Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Cats, game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Xspyrit, you sound like a leaf fan advanced stats denier. The Sens are 29th in score-adjusted Fenwick % so far this season. Granted, forcing shots to be from the perimeter makes those shots much less likely to count, but it's an indication that the Sens aren't driving possession.

Sure.

I'm in denial because I put more stock into what I see and regular stats than advanced stats. It has been like that since 2012-13 and maybe even before, people on HF Sens put way too much stock into the shots count. I remember a Sens blogger gathering scoring chances and the Sens had more than the opposition in general even if they were getting "outshot" in majority of games.

I said those weren't the prettiest wins and I'm not expecting the Sens to cruise through the NHL. Those who are "disappointed" so far are those in denial.

Three games played:
Nashille gets 2 for Win; Senators get 0
Senators get 2 for Win; Tampa gets 1 for SOL
Senators get 2 for Win; Florida gets 0

Total 7 points awarded!

lol what's next? I don't think people didn't understand what you meant but it's getting so far-fetched that it's getting ridiculous. Whatever float people's boats I guess. I'll continue to enjoy hockey as an entertainment and won't fall into the paranoia.

Well let's not act like this is new. I posted in three threads between the start of February last year and opening night in Nashville, because one can only take so much shrieking and gnashing of teeth.

You're wiser than most because you refuse to waste your time. Personally, I'm here for the dopamine provided by the infinite laughs.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
The ice looked poor, the Panthers were content to plug up the neutral zone, there were odd non calls. I wouldn't worry about squeaking out a 1-0 win in front of 48 people on a weeknight where Florida couldn't get anything going except falling back and plugging the zones.

...and it was the last game of the road trip, a game that this team lost a lot of last year. Pretty good to win a game that last year they would have lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad