately). Buit about the bolded I still think Karlsson would put us in a contender status, but none of those you mentioned would need to fill Fowlers shoes because Karlsson would already do that :) And EK is able to play more and higher level minutes that Cam (and that is no offense on Fowler, I think he is top30-ish defenseman in the world).
Isnt karlsson a rhd?
Lindholm karlsson
Larsson manson
Pettersson montour?

Thats more what i was pointing out, wed be much heavier on rd

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Even though you guys haven’t been mentioned as potential suitors, I think Karl would love to extend on the west coast, and the Ducks are a team in win now mode as the core isn’t getting any younger.

To Ottawa: One of Henrique/Kase, One of Manson/Montour, One of Steel/Terry, 1st rounder in 2019.

Cheers!

That’s an easy no for me. I think the value is off too but maybe I’d be more willing to give up close to that if I thought we were one piece away.

Oct 18, 2011

Cheers!
I would do the trade if I thought we could afford him

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The Fowler NMC prevents it. I'm still surprised BM agreed to that and the 8 years. Oh well

He claimed after the Perry NMC he wouldn't be so eager to use them again. Then Bieksa got one. Now Fowler basically has one to go along with max term. Ridiculous.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I have no problem with Fowlers contract

The list of players league wide who deserve 8 year deals with essentially a NMC is very small. Fowler isn't a guy who should be getting that term and security, it should be saved for the absolute elite.

It could be worse though at least we didn't give that term to Logan Couture.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
The list of players league wide who deserve 8 year deals with essentially a NMC is very small. Fowler isn't a guy who should be getting that term and security, it should be saved for the absolute elite.

It could be worse though at least we didn't give that term to Logan Couture.

When people look at Fowler's contract, they should keep in mind the season before last year (arguably his best season of his career), where I thought he was probably our best defenseman most of the year. Murray clearly wanted to sign him before the following year in an effort to prevent the cost from going up more. Murray does this all the time. I get why, but I think there's times he does rush it. I don't blame him on Fowler though. I wouldn't have thought he'd take such a step back last year. That said, I do think that the 8 year term and trade protection should have got the price down more than it did (that or not as much trade protection anyway). The contract pretty much is on par for Murray though when it comes to signing UFA's to be. Most fall in that "meh, too high, but not awful" category. That's where I'd pencil Fowler's in as well.

Reactions: Paul4587

S.S. Giggy

RIP 1974-2011
Jun 14, 2002
Getzlaf's Bald Spot
Visit site
So OP knew that he'd get mostly negative responses, and ridicule, if he had posted this on the Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk of the boards so he posted it here. Mods, please close.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad