Proposal: Sens/Ducks

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Even though you guys haven’t been mentioned as potential suitors, I think Karl would love to extend on the west coast, and the Ducks are a team in win now mode as the core isn’t getting any younger.

To Ottawa: One of Henrique/Kase, One of Manson/Montour, One of Steel/Terry, 1st rounder in 2019.

To Anaheim: Extended Karl, or at the very least an agreement in principle.

Plenty of room for negotiation.

Cheers!

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I'm no expert on these matters but that just seems horrible for the ducks to me. That would decimate our young pool of talent. I would expect us to be worse in the short run much much worse in long run and be in a worse cap situation.

JohnnyDrama

Oct 4, 2017
I would’ve offered Fowler, Terry and a 1st before Fowler’s no trade kicked in. The proposal above definitely favours Ottawa a bit too much but it’s not that far off - it is the best defenseman in the world (extension assumed obviously).

Reactions: From The Couch

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Easy nope. That’s way too much of our current team and our future for one player. We lose Rico we have one NHL center that we know will play next season. We lose Kase, we lose one of the two creative offensive players we have. We can’t afford to lose Manson. Montour would be expendable for Karlsson that’s fine. Steel is our best prospect and the only one who may fill the hole Getz leaves whenever he retires. Terry is also ok to move for an extended Karlsson.

Basically the only things I would move in this deal is Montour, Terry and a 1st for Karlsson. And Ottawa doesn’t take that deal, so there’s no deal to be had.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Leaving aside cap issues and how each of the Ducks' pairs aren't equal value...

Just for discussion, am I the only one who is willing to give up Manson in a deal for a signed Karlsson?

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015

Just for discussion, am I the only one who is willing to give up Manson in a deal for a signed Karlsson?
I would give up Manson if we can figure out a way to manage our cap. Taken one of our greatest bangs for the buck would stretch us really thin from a cap perspective and result in us losing players to FA.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I would’ve offered Fowler, Terry and a 1st before Fowler’s no trade kicked in. The proposal above definitely favours Ottawa a bit too much but it’s not that far off - it is the best defenseman in the world (extension assumed obviously).

That’s good value in itself if he’d waive NTC

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Try reading the whole post before talking out of your ass. It’s for an extended Karl.

And here's the problem - he's not. No point in even talking about theoretical when the lynchpin of your proposal isn't even real. How about we give you a 7th round pick and you can pick up a free jersey from the teamstore? That's about as good as a "what if he was extended" concept.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Not a chance, putting way too many eggs in one basket. I don't see how anyone could possibly look at the make up of this team and think the best course would be to mortgage that much of the present and future to upgrade one of Manson/Montour.

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Manson is very unique. If Karlsson is coming this way, we would be better off to ship Montour out as their playing styles are similar.
Manson is needed for the physical edge

As for the OP, too much valuable pieces going out, it would be too much, we say no. But I don`t think the value is that far off for us, since Karlsson is top 3 defenseman in the world, pretty easily. And like you said, this would be if he is resigned or at least if the deal is in place.
In reality, I`m not sure Ducks will be the ones to offer the best package for EK. Sadly

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California

If I were free to choose one of Manson or Montour in a deal for EK, I pick Montour 10 times out of 10. EK is essentially a heavily upgraded version of what we want Montour to be, whereas acquiring EK for Manson just takes away from our versatility.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
And here's the problem - he's not. No point in even talking about theoretical when the lynchpin of your proposal isn't even real. How about we give you a 7th round pick and you can pick up a free jersey from the teamstore? That's about as good as a "what if he was extended" concept.

The entire premise of trade proposals is dealing in hypotheticals. If everyone walked around with blinders on like yourself refusing to identify viable potential based on logic nothing would ever happen. Don’t know why you even bothered replying with such little substance to offer.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I think the op is pretty close

If EK was extended. Losing no tour does not hurt at all. I wouldn’t lose Manson if a choice

Terry could be good but I’d not offer steel yet

Love Henriques IQ and Kase energy but if Kessler looks like he could play I’d go Henrique. Sadly

More than anything I want our 1st in 19. Maybe a 1010 first. Getting a generational player costs

I think it’s a good offer. I also know it’s a big hit.

Reactions: Clayonator

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Please delete thread

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Not a chance, putting way too many eggs in one basket. I don't see how anyone could possibly look at the make up of this team and think the best course would be to mortgage that much of the present and future to upgrade one of Manson/Montour.

Yeah, that trade would destroy our forward depth to address our blue line.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Best Ducks could do is
Montour
Terry/Jones
Ritchie
Perry-For cap reasons
2nd
this... I only want to do it if perry is going the other way...I am of the opinion though that we need to get younger and build that way...i dont think adding EK makes us a favorite or "fixes" the issues this team has... we need forwards who can put the puck in the net more then anything, and "I" prefer we give our young players a look before we send them off for more d....i understand if you have a chance to get EK, you do it but i just see that as a set back for us (just my opinion).

Reactions: bags07

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Signed, I would go as high as Lindholm + Kase + 2nd (or + Terry +1st). Unsigned, He will get a young top 6/top 4, good but probably not top prospect, and a 1st, just like every other star rental ever.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Even though you guys haven’t been mentioned as potential suitors, I think Karl would love to extend on the west coast, and the Ducks are a team in win now mode as the core isn’t getting any younger.

To Ottawa: One of Henrique/Kase, One of Manson/Montour, One of Steel/Terry, 1st rounder in 2019.

To Anaheim: Extended Karl, or at the very least an agreement in principle.

Plenty of room for negotiation.

Cheers!

The Ducks are in an awkward stage. They have lots of old players with lots of young, unproven players, and prospect pool that is now lacking. Oh, then there's that cap thing to worry about. That's probably why the Ducks haven't been mentioned as potential suitors.

We can't get rid of Rico because we do need solid centers. Kase is cheap.

Manson is a defensive mainstay. I could live with losing Montour.

Losing Steel or Terry for a team who's forwards are aging and can't score hits the Ducks more now and in the future.

Losing the 1st rounder hurts the team who's prospect pool has been dropping in high end talent. Those first rounders are valuable.

That's four players for one player. Can one defensive guy make up for a lack of scoring from the forward position and a first rounder? Don't forget the possibility of Seattle having an expansion draft in the future as well.

In 2018, the salary concerns are similar between the Sens and Ducks. In 2019, it's a far different case. The sens have a projected $40 mil available, but with loads of free agents. The Ducks, on the other hand, have only $10 mil available with only RW Silfverberg and a backup goalie to worry about.

Anaheim isn't one player away from the Stanley Cup. Until the Ducks get their center situation squared, see which forwards can score, see if they have more than one young defenseman progressing as a NHL potential, as well as see if their prospect pool can develop, then maybe they'd consider selling four good players for only one top-3 defenseman from a GM who thinks long term in his decisions. So is there a chance? There's always a chance. Is there a probability of that trade occurring? Not really. Bob Murray is our GM, not Brian Burke.

If I was Washington, then as a fan, I'd propose what you would have proposed... on your own site. I'd want as much as I can get from a D-man we can no longer afford or wishes not to return. Don't get snippy if some Duck fans don't like your proposal with veracity. You're on an Anaheim board and you insulted a Duck fan or two with your proposal. That should be expected and you should be the person to hold your fingers from responding back. You should only respond back to those willing to have a conversation with you since you're visiting this Ducks board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad