Post-Game Talk: SENS @ Dallas, tonight 8pm

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Who in their right mind wants to watch this team play hockey.

The Senators are the laughing stock of the whole league. The stupidity and downright incompetence of Andlauer and Staios is on full display.

This guy Andlauer wanted the Sens enough to pay almost a billion dollars.... But when it comes to a simple coaching change, that should have come three years ago, he won't pay a cent.

Does anybody actually believe that DJ Smith has any skill as a head coach?

I know we have the talent to be a playoff team. I remember last year at this time when everyone was screaming for DJ to be fired after another slow start.

Insanity is often quoted as "Doing the same thing over and again expecting a different result."

I'm crazy, you're crazy, anybody who ever expected that DJ Smith would suddenly turn into Joel Quenneville is a nutjob.

Actually, Dandy Andlauer is pretty astute. He is going to hire who he feels is the best GM, Staios is looking. The GM will make decisions on coaching personnel. That’s what we wanted under Melnyk.

They already fired Dorion and is currently taking stock of what they really have as a team as neither had any stake at building this team. So they are going through due process.

Unfortunately for us fans, it means we shall suffer in the short-term. We have suffered so much in the past six years, but that was under different ownership in a different (more difficult) circumstances.

They see what we all see are the reasons for the team’s play. And more. They just hired Jacques and Alfie. Short term pain for long term gain. Andy put his money where his mouth is. He says he will deliver a contending team and I have no doubt.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Actually, Dandy Andlauer is pretty astute. He is going to hire who he feels is the best GM, Staios is looking. The GM will make decisions on coaching personnel. That’s what we wanted under Melnyk.

They already fired Dorion and is currently taking stock of what they really have as a team as neither had any stake at building this team. So they are going through due process.

Unfortunately for us fans, it means we shall suffer in the short-term. We have suffered so much in the past six years, but that was under different ownership in a different (more difficult) circumstances.

They see what we all see are the reasons for the team’s play. And more. They just hired Jacques and Alfie. Short term pain for long term gain. Andy put his money where his mouth is. He says he will deliver a contending team and I have no doubt.
Okay Jacques is fine. Alfie I’m not sure what he does or brings.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

Feels like all of Andlauer, Staios, Martin and Alfredsson acknowledge that it's more a players problem than a DJ problem.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Feels like all of Andlauer, Staios, Martin and Alfredsson acknowledge that it's more a players problem than a DJ problem.

DJ has let Sens unstructured hockey for years, but looking at the young players and shitty veterans perhaps he also didn’t have much of a choice. You can see the players are now struggling to adapt. Maybe in the name of grooming the skilled core players who are now the culprits of these bad habits.

DJ also didn't seem to have a full-strength NHL team in any of his years of coaching this team. This season alone, he is missing Pinto, Chabot, and an expected slow start by Norris. Greig missed so many games.

I think they will hire a GM first who will deal with coaching personnel decisions. I don't expect DJ to last the season unless a drastic turnaround happens on this road trip.

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Showed last night during game.

Second in goals against in for
31st in second
And 4th in third.

Obviously need to improve the second

Need to get PP + PK closer to last year.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I don't think I'm allowed to post a gif of that
1702661614484.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Puikiou

Snowwy

Jan 29, 2006
Who in their right mind wants to watch this team play hockey.

The Senators are the laughing stock of the whole league. The stupidity and downright incompetence of Andlauer and Staios is on full display.

This guy Andlauer wanted the Sens enough to pay almost a billion dollars.... But when it comes to a simple coaching change, that should have come three years ago, he won't pay a cent.

Does anybody actually believe that DJ Smith has any skill as a head coach?

I know we have the talent to be a playoff team. I remember last year at this time when everyone was screaming for DJ to be fired after another slow start.

Insanity is often quoted as "Doing the same thing over and again expecting a different result."

I'm crazy, you're crazy, anybody who ever expected that DJ Smith would suddenly turn into Joel Quenneville is a nutjob.
Didn't take long for some crazy embarrassing takes. Probably time for you to cheer for another team. :)

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022

I understand people's wishes to have a new GM run the team and not ownership, like Melnyk.

Firing Dorion was the only thing Andlauer could have done after the Dadonov debacle. But I appreciate the move in the spirit of change. However Dorion wasn't coaching the team over the last 4 years.

What they need to do, and probably should have done by now, is fire DJ. They could find a new coach and put him on a 1 year contract.

Why? Becuase DJ has proven he has no idea how to coach. We have trouble in our defensive end, we have no sense or composure trying to break from the neutral zone into the offensive zone. Our powerplay is stagnant and so is our penalty kill.

Furthermore the proof is right in front of our eyes. Look at Edmonton and the turnaround. The Sens have the talent to do the same thing.

Didn't take long for some crazy embarrassing takes. Probably time for you to cheer for another team. :)
Haha, come on everyone knows that cheering for a losing team that refuses to change the head coach is no fun.

4 more years of below mediocrity? Is that your vote

We are not the Toronto Maple leafs here people, we suck.

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
What? Is that a joke.

The big 4. An owner who has no idea what to do to stop the bleeding. An interim GM with no NHL experience. A senior advisor to the staff and an assistant coach who is kind of a figurehead as he has no experience coaching but is the greatest Sen to ever live.

This rag tag group of people likely did not get together and approve DJ and disapprove the players.

The players are pretty great. They just need a competent leader and coach.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
I expect a blowout loss tonight. The vibes are really off and I think that's going to be very evident on the ice tonight.

Still won't result in coaches being fired, unfortunately.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad